Mike Scott giving back millions

Mike Scott giving back millions

:devil: Well just spoke to a major, he states 6million to 10million will be returned to the county this year. Just yesterday brain storming was done asking all to save money and even parking cars in lots between calls saving gas. Hey there's no money for raises.

Re: Mike Scott giving back millions

Anyone remember this? He's doing the same thing the other guy but worse at least Shoap gave us raises.

mikes letter to the LCSO before he won the election.

As you know, I recently resigned and am embarking on a campaign to become the next Sheriff of Lee
    County. I am anxious to reinforce the focus of the agency on public safety by deflating the bloated
    bureaucracy and redirecting resources to the areas most in need. Stickers on patrol cars and catchy
    slogans will not be priorities and the agency will not be embarrassed with headlines of a Sheriff parking
    his county vehicle several blocks away from questionable meetings in a riverfront condominium.
    The current Sheriff has a record of promises made and promises broken as evidenced by the enclosed
    letter; and he returned money to the County Commission at a time when our cherished benefits were
    compromised. We all know the agency is more top-heavy than ever but what about the "@nsultants"
    mentioned in the enclosed letter? | am also enclosing a copy of a document prepared by a "@nsultanf'
    hired by the current Sheriff almost immediately after he said he would eliminate "consultants." In the
    words of that consultant, "The attitude you send out ... is the attitude you get back."
    What attitude has this Sheriff sent out with his broken promises? What attitude was sent out by the
    sudden deterioration of our benefits? What attitude is sent out with so many reserved parking spaces at
    headquarters? What attitude is sent out by continuing to manage through fear and intimidation? What
    attitucje is sent out when a Sheriff issued himself three (3) new vehicles haifway through his first tei'm?
    What attitude willyou send back on Election Day?
    Read carefully and think about the message at the end of the Sheriffs letter. Will the current Sheriff
    allow you to contact me the way he encouraged the department members to contact him? | understand
    the travesty of your "right to remain silent" even in your personal life. I will write again closer to the
    election.
    We Can Do
    90 Cardinal Drive, N. Ft. Myers, FL 33917K 239-848-5749
    \N\M\N-\lrze\Nantrrl i ke - colrl
    Pd. Pol. Adv. by Mike Scott Campaign Approved by Mike Scott (Rep.)
    Better, 4/
    www.wewantmike.com
    90 Gardinal Drive . North Fort Myers, FL 33917
    239-848-5749
    Pd. Pol. Adv. by l\4ike Scott Campaign Approved by Mike Scott (Rep.)
    Three years ago, there were promises to streamline the administration and eliminate
    costly consultants; employee benefit cuts came without explanation or advance notice,
    and embarrassing headlines raised questions about moral character and integrity.
    Three years later and $30 MILLION DOLLARS of record budget increases, the bloated
    bureaucracy is alive and -nicll and high-r'anliing ichrees are v;elccmed back'with open
    arms and an open checkbook while civilians are hired at 2-3 times the salary of a starting
    deputy and handed the keys to a vehicle. An insecure Sheriff continues exerting influence
    over what you do in your private life, while he passively condones tawdry, extramarital
    affairs between high-ranking officers and their subordinates. The sacred uniform is
    reduced to a Halloween party favor!
    As we enter this New Year, I want to wish you health and assure you that better days are
    ahead. My campaign has been very well received by our community and word is out all
    across Lee County. My family and I are doing well, and we are encouraged by phone
    calls, e-mails, and an outpouring of support for change. Be wary of rumors, consider the
    source, and know that my dedication to law enforcement and clear understanding of the
    need for a department that combines strength with integrity and respect is the type of new
    leadership we need for the men and women who serve Lee County.
    In the near future, I will outline the specifics of a platform for change, that focuses more
    resources and manpower on protecting our citizens and each other by establishing a
    stronger, leaner, more responsive and taxpayer service-oriented approach. I am excited,
    full of energy and always upbeat; consistent traits you have always seen exhibited in my
    work ethic and attitude. I ask you to respect the courage I have demonstrated in standing
    up for what is right and taking on this first-term incumbent who has fallen far short of our
    expectations.
    I place the highest value on the support of the men and women that make up the Lee
    County SherifPs Office, and I understand the sad reality that as appointees of the current
    Sheriff, you do not have the basic freedoms of speech and expression this country stands
    for. 2004 presents us with an opportunity for change, and I will write you again, closer to
    the August Primary.
    We Can Do Better.
    //l/"
    www.wewa*trilike.cCIFn
    ** CardinaS Grive . N*rth Fcrt Myers, FE* 33S'tT
    239-848-5749
    Pd. POl. Ati,r. Dy ltlike St0ii Campaign Approved b.v I\nik€ Scoti {Rep )
    This will be the third and final lefter I will send to you as a candidate for Sheriff.
    The August 31't primary election is just around the corner and the opportunity for
    change i.s reaL The shortcomingsand inappropriate hehavior ofJhe currentadministration
    have been well documentedo as recently as the dismissal of a third
    DUI for a big campaign donor. Meanwhile, my campaign is strong and we are
    encouraged by a huge base of support acro$ Lee County. I realize your private
    lives continue to be controlled by fear and intimidation by the current Sheriff and a
    handful of his staff; and so my first promise to you is that on day one, !4!!
    eliminate this stvle of bullv management

I will also pledge the following:
    o Immediately set the tone for honesty and integrity from the top down
    o Move quickly to reduce command staff by atleast33"/o
    o Initiate a top to bottom review of every position in the agency and
    restructure for fewer certified personnel behind desks and more on
    patrolo in investigation, and detention
    o Initiate a top to bottom review of the vehicle fleet; uniformed deputies
    will not drive Hybrids while attorneys and others drive luxury SUV's
    o Initiate a "jail first" policy when filling vacancies in road patrol
    o Establish a career seruice/step grade system that does not penalize
    members for tenure with lack of rank
    o Immediately meet with other SherifPs to review their insurance
    packages as compare with ours, to ensure we have the best possible plan
    o Eliminate wasteful spending on outside consultants and other perks and
    make salary increases the priority
    r I will be the most accessible and interactive Sheriffthe agency has ever
    had
    These are just ten (10) quick examples of the fresh, new energy and focus I know
    will make the Lee County Sheriffs Office an even better place to work and serve
    our community. Be wary of rumors, do not doubt my commitment to change, and
    realize the courage and leadership qualities that have developed such a strong
    campaign.
    www.wewa r'l tm i ke. co n't
    SS eardinal Drive' North Fort Myers, FL 33917
    239-848-5748
    Pd. Poi. Arjv. by [4ik€ Sc0ii Campaign Afpro!'ed bfr [4ike Scotl iRep.)
    Regardless of your position within the agency, the August 31't election will
    determine your future and presents you with a very clear choice for the next four (4)
    years and beyond. If nothing else, consider the sad reality that you work for an
    administration that does not even afford you the basic freedom of speech in your
    private life.
    I look forward to working with yoq agrin in the coming montlq and briuging qtt
    strong blend of street experience, MBA, interpersonal skills, and award winning
    management style back to the Sheriffs Office. I am honored to cany the official
    endorsements of the Florida P.B.A. and the Professional Firefighters, Paramedics,
    and E.M.T.'s of Southwest Florida.
    Ultimatelyn yg have a great deal of influence in the coming election, and I am
    asking for g to help me do the right thing for the future of that great agency.
    We Can Do Better,
    ft1,("

Mike's going to try to give money back to the county again this year so the county commisioners can pretty up the medians and up grade baseball stadiums that we don't need. While my brothers and sister are getting guns pointed at them, shot at and killed the LCSO pays the admin secretaries, yes they are secrataries over $60,000 a year to foward an email or a phone call while a 10 year deputy makes less then $40,000 a year. You guys don't think you need a UNION? This hurts me to say but you are fools if you don't vote the Union in. Mike Scott only cares about high paid civilians, NOT YOU, you know the ones that got raises a few years ago, when you didn't and the department supposedly didn't have money. Our dipstick department attorney and budget director as well as several other do nothings got a nice chunk of change. WAKE UP certified guys I'm not pro UNION but you need to take a chance!!!!

How's that "Career Ladder" working out? The only ladder here in the ladder down because Mike demotes and promotes so many people. In 2005, when he did all those promotions & everybody loved him, how many of those VERY same individuals have been demoted, fired, or forced to resign? Heck, one ever committed suicide! (No doubt caused by the things he was seeing Mike do).

Mike Scott is by far the WORST thing that has ever happened to the Lee County Sheriff's Office. One would have thought that, because he was raised here, that his conscience would cause him to run the agency better. But it's OUR FAULT - We gave him power, we built his ego, we fed him the stuff that he could use against Shoap. How's that working out for us? We reaped what we sowed.

In today's News-Press, he wrote an letter re: teachers. He wrote that he has taught in several colleges here in Lee County. Last I knew, he graduated from S. Florida College but only attended that now-defunct, non-accredited pseudo-college called IMPAC University. On our website he lists that he has a Masters degree. That is blatantly false. His so-called Masters degree is worthless and the only school he taught at was Southwest Florida College on Colonial - he was supposed to "teach" a night class there but he seldom showed up, leaving the other instructors to
    cover his classes. He did that while running in 2004.

But, I digress......we created the monster; now let's fix it. In 2004, there was the website "Cassett-gateway.com" - it was one method used by members to provide negative information about Shoap and his cronies. Now, in 2011, we have MySpace, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc...... We can promote a viable candidate by using social networking sites for FREE! We can spread the word on what a pieces of dog poop Mike Scott, Gil Allen, and Homan are without spending a dime. Let's do to them what they did to Shoap back in 2004.

Are you ready? Let's get started!

You will NEVER defeat this administration. Your union will only bring you revenge and sorrow. You can NEVER defeat this Sheriff - he will leave when he decides he will leave. You will be loyal to him OR you will simply fade away. Live with it or get another job. That is just the way it is. Drumming up the past will only hurt you and the agency in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    You will NEVER defeat this administration. Your union will only bring you revenge and sorrow. You can NEVER defeat this Sheriff - he will leave when he decides he will leave. You will be loyal to him OR you will simply fade away. Live with it or get another job. That is just the way it is. Drumming up the past will only hurt you and the agency in the end.
    Defeat lies not in the failing to achieve but in the failing to try. While asking a union to represent us may not solve the many problems plagueing our sheriff's office it does publically point out the lack of confidence that the rank and file has in the sheriff. It will also bring to light his failure to look out for our interests and to treat us fairly. Asking for union representation will give us a starting place for reform and a stronger voice in our own futures, it will also help to deflate the enormous ego of the sheriff and hopefully bring him back to the reality of the job and who he is supposed to be serving. Individually we can't defeat him but collectivly we can, just look at all the seemingly untouchable leaders in the middle east that are running for cover because their followers stood up together and said "enough is enough."

You know what? This sounds amazingly similar to what Khadafi said recently to his people. The words of a dictator nearly mimicked by the words of a supporter of a dictatorship. The quoted post has clearly been made by some uneducated product of this administration. I am sure that this a no-talent, no-brain political mouth breather. Your union will only bring you revenge and sorrow? What the heck is that? Threats and intimidation such as this empower collective bargaining. Wait until he gets schooled once or twice. Live with it or get another job? I don’t want another job. I want to go to work without fear of being fired for saying what is right and true or just my own opinion. I want to go to work and know that promotional processes are fair and impartial. I want to go to work and know that i am being paid the same as my coworkers. I want to go to work and know that I can still move ahead with my career regardless if one person likes me or not. Unions guarantee these rights, they protect workers; they even make administrators better administrators. And, cave dweller, unions make whoever the sheriff is meaningless. With a union contract in place the conditions of employment are spelled out. You don't have to concern yourself with who wins and who loses and still be assured that fair processes are in place that must be honored. Of course this is terrifying to you because you have relied on political favoritism to get you ahead, and probably your job in the first place. Unionize and make mouth breathers like this fade away. By the way, we all know who you are.

You know what? This sounds amazingly similar to what Khadafi said recently to his people. The words of a dictator nearly mimicked by the words of a supporter of a dictatorship. The quoted post has clearly been made by some uneducated product of this administration. I am sure that this a no-talent, no-brain political mouth breather. Your union will only bring you revenge and sorrow? What the heck is that? Threats and intimidation such as this empower collective bargaining. Wait until he gets schooled once or twice. Live with it or get another job? I don’t want another job. I want to go to work without fear of being fired for saying what is right and true or just my own opinion. I want to go to work and know that promotional processes are fair and impartial. I want to go to work and know that i am being paid the same as my coworkers. I want to go to work and know that I can still move ahead with my career regardless if one person likes me or not. Unions guarantee these rights, they protect workers; they even make administrators better administrators. And, cave dweller, unions make whoever the sheriff is meaningless. With a union contract in place the conditions of employment are spelled out. You don't have to concern yourself with who wins and who loses and still be assured that fair processes are in place that must be honored. Of course this is terrifying to you because you have relied on political favoritism to get you ahead, and probably your job in the first place. Unionize and make mouth breathers like this fade away. By the way, we all know who you are.

The next time you see our dear sheriff, don't forget to click your heals together and raise your right arm straight out above your right shoulder with your right hand palm elevated on a angle towards the ground, or just give the british two finger salute with the back of the fingers facing the individual, (british version of the american one finger salute).