Get rid of PBA - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get rid of PBA

Re: Get rid of PBA

The PBA is not an animate object. It cant be scared of the administration. The PBA is made of board members, and I don't know any of them that are scared of the administration. They are not, however, miracle workers. They cant force the admin to give pay raises. Work as a team.

Question: How can we get rid of the PBA?

Smile Re: Get rid of PBA

1ST off we need more people to drop PBA and go with FOP.. In 2 yrs the contract is up and with that FOP could go and be the bargaining unit. The more mambers with FOP and less with PBA then it could happen but it needs to start now..FOP offers legal help as well counsel.FOP would offer everything that PBA says they do... FOP also has more members nation wide then PBA. It's time to start over because what we have isn't working...

Quote Originally Posted by !!!!!!DOWN WITH PBA!!!!!
    1ST off we need more people to drop PBA and go with FOP.. In 2 yrs the contract is up and with that FOP could go and be the bargaining unit. The more mambers with FOP and less with PBA then it could happen but it needs to start now..FOP offers legal help as well counsel.FOP would offer everything that PBA says they do... FOP also has more members nation wide then PBA. It's time to start over because what we have isn't working...

Unions work when MANAGEMENT want them to work. Instead of changing unions, why not change the management?

I hate to confuse your argument with facts... but assignment pay isnt gone. Was in my check on Friday. And if you look at other agencies in the area... Mobile, Panama City, Tallahassee, even agencies further south, (Tampa, Orlando) they all give extra pay to those in special assignments. it is not only an incentive to attract quality officers to those positions, it is compensation for extra time, effort, and risk taken on by performing those jobs.

Multiple post deleted due to terms of use violations. Specifically the use of names, and then slaming those persons named. Please feel free to argue the merits of the PBA without naming and slaming individuals. Your arguements can be made without violating the terms of use.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I hate to confuse your argument with facts... but assignment pay isnt gone. Was in my check on Friday. And if you look at other agencies in the area... Mobile, Panama City, Tallahassee, even agencies further south, (Tampa, Orlando) they all give extra pay to those in special assignments. it is not only an incentive to attract quality officers to those positions, it is compensation for extra time, effort, and risk taken on by performing those jobs.
    Attract qualified officers? Extra time, effort and risk? I think I almost threw up!!!! Come off your high horse for a minute and re-read what you posted. You almost make it seem like we should kneel when you walk by us meager patrol guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar M. ******
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Attract qualified officers? Extra time, effort and risk? I think I almost threw up!!!! Come off your high horse for a minute and re-read what you posted. You almost make it seem like we should kneel when you walk by us meager patrol guys!
    Every thing you post on this site has to do with you sucking on the sheriff's loin. You must have been a seamen in the navy. I know who you were. I smelled it on your breath yesterday as you walked by.

FOP will not bring people in from the outside to negotiate your contract. FOP has not done anything for us over here. Our reps are deputies from our agency. Just some food for thought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12