Credentials - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Credentials

Re: Credentials

Quote Originally Posted by Advantage?
    Agents and officers are increasingly asked to complete asignments with crappy equipment that is archaic and ineffective. Our radios don't work around the block, yet the Marshals can talk over 70 miles away on their handhelds. Are you sure the USSS is the agency you want to go with?
    Equipment? As far back as the 1970s Customs had a series of linked repeaters across the Gulf coast from Miami to San Diego that would allow an agent with a handheld to talk from coast to coast.

Of course these days you can just use your cell phone.

:mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Advantage?
    Agents and officers are increasingly asked to complete asignments with crappy equipment that is archaic and ineffective. Our radios don't work around the block, yet the Marshals can talk over 70 miles away on their handhelds. Are you sure the USSS is the agency you want to go with?
    Equipment? As far back as the 1970s Customs had a series of linked repeaters across the Gulf coast from Miami to San Diego that would allow an agent with a handheld to talk from coast to coast.

Of course these days you can just use your cell phone.

:mrgreen:

ICE acan still use radios to communicate nation wide. Indeed, all ICE communications (regardless of the point of transmission) are monitored from Orlando, FL.

Wow I would've thought the USSS would have top of the line equipment. I figured the agency tasked with protecting our president, vice president, and other nation's leaders would have the best budget and be immune from cuts that other agencies must incur. Part of me wants to be selective, yet part of me remains humble thinking why should I be picky, I may not even get hired anywhere! Nonetheless, thanks for all the input. For the time being, I'll continue pushing my patrol car and letting the pieces fall.

Quote Originally Posted by FedHopeful
    Wow I would've thought the USSS would have top of the line equipment. I figured the agency tasked with protecting our president, vice president, and other nation's leaders would have the best budget and be immune from cuts that other agencies must incur. Part of me wants to be selective, yet part of me remains humble thinking why should I be picky, I may not even get hired anywhere! Nonetheless, thanks for all the input. For the time being, I'll continue pushing my patrol car and letting the pieces fall.
    When you get ready to go federal apply with several federal agencies and take what ever offer you get.

Federal pay and benefits continues to be generally better than local pay.

Good luck.

Fedhopeful dont listen to these guys. Most have a bone to pick and many would never have lasted on any other job. The only post that was spot-on was about multi apps, take the 1st one that is offered to you and yes the retirement and benes are great or I should say were great for those hired before '84 or '85. Many of those who are negative ss are enjoying pensions (pre '84/85 pensions) that are much much much better than the pension we're currently working for.

You should consider other souces to help you with you decision.

Needed to correct some spelling in the previous post.....

You should consider other sources to help you with your decision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12