Mr. Scott Shove your Immigration Policy - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Mr. Scott Shove your Immigration Policy

This thread started as a comment about the new Immigration Policy being discussed in Tallahassee and turned into a debate about take home cars. The thread got off track and my response is not about the Immigration idea either, therefore I am as guilty as the next guy. But, the post regarding lucky to have this job struck a nerve and I had to post and agree.

I AM lucky to have this job, but as stated above I WORKED for it and EARNED it. I too was ridiculed among so called "friends" when they knew I was working toward a career in law enforcement. Of course, they were not true friends. I keep my nose clean, did the right things and stayed on course. I did not allow the "peer pressure" to knock me off course and that takes discipline and will power. All of us are still fighting society's pressure to cut corners and cheat others to get ahead, but we take a stand and don't waiver from our core values. I am proud of the ability to do that, not everyone can say that. For the most part, the people in this job have done the same thing I did, therefore they have earned this job also. The ones that could not make the cut have no one but themselves to blame.

As far as enforcing the new law(s), I will do what I am sworn to do. The day I don't do that is the day I need to quit.

I personally did''nt work for or earn a damn thing in regards to this job. I got this job because of a way of life. A way of life that was instilled upon me by my mother and father. I believed in helping others, enforcing the law and doing what is right. I got this job by believing in what is right and that the bad guys deserve to pay for their crimes and pay their debts to society.

Made me laugh on sunday news show when the news guy was interviewing a waiter who complained that he wasnt getting a retirement like the cops working the beat. Hello clueless, you serve food how dangerous and how much of a good background do you have to have to serve slop. If you do have a good background then man up and apply like the rest of us who put our lives on the line. Who the hell chases robbery suspects while slinging meat loaf.

Scott's hard line stance on immigration is just a charade. Immigration is a federal issue, not a state issue. Sure Scott can "order" any LEO to take an illegal into custody, but how do we know they're illegal? The Department of Homeland Security maintains the only immigration database of permanent and temporary residents (those with "A" numbers) and those with valid visas. Local and state LEOs do not have access to this database, and the DHS isn't going to give us access to the database in order to enforce such a controversial law that the feds are against anyway. So you'll never be able to actually confirm someone is illegal unless they already have an immigration warrant in NCIC or hand you fake immigration documents. In reality such a law would be barely enforceable at all. All it will take is for the first officer/deputy in the state to arrest a Hispanic without an ID who turns out to be a citizen and the ensuing lawsuit will be the end of any enforcement of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Scott's hard line stance on immigration is just a charade. Immigration is a federal issue, not a state issue.

Hummmm. Apparently you never heard of Arizona. Every time their state immigration laws get knocked down they write another one. They are not going to give up.

:P :P :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona
    Hummmm. Apparently you never heard of Arizona. Every time their state immigration laws get knocked down they write another one. They are not going to give up.

Arizona's law is just as unenforceable as anything here would be. Again, the feds control the ONLY database that says whether or not someone is legally in the country. It would be pretty hard to convict someone of being an illegal immigrant in state court if the feds don't provide the information that they're not here legally. Arizona does keep writing laws and every one gets shot down in court. When (or if) Arizona starts arresting people based upon the new laws, the people will be freed as quickly as they're taken in and brought before a judge.

Attempts by states to control illegal immigration simply cannot work without getting access to DHS/DOS databases!

Arizona's law is just as unenforceable as anything here would be. Again, the feds control the ONLY database that says whether or not someone is legally in the country. It would be pretty hard to convict someone of being an illegal immigrant in state court if the feds don't provide the information that they're not here legally. Arizona does keep writing laws and every one gets shot down in court. When (or if) Arizona starts arresting people based upon the new laws, the people will be freed as quickly as they're taken in and brought before a judge.

Attempts by states to control illegal immigration simply cannot work without getting access to DHS/DOS databases!

I am soooo impressed with your expertise. Thank you, thank you, thank you for demonstrating that you know so much more that the governors and legislatures about how to combat the invasion of illegal aliens.

I say let them keep trying. Sooner or later they will hit on something that works, maybe through the driver's licensing laws or some similar approach that excludes illegal aliens from participation in the community.

In the mean time it is inaccurate to call the governor's attempts at ridding our state of illegals a "charade."

:!:

Quote Originally Posted by Keep trying

I am soooo impressed with your expertise. Thank you, thank you, thank you for demonstrating that you know so much more that the governors and legislatures about how to combat the invasion of illegal aliens.

I say let them keep trying. Sooner or later they will hit on something that works, maybe through the driver's licensing laws or some similar approach that excludes illegal aliens from participation in the community.

In the mean time it is inaccurate to call the governor's attempts at ridding our state of illegals a "charade."

Your right...........the Governor himself is the Charade. He has single handedly destroyed my faith in the Republican Party. He makes Obama look like a Saint. Scott is out for NOTHING BUT TO BETTER HIS OWN BUSINESS TAX INTERESTS, so that he can swim even deeper in the money. I'm so sick of people like him buying their way into a political seat and then idiots support him, thinking that he cares about them. Wake up, cause he cares only about tthree things, money, power & himself. I would love to rid this state & country of the illegals who are draining us dry, dont pay taxes, cause millions of dollars of property damage and injuries from driving drunk and ALWAYS leaving the scene. Lets not even mention the healthcare costs for the illegals who come into this country & state just to seek hospital care and deliver baby after baby without ever having any internt to pay back the governments, hospitals and private citizens who are left with smashed up vehicles and injuries caused by these illegals who dont care a bit. Hillsborough County alone, sustains hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars in unpaid criminal acts, hospital care and many violent gang crimes and the grafitti they leave behind. Hillsborough county got so bad that they had to just recently start up a gang grafitti enforcement section through the code enforcement office. Who do you think is paying all this stuff...........The middle class blue collar workers like us. Thats all it ever is....take, take, take from the middleclass to pay for the poor & illegal, while Scott lets his wealthy buddies off the hook again. Well its finally coming to a boiling point and the middle class is going to start telling politicians like Scott to go "F%*K OFF! Been Republican my whole life and now after Rick Scott, I am seriously teetering on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Keep trying

Your right...........the Governor himself is the Charade. He has single handedly destroyed my faith in the Republican Party. He makes Obama look like a Saint. Scott is out for NOTHING BUT TO BETTER HIS OWN BUSINESS TAX INTERESTS, so that he can swim even deeper in the money. I'm so sick of people like him buying their way into a political seat and then idiots support him, thinking that he cares about them. Wake up, cause he cares only about tthree things, money, power & himself. I would love to rid this state & country of the illegals who are draining us dry, dont pay taxes, cause millions of dollars of property damage and injuries from driving drunk and ALWAYS leaving the scene. Lets not even mention the healthcare costs for the illegals who come into this country & state just to seek hospital care and deliver baby after baby without ever having any internt to pay back the governments, hospitals and private citizens who are left with smashed up vehicles and injuries caused by these illegals who dont care a bit. Hillsborough County alone, sustains hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars in unpaid criminal acts, hospital care and many violent gang crimes and the grafitti they leave behind. Hillsborough county got so bad that they had to just recently start up a gang grafitti enforcement section through the code enforcement office. Who do you think is paying all this stuff...........The middle class blue collar workers like us. Thats all it ever is....take, take, take from the middleclass to pay for the poor & illegal, while Scott lets his wealthy buddies off the hook again. Well its finally coming to a boiling point and the middle class is going to start telling politicians like Scott to go "F%*K OFF! Been Republican my whole life and now after Rick Scott, I am seriously teetering on the fence.
    What an incoherent mixed message you post.

You are, of course, delusional if you think Scott makes Obama look like a saint. That's very much like saying that Obama makes Jimmy Carter look good. Nothing can make Jimmy Carter look good. :P

How strange that you would resent the governor's efforts to make the state unattractive to illegal aliens, but say "I would love to rid this state & country of the illegals who are draining us dry."

You don't give any basis for your assertions that Scott is interested only in himself, money and power other than to claim that he is out for nothing but his own business tax interests.

I suggest that making a state attractive to businesses is one job of a governor, and that making business taxes low is one way to do this. A classic example is the recent major tax increase in Illinois that is driving businesses to neighboring Wisconsin. You simply appear to be misguided or misinformed about the realities of the function of tax rates.

More businesses in the state means more employees; these are people who pay taxes and the more of them there are the larger the tax base and the less that each individual pays in taxes.

Oh, if you are seriously considering leaving the Republican party, please go ahead and do so. It would serve to raise the average IQ of the party if you left.

:mrgreen:

I did, cut up my rnc card and tea party express card and will never send a dime to either one ever again. You dumb arsse cutting off your nose to spite your face. Compromise is how this country was formed and you radicals are out for blood. Good luck I dont think you will succeed as you have pissed off just about ever leo, firefighter, and teacher in the state and nation. Arsse wipes like you will be going after veterans next.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast