****** Leaving.............
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

****** Leaving.............

Any thoughts???? Who should replace him?

Re: ****** Leaving.............

This is definitely a step in the right direction for this agency (as long as the second in command doesn't replace him). Enough of the intimidation antics and the implied threats of terminations or discipline. If these two administrators leave we'll finally be able to come to work and focus on the important things like providing the best service we can to the residents of this community. At the end of the day that's what it's all about and it's what they deserve! We already struggle on a day to day basis to keep up with the surrounding, larger, more progressive agencies; we don't need the overwhelming politics and fear of discipline that is dealt with on a regular basis. :?

Lightbulb Re: ****** Leaving.............

Hopefully the right person will be brought in. One who has a vision for the future of the agency and most importantly WANTS to be there. Hopefully, Chief ****** will find what he is looking for at Coral Gables since he was never happy in Juno Beach. If not, its their problem now.

There are several challenges ahead - hiring and retaining qualified- quality individuals, fiscal responsibility and common sense policies & procedures to name a few. With the future budget and FRS issues this will be more difficult than ever before. The PD must rebuild the relationship with the residents and businesses that has significantly eroded in the past couple of years. Their support will be needed in the future more than ever before.

Wherever you work - Whenever you work - Be Safe

Quote Originally Posted by guest 2
    This is definitely a step in the right direction for this agency (as long as the second in command doesn't replace him). Enough of the intimidation antics and the implied threats of terminations or discipline. If these two administrators leave we'll finally be able to come to work and focus on the important things like providing the best service we can to the residents of this community. At the end of the day that's what it's all about and it's what they deserve! We already struggle on a day to day basis to keep up with the surrounding, larger, more progressive agencies; we don't need the overwhelming politics and fear of discipline that is dealt with on a regular basis. :?
    Well said, promoting the major is definitely the wrong thing to do. The town needs to tell the major to go with him. That guy would make a horrible chief and is a disgrace to the uniform. I wouldn't want that guy representing the town I live in. Hopefully the right choice is made and Juno Beach becomes the town it should be. Hopefully the police officers get the chief they deserve, so they can get back to policing instead of working on the chiefs projects all day that the department doesn't need.

I agree, both of these guys need to go. Their style of leadership is completely wrong for Juno. Might be a good fit for another agency but definitely not for here. Put in a chief that actually cares and takes pride in his agency and actually cares about gaining the respect of his officers. Juno deserves a professional looking and acting chief. Get rid of these two knuckleheads and let the rebuilding begin! :snicker:

Post Re: ****** Leaving.............

The chief and major have found out that their officers are speaking with town citizens and council members so the headhunting has begun!! Way to go admin, way to create some more unneeded turmoil within the towns police department! Ever think of getting your officers support through respect instead of intimidation?? What a concept! Now the officers get to come to work and wait in suspense while the admin crafts up a way to jam them up. Hell of a way to run a department, go ahead and pat yourself on the back admin!! You should be real proud!!! The citizens of this town who are in the know, do not approve of this style of leadership. We want our officers to concentrate on their work and safety during their shifts and not have to worry about retaliation by the very ones that should be backing them up more than anyone. Try for once to respect your officers, all of them. Enough with playing favorites. There's a lot of good officers in this town, many of which have surprisingly stayed here and not gone to other agencies. Try to reach out and give these officers the respect they deserve, you might actually be surprised with the response you get back. If we could only go back to the Mitchell Tyre days. A lot of happy officers during those times..

Quote Originally Posted by Let The Headhunting Begin!!!
    The chief and major have found out that their officers are speaking with town citizens and council members so the headhunting has begun!! Way to go admin, way to create some more unneeded turmoil within the towns police department! Ever think of getting your officers support through respect instead of intimidation?? What a concept! Now the officers get to come to work and wait in suspense while the admin crafts up a way to jam them up. Hell of a way to run a department, go ahead and pat yourself on the back admin!! You should be real proud!!! The citizens of this town who are in the know, do not approve of this style of leadership. We want our officers to concentrate on their work and safety during their shifts and not have to worry about retaliation by the very ones that should be backing them up more than anyone. Try for once to respect your officers, all of them. Enough with playing favorites. There's a lot of good officers in this town, many of which have surprisingly stayed here and not gone to other agencies. Try to reach out and give these officers the respect they deserve, you might actually be surprised with the response you get back. If we could only go back to the Mitchell Tyre days. A lot of happy officers during those times..
    Yes, there is headhunting now. Here comes another waste of the towns money as the attorney fee's add up. The true problem seems to be the town manager who is obviously too spineless to deal with these out of control administrators. Can't you see that your police department is crumbling right before your eyes? You might not care but obviously the residents and officers do. Did you ever think that you might actually have to step up as a town "manager" and do something about this?? We'd be better off with Tony from public works as our chief. I'm pretty sure he doesn't sit in his office all day thinking about ways of how he can discipline his workers!

I have to admit I'm really confused. Is this the same police department leadership that just recently honored numerous officers and civilians with the departments first awards ceremony. I work for a surrounding police department and on at least two occassions I have heard your chief and major rave about what good guys they have working in Juno and the great police work that is done there. All of this doesn't add up, I wonder if someone in the department might have an agenda.

What confuses me is how someone (who shall remain nameless) can continuously get away with violating their subordinates' Civil Rights. First, this person "accidently" places a microphone in a camera that captures personal conversations inside of the Department's squad room. Then, this person wrote up 2 separate union representatives for writing articles in the union magazine. Now, this person is taking people in their office and trying to intimidate them into divulging what was said during these peoples personal conversations with other people.

Better yet, why does this person's boss and employer allow this person to get away with it? I guess we'll never know......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast