PENSION PROPOSAL - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: PENSION PROPOSAL

What Abraham Lincon described so long ago is happening in our own State so of course Floridians are Fighting Back “I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to Tremble for the safety of my country; corporations have been enthroned, an era of Corruption in High Places will follow, and the Money Power of the Country will Endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the People, until The wealth is aggregated in a few hands, and the Republic is destroyed."Abraham Lincoln" The GOP moves of late, will assuredly lead to their demise. Perhaps no one ever told them that old adage "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive" Abraham Lincoln said "Upon the subject of education not presuming to dictate any plan or system, respecting it, I can only say that I view it as the most important subject which we as a people can be engaged in." Floridians are educated,even Public Servants. By the way Rick Scott, We will continue fighting for our rights and we dont appreciate your ploy to pit the Private against Public. It's a new low, even for you! :devil:

The first quote in the above post IS NOT Abraham Lincoln. The quote is constantly used in many different ways, however, it isn't Lincoln. In fact, it is considered a fabricated and a fraudulent quotation. The second quote is Lincoln, in fact, it is from Lincoln's 1st political statement in 1832. Please reference the following links http://www.snopes.com/quotes/lincoln.asp and http://showcase.netins.net/web/creative ... s/1832.htm

To "NOT LINCON" (I’m not sure why no one ever posts their real name) Thank you for correcting me, and giving a history lesson. The point I was trying to make is that it’s worrisome when a leader no longer operates or is guided by a sense of what is right or wrong. It appears the conscience of many leaders today have literally been cauterized and rendered insensitive. Power and Greed appear to be a common denominator behind a seared conscience which is synonymous with corruption. Did you know 261 members of Congress are millionaires? That's 44 % of the body, compared to about 1% of Americans overall, yet unemployment is at an all-time low. (Of course “snopes” as you referred to, may again prove me wrong. I am not a personal encyclopedia, but this information was provided by CBS News if you’re so inclined to proof my information. The article was titled “Numbers Of millionaires in Congress” Thanks for the information. It’s never my intension, to misquote. :wink:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234