Governor Rick and FRS
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Governor Rick and FRS

I watched Governor Rick's speech and looked at his proposal at letsgettowork.state.fl.us. The only thing I heard Gov Rick mention about our pension was the 5% contribution to FRS via all government workers. He didn't mention the DROP or anything else related to our pension. I guess those issues will have to get brought up again by House Reps. If it's the 5% and nothing else that he want's, I guess I can live with that for 1 more year. :?

Re: Governor Rick and FRS

A honest politician for a change! What a breath of fresh air! One who is actually doing what he promised to the people who elected him. If you liberals have a problem with this then take it up the next election. Obviously this man has the support of the majority of voters from Florida! Go Rick Scott! Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    A honest politician for a change! What a breath of fresh air! One who is actually doing what he promised to the people who elected him. If you liberals have a problem with this then take it up the next election. Obviously this man has the support of the majority of voters from Florida! Go Rick Scott! Keep up the good work!

Obviously you're a jack azz and if your Governor is so honest then why did he feel the need to cut every single department budget and increase his own department's budget by 27%. Why is he lying about putting people back to work and in the same breath cut 8700 jobs. Why does he need 343+ million dollars added to his own budget. If he wants everyone to cut back he needs to lead by example. He went from business man to politician overnight? Your Governor has not done anything new just the same old political double talk. He sure learned fast.

I see you are putting this post all over Leoaffairs.com. Stop trying to stir the pot. This is not a Liberal/Conservative issue. You are obviously not a cop and do not have much to contribute, so adios.

Obviously you're a jack azz and if your Governor is so honest then why did he feel the need to cut every single department budget and increase his own department's budget by 27%. Why is he lying about putting people back to work and in the same breath cut 8700 jobs. Why does he need 343+ million dollars added to his own budget. If he wants everyone to cut back he needs to lead by example. He went from business man to politician overnight? Your Governor has not done anything new just the same old political double talk. He sure learned fast.
    Good post

The problem with the 5 percent contribution is its not being used to strengthen the retirement system as originally stated. Scott is making frs employees pay for his budget cuts.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/2011 ... /110209465

"The new Republican governor, though, said per student spending could go up to $6,600 — still a $300, or 4.3 percent, cut — by requiring teachers and other school employees to contribute 5 percent of their salaries to their retirement plan, saving school districts more than $519 million, and a one-time infusion of federal cash."

Scott's stated goal is to save the State money. But the Sheriff contributes to FRS on my behalf. How does the Govenor's plan save the State money?

Quote Originally Posted by dazedandconfused
    Scott's stated goal is to save the State money. But the Sheriff contributes to FRS on my behalf. How does the Govenor's plan save the State money?
    In America, all we do is talk. We could all learn a lesson from the citizens of Cairo, Egypt. They took back their government from a ruthless, corrupt dictator! I don't think we could ever get that organized and go to Tallahassee to demand Rick Scott's resignation!! I know all of you guys are too scared to do that, what about banding together to give him a VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE!! Because he really has no clue on how to run a state not to mention balance a budget. The Governor thinks balancing the budget off of our backs is OK!! Well it's not. What Rick Scott is trying to do affects so many people. Black, White, Hispanic, male and female and all of our spouses and children. If affects Police Officers, Corrections officers School teachers and anyone who is in the FRS. Rick Scott is trying to make himself a dictator of Florida by taking money out of our pockets. He's trying to cut corporate tax and make the big business owners richer while making the hard working people poorer by taking money from us and stopping us from going into the DROP. He wants to keep us working until we die so we can never afford to retire. And when we do finally retire, it won't be enough to live off of without public assistance which he plans to cut also. So basically, his vision is to make us very poor while he remains one of the richest men in Florida. "what person spends 70 million dollars to get a job paying $130,000 a year. We don't know what the reason is yet, but, it has something to do with making him richer. Whenever his scheme does get exposed, he'll probably be cell mates with Bernie Madolph!! Rick Scott got away with robbing The Federal Government with his Medicare scheme. What's makes him think he couldn't do the same with the STATE of FLORIDA. It's just a matter of time. The man's a ruthless, narcissistic, lying THIEF.

If Scott's proposals are appoved by the legislature, sheriff's departments stand to save 12.5% of salary per each high risk class employee. Don't think the local politicians are not aware of this and welcome it despite their timid protests against such proposals. The local politicians will blame the cuts on Scott when employees complain but in reality these cuts mean less budget headaches for them. They are all in bed together so don't buy into their theatrics for LEO consumption.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast