****** Leaving............. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: ****** Leaving.............

Quote Originally Posted by confused observer
    I have to admit I'm really confused. Is this the same police department leadership that just recently honored numerous officers and civilians with the departments first awards ceremony. I work for a surrounding police department and on at least two occassions I have heard your chief and major rave about what good guys they have working in Juno and the great police work that is done there. All of this doesn't add up, I wonder if someone in the department might have an agenda.
    Of course they rave about the officers. All the officers, with the exception of a sergeant and detective are all good officers and should be raved about. Also, take a look at a key sentence of yours. "first awards ceremony". That's so the chief can add another first to his resume that he brought to Juno. Nothing this guy has done was to benefit the officers or citizens. Everything was to benefit him moving to another agency and he let us know that. What they don"t mention are the unjustifiable write ups and terminations. The chief has been in Juno for 2 years and has fired 3 good officers, tried to fire another who fought back and won and forced another seasoned veteran to resign. That's more terminations in 2 years than in the 15 to 20 before he started and I can say not one of those officers deserved to be fired. And to answer your question about having an agenda, yes someone does, every officer in Juno Beach has an agenda, to no longer put up with the threats and intimidation, get rid of those who are only out for themselves and their buddies and get the right person as chief to give the officers and citizens of Juno Beach what they deserve.

I was on my way to make another hefty installment on my property tax the other day and could not help wondering as I rode by the town center and our police department where my hard earned dollars are going. I walk past the police department every day and I am truly amazed at the deplorable condition of the police cars. I could not help wondering if someday I will walk by and see a few of them up on cinder blocks with grass growing up around them. A few of my fellow residents pointed out this site and encouraged me to voice some very real concerns that we have. I have had an opportunity to see some of the brass that run our town at the Oktoberfest last year and I made a special effort to visit with the chief and the Major. I must say I found the chief to be a well spoken* polished man, However, I can not say the same for the Major. He had very little to contribute to the conversation in between giant bites of his second bratwurst sandwich. When he finally put down the sandwich and strung together a few meaningless words I struggled to find the relevance.I heard a rumor lately that the Chief of police that the town only recently hired is leaving along with a myriad of unfinished projects and money spent, I began a private prayer ceremony to the political Gods that they do not pass the torch to the guy I met last October. If our police department is in this kind of shape with the current chief then I feel very sorry for our young men and women in blue that make it possible for my family to walk alone at night with our dogs and not be afraid of the usual criminal element if this guy takes over.I guess I am going to have to gather my fellow voters and make a few suggestions to our council members. After 22 years in Juno I never imagined I would be ashamed of the very heart of our government that would allow this to happen. It seems to me that our town and police department has taken several steps back rather than moving* forward. I happen to know that there are very good,Qualified people in the police department that would straighten this place out and you wouldn't have to look too far down the line just take a left after the mustard stain on the Majors shirt and you will find your answer. Hopefully we see some real changes real soon so I can feel good about mailing my next payment if not, God help us all.

I've learned that it definitely makes it hard to respect a person that doesn't even take pride in their own appearance. Wouldn't kill people to actually put down the food every once in a while and exercise. Look sharp and set a positive example for the officers at your department. Being out of shape and displaying stained clothing sets a bad example and is inexcusable as a leader at any job. This type of behavior would never be accepted at my current employment and should not be acceptable there either.

Juno's top cop offered chief's position in Coral Gables
    Bill DiPaolo
    Posted: 03/01/2011 1:44 PM
    Police Chief Dennis ******, who led the department during the installation of the white speed van and red-light cameras, has been offered the position as the police chief in Coral Gables.

******'s first day is expected to be March 7, according to a memo from Coral Gables City Manager Patrick Salerno.

****** has not submitted a letter of resignation to Juno Beach, said Town Manager Joe Lo Bello.

"It sounds like he's still bargaining on his contract," said Juno Beach Town Councilman John Callaghan.

Calls for comment to ****** were not returned.

Councilman Jim Lyons said ****** told him Monday he had not made up his mind.

"(******) told me he would decide on Wednesday," Lyons said. "It would be a big career step up for him."

Coral Gables has a population of about 42,000 and about 200 people in its police department. Juno Beach has a permanent population of about 3,400 and 22 members in its police department.

******, who is paid $105,000 annually, has been the town's chief since July 2008. ******, an attorney, had been police chief for 13 years in Centre Island, a community in Long Island, N.Y. Critics of the speed van and red-light cameras say they are illegal cash cows. Supporters say they make streets safer.

Juno Beach turned on red-light cameras at two intersections in December. The fine is $158.

The unmanned white speed van issued about $1 million in fines to speeders. The van operated a year until it was withdrawn in May 2010.

Fines from both the cameras and the speed van are being challenged in court.

Lyons criticized ******, 50, for not withdrawing the speed van following the recommendation of the town attorney that the van could be illegal. Lyons praised ****** for agreeing to have the town's police dispatch work out of the Palm Beach Gardens emergency operations center beginning later this year.

"Overall, he's had a big impact on this town," Lyons said.

bill_dipaolo@pbpost.com

I just heard the news, may god help us all. This town and Department are going to be in for a rude awakening. Need I say more?

Well, I guess certain FOP members aren't heeding their organization's boycotting of this site.

Mustard is nothing without its wiener!!! :devil:

A friend at Coral Gables Police told me the Chief didn't show up to work. Word is he is coming back to Juno.

No he's still on his way down there. He tried to play some games with Juno before he left so he had to extend his 2 weeks notice, since he never gave a proper one to start with. He still has a couple more bridges to burn before he leaves. His last day in Juno is the 14th. :devil:

You can have him back any time you want, he's a ****** hole!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast