Mr. Scott Shove your Immigration Policy
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Mr. Scott Shove your Immigration Policy

I see our great governor wants to have law enforcement take into custody illegal immigrants which we come into contact with as part of his new immigration law. Funny how he depends on us to do his dirty work but then turns around and screws with our retirement benefits. Well Mr. Scott, shove it, you want us to risk our lives even more since some of the illegals will be deseperate to not be deported and will most likely fight it out. How ironic, one of your most popular campaign promises counts on leo's to do the dirty work.

Re: Mr. Scott Shove your Immigration Policy

Maybe you should refresh your memory about that oath you took to enforce the laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I see our great governor wants to have law enforcement take into custody illegal immigrants which we come into contact with as part of his new immigration law. Funny how he depends on us to do his dirty work but then turns around and screws with our retirement benefits. Well Mr. Scott, shove it, you want us to risk our lives even more since some of the illegals will be deseperate to not be deported and will most likely fight it out. How ironic, one of your most popular campaign promises counts on leo's to do the dirty work.

Sounds like you need to find a new line of work.

I agree with the original poster. The governor wants to take 5% away from us, so I say we do 5% less work. The days of "more with less" are over, and it's time to start doing "less with more". Turn about is fair play.

The poster didn't say he was going to work less, they implied they would refuse to enforce the potential law of the State of Florida and/or federal law.

I agree with the original poster. The governor wants to take 5% away from us, so I say we do 5% less work. The days of "more with less" are over, and it's time to start doing "less with more". Turn about is fair play.
    Whatta hero.

Just wait till the cuts he proposes takes effect, if they indeed do. While I have too much pride and ethics to engage in the following behavior, I can imagine quite a few will have "Blu Flu Syndrome", "Blackboard Bronchitis", "Correctional Colitis", and "Heat Stroke". I think you catch my drift that it will affect more than one profession. A simple fact of human motivation is you can only kick people in the nuts or arse just so much and it takes its toll. Promises made should be promises kept. If you want to change the system for new hires or those not vested, so be it. They have options to stay or start over or not to work in the FRS. For those vested they entered with a promise, in essence a public contract. You cannot break a contract without justified reason and it can't be because you want to balance a budget off the backs of public employees while doling out tax cuts. In a class action suit Rick Scott will eventually lose if he is allowed all of his punitive plan. There is no justification for the solvency of FRS to do what he has proposed and he damn well knows it. He is practicing cuthroat CEO business practices, which is all he knows. Granted it has served HIM well over his lifetime, so why should the leopard now change his spots. I think the legislature in no way will buy the bull he has proposed. It is political death. After all he spent 80 mill to win by just 75,000 votes. Do you really think Mr. or Mrs. Podunk legislator is going to vote for what will kill their future political ambitions, especially from smaller jurisdictions. Public employees are some of your most ardent voters, or they can be when you piss them off. I am willing to bet he does not get half of what he has asked for...

I wrote the original post and never said I wouldnt do my job, which I pride myself in being a hard worker. However, the new law they are proposing states that its up to the leo to decide whether to check a sp's legal status instead of a being a mandatory check which is how they are getting around making the bill unconstitutional. So I choose not to check, if they make it mandatory I will have no choice. Again, Mr. Scott wants more out of us but turns around and jams it up our booger hole. What kind of message does that send to those of us who put our lives on the line.

I wrote the original post and never said I wouldnt do my job, which I pride myself in being a hard worker. However, the new law they are proposing states that its up to the leo to decide whether to check a sp's legal status instead of a being a mandatory check which is how they are getting around making the bill unconstitutional. So I choose not to check, if they make it mandatory I will have no choice. Again, Mr. Scott wants more out of us but turns around and jams it up our booger hole. What kind of message does that send to those of us who put our lives on the line.
    You are simply a disgrace.

Get the illegals out of our country. Seal the borders. THEN come up with a guest worker program that allows LEGAL aliens to come in and work. But job one is to GET THE ILLEGALS OUT.

You won't help? You are not a patriotic American.

All because you want something for nothing.

Disgrace is the appropriate word.

:!:

Quote Originally Posted by Disgraceful
    You are simply a disgrace.

Get the illegals out of our country. Seal the borders. THEN come up with a guest worker program that allows LEGAL aliens to come in and work. But job one is to GET THE ILLEGALS OUT.

You won't help? You are not a patriotic American.

All because you want something for nothing.

Disgrace is the appropriate word.

:!:

No, I agree with him. He/she/we don’t want something for nothing. We want to be paid for the work we do. We don’t work for free. If they cut our pay, we cut our work. It’s that simple. I’ll say it again, WE DON’T WORK FOR FREE. How unpatriotic of you to expect us to.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast