Officer Crawford's funeral service

Officer Crawford's funeral service

Kudos to all involved in making Officer Dave Crawford's funeral services a first class ceremony. Much work and preparation went into it and it was a very smooth operation which put the focus where it needed to be. Despite the horror of why the services were held, the funeral was a beautiful tribute to one of our own. It seemed like everything was arranged perfectly: transportation to the church via bus, traffic, overflow seating, viewing, music, reflections, video, written pamphlet, etc.

Special thanks to the Gross family for their generosity and seamless production working so many unique aspects involved in a police officer's death. They are a wonderful partner.

Reflections by Officer Stu Crisco, Army Sgt David Dehoyos, and Sgt Karl Lounge were genuine, heartfelt expressions. These men showed the community the bonds of brotherhood within our police department. The minister, Dr Walter Draughton III, is a first rate speaker with an oratory gift for healing. Unfortunately, Assistant Chief Luke Williams made clear he is not...

My prayer is that this service for the fallen will not be repeated.

Re: Officer Crawford's funeral service

It was a good service and I hope it helps to heal us.

I thought the same thing about A/C Williams getting up to talk. If you've only worked 1 day with a guy 15 years ago, don't get up on stage and try to make it seem like he was your buddy. I mean, if you can't even get his name right...that was weird.

Seemed like Luke was more interested in showcasing for the governor and mayor talking about how he's an ass't chief in charge of 75% of the department. We all know how ambitious the SOB is. I think Crawford was getting his first chuckle in heaven!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

I'm wondering how Dave Hawkins feels now ... after Luke's FUBAR
    hearing his name being transposed ... Just tells you where his mind was at ....

That's my boy Luke!

Quote Originally Posted by Picasso
    I'm wondering how Dave Hawkins feels now ... after Luke's FUBAR
    hearing his name being transposed ... Just tells you where his mind was at ....
    Really, what was that all about? Nothing like paying attention to detail.