New Officers to make more money

New Officers to make more money

Thanks to Governor Scotts new pension plan, starting hires will make $2000 more a year. Why?

Employees currently in the system will have 5% of their salaries removed from their paychecks and put in the FRS to plug the gap of money that Rick Scott is taking out to distribute to his rich buddies. It is MANDATORY and is going to happen.

New hires are being "offered" a 401K plan. It is not mandatory. In fact, if the employee chooses not to participate, then it saves the state money because they do not have to pony up a matching amount.

A current Officer with as much as 10 years on will have their salary decreased to $31,000. A new hire starts out at $33,000 if they opt out of the 401K.

Re: New Officers to make more money

Ok can anyone tell me if we are done or going to FDLE or are they going cut the new hires ?

I will give you my prediction. We are not going to DLE. If you are Alpha 135 or higher I would start putting out feelers and picking up some applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I will give you my prediction. We are not going to DLE. If you are Alpha 135 or higher I would start putting out feelers and picking up some applications.
    DROP people are retired. They need to be cut and go on home. Its only fair.

There aren't enough ABT people in DROP to cover the cut. I tend to agree with you though. They are retired and not promised a five year run. You roll the dice. You take a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    There aren't enough ABT people in DROP to cover the cut. I tend to agree with you though. They are retired and not promised a five year run. You roll the dice. You take a chance.
    Layoffs are covered by contract anyway. Basically - last hired = first fired. You don't have to like it but you do have to accept it. If they do away with DROP, then you have a different game.

Who started this thread? Obviously not someone from AB&T, not sure where they got the numbers but my pay wouldn't look like that. It ISN'T a done deal that we are going to put 5% towards our own retirement, hasn't passed yet. There are plenty of Sheriffs that are not in favor of it, along with teacher unions. No reason to worry yet...there will be plenty of notice before anything happens.

I would agree about people in DROP, they need to go. Also if we do go to FDLE, say goodbye to Captains and up. No need for supervisors that don't know how to be FLDE supervisors. Not that it would be a bad thing, some of them aren't worth a damn to begin with.