From The "Burning Spear" voice of the Uhuru
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

From The "Burning Spear" voice of the Uhuru

You can't ignore it any longer Chief Chuck. The following was taken directly from the "Burning Spear" and is the direct voice of the UHURU who are based right here in St Pete. Make no bones about it...they are a terrorist organization and should be treated and prosecuted as such. Hide no longer Chief Chuck!!!!!!!!!! Time to face the faces, grow a set and start taking action.

Shooting of police in Florida part of growing trend of African resistance to occupation
    UhuruNews
    Published Jan 28, 2011

ST. PETERSBURG, Florida — The crisis of the U.S. State was exposed and deepened on Monday, January 24, 2011 as one African man killed two local police, wounded a U.S. marshal and held off more than 100 police from various state and federal police agencies for several hours.

Earlier that morning, a U.S. marshal and two local police came to the home of 39-year-old Hydra Lacy to arrest him, and he apparently had determined that he was not going to join the more than one million African captives locked up in U.S. prisons that day.

While imperialist media attempts to deal with this as an isolated incident, the fact is that there is a trend across the U.S. of growing resistance by African people to police occupation.

That occupation — not unlike the occupation of the land of the Palestinian people — includes the regular harassment, brutality and murder police impose on African people.

However, Africans, no longer willing to accepting the State’s monopoly on violence, have been engaging is serious resistance. Within this same 24-hour period, at least 11 cops were shot across the U.S.

Also on the day this incident occurred, a funeral was being held for two cops in Miami, Florida who were killed the previous Thursday, January 20 while occupying the African community of Liberty City.

In Detroit, Michigan, a man walked into a police station just one day before the St. Petersburg incident and started shooting, hitting four cops.

Then there is Dontae Morris, who is on trial now after two cops got shot and killed when they stopped him in Tampa, Florida on June 29, 2010.

Of course, the case of Lovelle Mixon cannot be forgotten. He was killed by Oakland police on March 21, 2009 — two months after police in the same city murdered Oscar Grant — but only after 3 cops lay dead and another wounded.

Not isolated incidents

The media paint these all as isolated incidents by disturbed or pathologically criminal individuals. The reality inside the African community, however, exposes a much different situation. When one looked over the scene in St. Petersburg as police surrounded Hydra Lacy’s house, a sharp contradiction could be seen.

There was on one hand, the heavily armed police occupation. What looked to be more than 100 police cars were joined by four urban tanks with different police agency labels — at least three of which were St. Petersburg Police, Tampa Police and Homeland Security. Police uniform labels showed the presence of at least the St. Pete Police, Tampa Police, Pinellas County Sheriffs, U.S. marshals, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

On the other hand, there were the masses of Africans standing and surrounding the area. The crowd recognized the police as an antagonistic force. In the crowd, calls could be heard for Lacy to “kill every one of ‘em!”

One elderly woman holding a baby yelled at a police truck that sped to park where she was standing. Another yell came from the crowd, “That’s why people shooting at y’all now!”
    There was a general sense of a community fed up with military occupation.

Media also had a difficult time getting anyone to talk to them. People approached by reporters walked away from them, apparently recognizing the role the media constantly plays in justifying police assaults in the African community.

They were right as the media all day painted a false picture of a community in support of the police action while painting a picture of Hydra Lacy as a pathological criminal.

Who is waging war?

Police representatives have been raising the question in the media, “Is there a war on the police?”
    The reality is that a war has been waged long before January 24. That war has been one waged by police who launch regular assaults against the African community and maintain a constant state of occupation.

Casualties of that war have included seven-year-old Aiyana Jones. They have included Oscar Grant. They include Sean Bell who was gunned down in a hail of 50 bullets just hours before his wedding.

In St. Petersburg, the police war against the African community has taken the lives of teenagers like Marquell McCullough, Javon Dawson, Jarrell Walker and TyRon Lewis.

This war is a war of occupation, not unlike the occupation of Palestine or Iraq or Afghanistan. It’s one in which a military presence is constantly maintained.

That occupation is evidenced in statistics reviewed by the Center for Constitutional Rights that show that New York police stopped and frisked around 1,280,000 African and Latino people from 2005-2008 with police finding an excuse to arrest someone only 4-6 percent of the times that they stopped people.

Occupation in African communities in US no different from in Palestine

The similarities in the occupation of the African community and that of places like Palestine are striking. The police in St. Petersburg were unsatisfied after they finally killed Hydra Lacy.
    Under orders of the vicious mayor, William Foster, they bulldozed the house with him in it and razed the land, turning what used to be a beautiful house into nothing more than a sandbox.
    This is a tactic that is used often in Palestine by the illegitimate settler state of Israel.

Hydra Lacy's house during bulldozing. The house was completely demolished and all evidence that a house ever existed there removed.
    Palestinians run in front of an israeli bulldozer as it destroy houses next to the border of Egypt at the Rafah refugee camp in the southern Gaza Strip (2004)In Palestine the bulldozing of homes is done as an exemplary collective punishment when a member of the family who owns a home is involved in resistance.

It’s meant to “salt the earth” and prevent oppressed people from resisting for fear of their families being punished (or to win the families and communities of those resisting against them).
    The bulldozing of Hydra Lacy’s house was meant to do the same thing.

In Tampa, Florida, when Dontae Morris was on the run after two cops died in a confrontation with him, police forced whole communities out of their homes as they ran through them. Despite this blatant attack on whole communities, the media was baffled as people in the community gave shout outs to Dontae over the air.

Resistance must become organized to end the occupation

The cases of Hydra Lacy and the countless others who have shot or killed cops represent only one expression of a growing resistance in the African community.

It also expresses itself through challenges to city government in places like Philadelphia where the International People’s Democratic Uhuru Movement (InPDUM) President Diop Olugbala was attacked and arrested at City Hall for demanding the mayor stop taking away programs that served the African community to stuff money into the budget for police and prisons to lock up African people.

It expresses itself with African youth every day challenging school systems that miseducate them and track them into prisons. It expresses itself inside of the prisons, through actions like the statewide strikes that recently occurred in Georgia.

The question is whether the resistance of the African community will continue to be unorganized and isolated or if it will become organized to overturn the occupation that it responds to.

InPDUM says that it must be organized! It is with organization that we gain power. Only with organized resistance can African people overturn the colonial occupation and win control over our own lives and our own communities.

It is with this understanding that InPDUM holds its 20th Annual International Convention on February 19-21 in Philadelphia under the banner “Africans Have a Right to Resist! Freedom and Reparations Now!”

The convention aims to organize around various issues including the miseducation of African children, the special oppression of African women and the struggle against the whitewashing of African communities.

One workshop of the convention is entitled “U.S. is a Prison of Nations: 50 million Africans held captive!” Out of this workshop will come a strategy to take on the question of State violence and repression against the African community.

It is inevitable that occupation will produce righteous resistance. The question for African people is, will we organize ourselves to win power for ourselves or struggle in isolation forever? We must organize and resist!

Register today for the InPDUM Convention at http://www.inpdum.org

Re: From The "Burning Spear" voice of the Uhuru

What a delusional and overly-propaganidized article! Wow! I am befuddled over whether to laugh or gasp with deepened sadness regarding the conjurous diatribe. Of course, I could opt to spend an eternity analyzing the inconsistencies, unchecked statements, alleged statistical references and structural defincencies the author chose to display/disseminate...but feel an overwhelming sense of equal ignorance if I were to even dignify any of its inflammatory content. However, the deeply-embedded feeling of PARANOIA comes to mind as to the basis of the author (and/or silent contributors adding to fan the flames that are virtually nonexistent). "Military occupation"? Really? Have you even considered to define those words, and actually delve into their original context, given absolute historical events freely available? Freely available due to Military strategies to overcome such resistance, largely misplaced, misguided, misappplied, and thoroughly thinly-veiled via propaganda efforts? Really?

As I read the verbiage and the inherent invective, I truly felt saddened that a human heart, soul and psyche can be so twisted and derailed by truth, instead choosing to side with tumult and hatred! Yet, it must be so very easy to throw stones where you please, the pleasure to do so "evincingly" provided by law enforcement (no matter the level: municipal, county, state and/or federal) so as to deliver your Constitutional right to convey your "message".

Albeit ridiculous, addressing your point, as stated, regarding a "police occupation" is ludicrous. Have you even verified how understaffed most, if not all, police agencies are? The factual statistics fly in the face of ANY allusion to "police occupation" and/or "military occupation"! Sensationalism comes to mind, regarding the "author's" utilization of inflammatory propaganda: unchecked, unrealistic, overly-animated diatribe salted with invective of a hate-laden soul!

So, if I comprehend the basis at all: ALL police are out to get the African populaion, quash its culture, and "occupy" the geography for itself (people of non-colr)? I wonder if Officer Yaslowitz's children know you exist and/or even care for your nasty viewpoints. How shameful!

Sleep well hateful author and/or UHURU organization. Are you that insecure?

Quote Originally Posted by Really?
    What a delusional and overly-propaganidized article! Wow! I am befuddled over whether to laugh or gasp with deepened sadness regarding the conjurous diatribe. Of course, I could opt to spend an eternity analyzing the inconsistencies, unchecked statements, alleged statistical references and structural defincencies the author chose to display/disseminate...but feel an overwhelming sense of equal ignorance if I were to even dignify any of its inflammatory content. However, the deeply-embedded feeling of PARANOIA comes to mind as to the basis of the author (and/or silent contributors adding to fan the flames that are virtually nonexistent). "Military occupation"? Really? Have you even considered to define those words, and actually delve into their original context, given absolute historical events freely available? Freely available due to Military strategies to overcome such resistance, largely misplaced, misguided, misappplied, and thoroughly thinly-veiled via propaganda efforts? Really?

As I read the verbiage and the inherent invective, I truly felt saddened that a human heart, soul and psyche can be so twisted and derailed by truth, instead choosing to side with tumult and hatred! Yet, it must be so very easy to throw stones where you please, the pleasure to do so "evincingly" provided by law enforcement (no matter the level: municipal, county, state and/or federal) so as to deliver your Constitutional right to convey your "message".

Albeit ridiculous, addressing your point, as stated, regarding a "police occupation" is ludicrous. Have you even verified how understaffed most, if not all, police agencies are? The factual statistics fly in the face of ANY allusion to "police occupation" and/or "military occupation"! Sensationalism comes to mind, regarding the "author's" utilization of inflammatory propaganda: unchecked, unrealistic, overly-animated diatribe salted with invective of a hate-laden soul!

So, if I comprehend the basis at all: ALL police are out to get the African populaion, quash its culture, and "occupy" the geography for itself (people of non-colr)? I wonder if Officer Yaslowitz's children know you exist and/or even care for your nasty viewpoints. How shameful!

I have full comprehension of the need and desire you have to express your ire while admonishing the Uhuru cult members, but we could do without the five-dollar words and the snobby attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Really?

I have full comprehension of the need and desire you have to express your ire while admonishing the Uhuru cult members, but we could do without the five-dollar words and the snobby attitude.

I thought the response was well written and on target. If they don't like our country and the perceived police occupation....leave! n Go back to Africa or whatever country you choose, I hear there's plenty of space in Egypt right now. Confirm with OUR (THE AMERICAN) culture and way of life or LEAVE.

Here's a new and radical suggestion for the Uhurus and their criminal supporters: obey the laws and you will not have to worry about the police.

Uhuru says its "refreshing" to see cops murdered

"Facts are facts" posted some startling information. But what can you do about it? Chief Harmon can't do much about this incitement as long as the first amendment gives us all freedom of speech. On Sunday I heard an Uhuru cult spokesperson say it was "refreshing" to see all of these recent murders of police officers. 11 killed in 1 day.

Refreshing?

Chief Harmon works for the mayor so his hands are tied. They mayor had the Lacy house demolished to keep Uhurus from rallying there. Don't expect the city to do anything else. The city will continue to allow the Uhurus to raise funds at the Saturday Morning Market, Grand Prix and at events at city parks. City council will allow Uhurus to slander police officers at the public forum segment of the council meeting and won't make a peep.

If you are moved to do something you might begin by asking questions about the taxpayer funding for the new uhuru charter school.

You could send a polite letter or email to Pinellas County Commission Chair Susan Latvala and ask her if she would reconsider her past support for this proposed school. While she is no longer on the school board she did offer crucial public support 3 years ago.

http://www.pinellascounty.org/forms/bcc_form.htm
    Board of County Commissioners
    315 Court St., Clearwater 33756
    (727) 464-3377

You could ask Pinellas School Board Chairperson Carol J. Cook if the board is aware of the violent history of this group. Will the board please explain what went on at Uhuru House before the murder of Paris Hamilton? Are gang members welcome at Uhuru House? Will 8 Hype gangsters interact with students at this school?

Pinellas County Schools
    board@pcsb.org
    301 Fourth St. SW
    Largo, FL 33770
    (727) 588-6000

You could ask them to review some of this information:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...%20and%20Riots

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/05/21/So...osts_sol.shtml

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...cle1041368.ece

http://www.sptimes.com/News/060900/S...n_baffle.shtml

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...rsburg/1101196

http://www.adl.org/learn/extremismfloridainside.pdf

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/12/29/So..._gets_li.shtml

http://monroeanderson.typepad.com/my...cal-cause.html

And to think that Chuck Harmon and many other brass at SPPD welcome the UHURU's with open arms to oversee police activity within the city. It won't be long before there is a gym or public building in St Pete named the "Hydra Lacy Center". How long did it take before they named the last gym after a African American Thug that nearly ran over a St Pete PD Officer in a stolen car? I got out of St Pete right after that happened and I only go back when I am forced to visit some distant family members. Other then that, I refuse to step foot or spend one dollar in a city that supports such behavior. Every one of those UHURU members should be jailed as TERRORISTS and yet they are a active part of the St Pete Police Department. How any of you still work at SPPD is beyond me. All I can say is please be safe and let them hear your voices about this terrorist group being given such open armed treatment when they post articles like the one above.

And they continue to raise the stakes.....

On January 24, 2011, Hydra Lacy was killed as police came to his home to take him to join the more than one million African people held captive in U.S. prisons — but not before two St. Petersburg police lay dead and a U.S. marshal wounded. More than 100 police from various state and federal agencies were also held off outside his home for several hours.

On January 30, 2011, at the regular meeting of the International People's Democratic Uhuru Movement, African community members and family and friends of Hydra Lacy came together and discussed the incident and subsequent slander launched against Lacy.
    Go watch the video and be prepared for the next encounter.

http://uhurunews.com/video/play?reso...cupation-video

That video was infuriating beyond belief. These black people actually believed they are oppressed and entitled to something for slavery endured DECADES before their time.

Time for the Feds to step in or Society to take a stand to eliminate the problem. I'd be interested to know who was in the audiance....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast