Time To Park Those Unmarked Take Home Cars?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Time To Park Those Unmarked Take Home Cars?

With gas prices sure to creep up to $4.00 a gallon soon because of all the Middle East unrest, how long will it be before the Sheriff says "park those unmarked take home cars". Probably not long!

Re: Time To Park Those Unmarked Take Home Cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    With gas prices sure to creep up to $4.00 a gallon soon because of all the Middle East unrest, how long will it be before the Sheriff says "park those unmarked take home cars". Probably not long!
    Wher are you going to park them Guest???? Obviously you are not an employee, otherwise you would know that the only facility that could even remotely handle all of the unmarked cars would be Falkenburg...All the district offices lot's are already full...Just keep your mouth closed and keep paying your taxes (If you actually are paying taxes)....Yeah, yeah, I know you pay my salary, blah, blah, blah..But it might be me coming to save your sorry a$$ someday, and wouldn't that be funny if I was stuck in traffic because you live on the east side of the county and I have to respond from Falkenburg??? :mrgreen:

No you big dummy! not park them at a sheriff's dept. lot. Park them at your home when not working and stop using them to cruise up and down the boulevard at all hours of the day and night. I personally dont like seeing my tax dollars spent on you running errands and taking your kids to the doctors office. buy a car like the rest of us that work for a living. I support law enforcememnt but what kind of crap is this? And dont tell me that you are gonna respond to some emergency if you drive your cars on silly errands. I doubt any of you officers would stop and risk putting your family memebers in harm way while you in your unmarked car. please!

No I don't think so I need to make up that 5 percent King Scott asking for

Quote Originally Posted by Tax Waste of my money
    No you big dummy! not park them at a sheriff's dept. lot. Park them at your home when not working and stop using them to cruise up and down the boulevard at all hours of the day and night. I personally dont like seeing my tax dollars spent on you running errands and taking your kids to the doctors office. buy a car like the rest of us that work for a living. I support law enforcememnt but what kind of crap is this? And dont tell me that you are gonna respond to some emergency if you drive your cars on silly errands. I doubt any of you officers would stop and risk putting your family memebers in harm way while you in your unmarked car. please!
    I too believe this particular benefit has been taken to abusive levels that were not what the County had in mind when allowing 24/7 use of deputies unmarked take homes. Do what you have to do and drive where you have to drive when it is work related, but using the Counties gas for personal errands and toting your family and friends around is no longer acceptable in these harsh economic times. I have actually seen some of these vehicles with child seats in the back of them, both what appeared to be on duty and off duty. I would like to know how a deputy is supposed to respond to a call for service with family and/or kids onboard? What exact service to the County is gained by personal errands in shorts & flip flops, which I also unbelievably observed about 2 months ago. I can assure you that I am very pro law enforcement, but this particular situation needs to be revised.

Will never happen, do you really think they are going to take away the command staff unmarked priviledges, I dont think so and if they tried to give them the waiver Mike Deeson would be all over it. Just look at one of the colonels who drives a suv getting 11 mph to the gallon. Dont give me this crap that he has a lot of equipment to hall Ive seen the back seat and its empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tax Waste of my money

Couldn't make Detective huh? Sour grapes are soooo bitter.

I'd be scared to death to drive my unmarked car for personal business. The first time I jet up to the gas station to get a gallon of milk some moron would rear end me and my interview for the Blue Team report would start with, "See, watta happen was..."

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Will never happen, do you really think they are going to take away the command staff unmarked priviledges, I dont think so and if they tried to give them the waiver Mike Deeson would be all over it. Just look at one of the colonels who drives a suv getting 11 mph to the gallon. Dont give me this crap that he has a lot of equipment to hall Ive seen the back seat and its empty.
    I think you hit the nail square on the head. This is a tremendous benefit to the command staff, otherwise it would have been done away with years ago.

Keep paying my salary jackoff and don't worry about my issued car. If you need us dial 911, otherwise SHUTUP.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast