layoffs? merger? pink slips? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: layoffs? merger? pink slips?

The only reason you're not a fan of the Cab Company is because they won't let you play in their team... They only want competent people and obviously you don't have the qualifications.

If you got a problem with this post you can call 561-689-2222

No that was not the cab driver. It's not his style. Nice try in attempting to stir the pot. No takers here.

I heard today on the news that some of the teacher were offered a raise, but the CTA refused on the grounds that all teachers should get a raise. Also heard that the teacher will get raises over the next two years totaling over 32 millions dollars. Please tell me that the news report I heard got something wrong. To our PBA reps...were the teachers offered any type of raise while police officers and other district employees are getting laid off????? Are the 14 officers we will be losing going to be so teachers can get a raise? Can the PBA look into this? Whats about next budget year? Do we lose another 14, 20 or 30 cops so teachers can get another raise. I am sure the another 1200 district employees would gladly give up thier jobs so our hard working under paid teacher can get a raise. I am sure the 1200 employees will be the ones at the DAC making more than teachers......NO it will be employees that will never make what a starting teacher makes. After all "the teachers are the dog that wags the tail" now where have a heard that before. Well hell just cut off the damn tail and we can give the teachers bonus to go with their raise. For you employees in the district that say "not the teachers in my school" those are the teachers whose union said "we do not care how many people get laid off as long as teachers get a raise." I hope the news report was wrong about the raise, becuase I would hate to loss my job, income and my house so a teacher can get an extra few dollars in their paycheck.

Sounds like they have a good Union, many of our officers have wives or family members that are teachers, good for them, don't be a hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Raises for Teachers....WTF
    I heard today on the news that some of the teacher were offered a raise, but the CTA refused on the grounds that all teachers should get a raise. Also heard that the teacher will get raises over the next two years totaling over 32 millions dollars. Please tell me that the news report I heard got something wrong. To our PBA reps...were the teachers offered any type of raise while police officers and other district employees are getting laid off????? Are the 14 officers we will be losing going to be so teachers can get a raise? Can the PBA look into this? Whats about next budget year? Do we lose another 14, 20 or 30 cops so teachers can get another raise. I am sure the another 1200 district employees would gladly give up thier jobs so our hard working under paid teacher can get a raise. I am sure the 1200 employees will be the ones at the DAC making more than teachers......NO it will be employees that will never make what a starting teacher makes. After all "the teachers are the dog that wags the tail" now where have a heard that before. Well hell just cut off the darn tail and we can give the teachers bonus to go with their raise. For you employees in the district that say "not the teachers in my school" those are the teachers whose union said "we do not care how many people get laid off as long as teachers get a raise." I hope the news report was wrong about the raise, becuase I would hate to loss my job, income and my house so a teacher can get an extra few dollars in their paycheck.

[quote="Truth Hurts"]Sounds like they have a good Union, many of our officers have wives or family members that are teachers, good for them, don't be a hater.

It is not that their union is any better than other, but it has more members and there for a bigger voice. I am not being a hater. Why should anyone get a raise when people are being laid off? It is not being a hater to ask that question.
    "Many of our officers have wives of family members that are teachers." So are any of the officers who have wife and family members that are teacher willing to give up their jobs so their wife can get a raise….I would think not. Go up to one of those 14 fellow officers and tell them thanks, because my wife and family member is going to get a raise….sorry about your bad luck.
    I do not understand how there can be money for some as others are laid off. Ok so you "wife" of "family member" gets a 5% raise, but the cost of that is another officer going home and telling his wife and kids that there will be no paycheck next week and that they are now financially ruined. Not all of us have pensions to fall back on or a spouse making good money or that will get a raise. For some of us all our family has is this job and the income it provides. Not hating on the people with pensions, because they earned them. Some of us are not old enough to have earned a pension. I was just making that statement to show that a lot of district employee and our officer only have the pay check from the District. A lot of married couples work for the district.
    What if both of you get laid off so a teacher can get a raise…how and the hell to go home and tell your children that.
    I do not understand how there can be money for raises, but no enough to keep some or all of the employees getting laid off. I make more money than some and less than others, but I will be damned if I would want or ask for a raise on the back of other families being financially destroyed…especially if that family is another cops.
    Just ask yourself who will the 14 officers next year? Things are not going to get financially better anytime soon. TRUTH HURTS I hope it is not you. The only TRUTH is that some families will get a small boost in pay at the cost of other families being left in ruins including 14 of ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a fan of the Cab Company
    I am not a fan of the Yellow Cab Company! Not in any way. However, I am man enough to say "Good Job", because that what it was....good police work.
    If you like the cab driver or not, you do have to admit he stands up for what is right. He definitely has a knack to put things together around here when they are broke.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123