Letter to Chairman Jeremy King

Letter to Chairman Jeremy King

Below is a copy of an email I sent to Chairman King in reference to his proposed cuts and slashings to our FRS Pension. I encourage everyone to take the time and make contact with him somehow. his email is ring.jeremy.web@flsenate.gov

Good afternoon, my name Gregory Gilkey and I am a Detective with the Florida State Fire Marshal's Office. I have just read the proposed changes to the FRS Pension plan. I am sure you are aware it has been five years since we as state employees have received any raises to include cost of living. Now you are proposing that we now should contribute in to the pension plan. This is nothing short of a pay cut to employees that have given thier careers to the State of Florida. I have been in the FRS since October 1988 and have had the FRS and it's pension plan as a condition of hiring since then. To change this plan now for existing employees would be considered nothing less than a fraud and if private companies would attempt this they would be investigated. I stronghly urge you to reconsider the proposal of attcking the FRS Pension plan. You will be only hurting those people who have taken an oath to give thier life for this state as Law Enforcement Officers.

Gregory Gilkey
    gilkeyg@hotmail.com

Re: Letter to Chairman Jeremy ring

I made a mistake in the chairmans name it is Ring not King.