New Chief - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Chief

Re: New Chief

It is just amazing that when confronted with facts our questions that can not be answered, the BS artist clam up.

If I am such a liar, here is your chance to prove me wrong.
    Under the Lewis admin of the PD, it has seen the biggest turn over rate in the departments history.
    That includes communications, records, road patrol, etc.
    The numbers take into account department division capita.
    Of those gone from the department, 90% are employee initiated.

During this nations worst economic times, why would anyone leave a complete job secured postion for aything else?

Last, here are a few warnings, I have the numbers to back my claim up all the way back to the Butlar mayoral admin.

Next, my younger brother works at PGT, and there is no position other then transportation that is hiring, new or former emplyees above $9 and hour. A starting officer at the PD makes much, much more then that.

Now if you wish to state that the officer leaving for PGT is going into transportion, I will call you a liar righ off the bat.
    There are no open positions in transportion at this time, with the except for loaders and they are at $8.50 and hr. with a one dollar shift differential pay for nights.

I have to agree with the one who spoke of Yurchuck as the last one who could care less about the political crap spoke anywhere. He was the last of the dying breed here at the PD. Sumpter and his "Customer" crap. Capt./acting Chief Colligan, you are missed, and a good time to pull out by the way! Goodpasture, please, put out to pasture much later than he should have been. There are several others that need to join you by the way! Lierman, don't look at the screen that way . Those of you that have hung in there this long, keep a positive outlook, Vespia will only be here long enough to put the position on his resume and move on. If you are on the hang out, drink and play poker crew you are good for a while until they grow tired of you...and they will, because you can't get them somewhere and you know that, but just keep trying to hang in there as long as you can. Hopefully change will come soon for those of us that are true to the way of real law enforcement officers, just keep doing your job to the best of your ability and all should be fine. Citizens of North Port, there are some awesome officers out there trying to do their best to take care of you as best as possible. If you get a ticket and you were doing something wrong to deserve it, they are truly just doing their job and get over it as best you can. They are the ones that will be there when you truly need them. We will drop the ticket book and respond to true need when you really need it, I promise.

Lets see what happens with the new chief when he doesn't have someone to latch onto and tell him what to do. He's never been in the position to do that throughout his limited career. :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by Just waiting
    He's never been in the position to do that throughout his limited career. :roll:
    For us at the VPD (who may inherit his predecessor) and othe departments, what exactly is his career histroy as a law enforcement officer?
    I have heard that the vast majority of his career consist of reservist status. Most of that is outside the state of FL as I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Just waiting
    He's never been in the position to do that throughout his limited career. :roll:
    For us at the VPD (who may inherit his predecessor) and othe departments, what exactly is his career histroy as a law enforcement officer?
    I have heard that the vast majority of his career consist of reservist status. Most of that is outside the state of FL as I understand.
    Just curious, what does our new chief's background have to do with you possibly getting Lewis as a Chief?

[quote=new chief]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by "Just waiting":2w8wq3k7
    Just curious, what does our new chief's background have to do with you possibly getting Lewis as a Chief?[/quote:2w8wq3k7]

I believe the topic of this board is "New Chief" if I am not mistaken.
    I believe my post directed at "Just Waiting" was well within the range and cofines of that topic wouldn't you say?

WIth Lewis having the possibility of becoming our next chief, his actions as chief of the NPPD reflects on his decision making abilities.
    The appointment of Vespia as his successor, speaks volumes about that ability wouldn't you say?
    With that said, maybe you might respond to my earlier post?
    You are also more then welcome to comment on our board about Lewis becoming our next chief.
    http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtop...?f=97&t=108798

Answer this KV chief pro-people! Why was Capt. Robert Estrada not named as interim chief when Lewis became city manager? Estrada has twice as many years and education as KV. So what is the logic behind that.
    Till about year ago whenever Lewis was out of town for whatever reason, Estrada was acting chief, and not just by rank.
    Then all of a sudden KV comes out of no where and takes command.

Did the falling out between Lewis and Estrada happen during the Carlie Brucia Case. When Estrada was in charge and questioned by the press about the where abouts of Lewis, he stated he was out of town and not sure on his ETA.

The chickens may becoming home to roost.

I don't think there is anyone at NPPD that would have had a problem with Captain Estrada being recommended as the next chief. He is logical, experienced and well respected. Unfortunately he isn't the type to crawl up someone's ass to create a mirror image of whoever wears the collar star and we all know who was.

Quote Originally Posted by short trip back
    I don't think there is anyone at NPPD that would have had a problem with Captain Estrada being recommended as the next chief. He is logical, experienced and well respected. Unfortunately he isn't the type to crawl up someone's ass to create a mirror image of whoever wears the collar star and we all know who was.
    The key word here is that Estrada is logical. Don't forget who was in charge that made the decision to name the new chief. That man was governed by whatever e-mail or complaint he received. He was never logical the whole time he worked here, just a user and only one captain fit the bill for what he was looking for.

It would be interesting to see the cell calls between the new chief and the interim city manager of North Port for the last couple of months.

It would also be very interesting to see the cell phone records between the interim city manager and the city of Venice as well.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast