Most dangerous jobs

Most dangerous jobs

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...Tabs%3Darticle

Someone always seems to use the dangerous job excuse to justify the pay and pension benefits of the public employees. These stats bust that myth. Check out the reader's comments on the article.

Re: Most dangerous jobs

Yes this comes up all the time. Construction workers - some high - fall down and cut themselves, bus drivers get severe hemroids, others have aches and pains from working. Only law enforcement have the possibilty of violence done to them on purpose each and every day they work. I'm happily retired, proud to have served, enjoying my pension, but also paying the price for the many injuries incurred during arrests, assaults, car wreck (rear ended by citizenes not paying attention), cut but thankfully never shot(they misses several times). Police pensions are very necessary for those who protect us, and I say us now because I appreciate what you do for me now that I'm out of it. Lots to say about the high value of fire fighters and teachers too! God Bless you all.

Governor get off the pension kick and make some cuts high up in many of these state agencies, lets look at all the entitlement programs.