Motivation will set u free
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Motivation will set u free

Is it the same people on this forum all the time. It appears that everyone is very negative about the agency. I think that all the energy used to talk bad about the agency should be used to do some traffic stops or just enforce the laws of this great county. Let's face the facts, the five or so heroes on the forum that are always running their mouths should be ashamed of themselves. I was just kidding about the hero part, a hero is serving the community with dedication and not complaining that someone cut there x40 short or that they wrote three reports. I know everyone is under staffed but that gives no reason for the lack of motivation. You should try to get the reports done and then go find someone that is breaking the law. I'm sure I will hear from the disgruntled,the lazy or just the scared. I'm am ready for it. There are other jobs out there if you don't like this one. Please no jail guards reply this is a leo forum. Just so everyone is aware, I can't get enough traffic stops, calls for service or just doing my duty. I love this agency and this job stop bringing everyone down with the negativity. God bless the the true and dedicated .P.S god bless me and the real warriors.

Re: Motivation will set u free

I will reply to this message since the lazy will not . Can anyone give a rational explanation for not being their best. Where is the dignity, where is the honor. I remember when people had pride and did not slander everyone in the chain of command. I know blame it on the new p.t test. The chain of command are us and so are the deputies that work for them. Just because you never had the opportunity to be part of this great agency or just because you got past up on some selection does not change the fact your a deputy sheriff. Start acting like one and someone might give you notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Is it the same people on this forum all the time. It appears that everyone is very negative about the agency. I think that all the energy used to talk bad about the agency should be used to do some traffic stops or just enforce the laws of this great county. Let's face the facts, the five or so heroes on the forum that are always running their mouths should be ashamed of themselves. I was just kidding about the hero part, a hero is serving the community with dedication and not complaining that someone cut there x40 short or that they wrote three reports. I know everyone is under staffed but that gives no reason for the lack of motivation. You should try to get the reports done and then go find someone that is breaking the law. I'm sure I will hear from the disgruntled,the lazy or just the scared. I'm am ready for it. There are other jobs out there if you don't like this one. Please no jail guards reply this is a leo forum. Just so everyone is aware, I can't get enough traffic stops, calls for service or just doing my duty. I love this agency and this job stop bringing everyone down with the negativity. God bless the the true and dedicated .P.S god bless me and the real warriors.

Come back and comment again when you get out of phase 5. I bet your opinion will change...

No phase 5 for me. I have been here 15 years. I worked around your type and did not like it. I know ,have your zone partners take all the reports since you are such a veteran and you deserve it right. Your pathetic.

No phase 5 for me. I have been here 15 years.
    Yeah right. I'm calling BS on this.

To the last poster why does it have to be B.S. Is it that I'm right and that your just hate what you do. Please do everyone a favor and quit. I have some questions , when was the last time you put someone in jail on self initiated activity. When was the last time you went out on a suspicious person , when was your last DUI arrest, when was the last time you caught a burglary in progress. When was the last time your opinion was even asked about criminal activity at foot. Everyone has worked around the pathetic. Just go away.

Actually the last poster was me. I thought I was logged in but apparently I was'nt. For the record my rum and coke as very nice as was my cigar

To the last poster why does it have to be B.S. Is it that I'm right and that your just hate what you do. No I don't hate what I do I just hate the BS politics that go on day to day.Please do everyone a favor and quit. Nope. Not gonna happen until i reach retirement dude. Sorry.I have some questions , when was the last time you put someone in jail on self initiated activity. A couple of days ago. On average about 2 times aweek.When was the last time you went out on a suspicious person , At least once a shift if not more.when was your last DUI arrest, It's been awhile since I caught a drunk I must admit. But I'm on day shift so they don't jump out in front of me like they do you guys at night.when was the last time you caught a burglary in progress. 3 days ago.When was the last time your opinion was even asked about criminal activity at foot. Awhile ago.Everyone has worked around the pathetic. Just go away.Uhhhh Nope, don't think so sport.

To the last poster why does it have to be B.S. Is it that I'm right and that your just hate what you do. Please do everyone a favor and quit. I have some questions , when was the last time you put someone in jail on self initiated activity. When was the last time you went out on a suspicious person , when was your last DUI arrest, when was the last time you caught a burglary in progress. When was the last time your opinion was even asked about criminal activity at foot. Everyone has worked around the pathetic. Just go away.
    why does this poster sound like an applicant...or to better put it...a deputy wanna-be. Good luck in the hiring process buddy, a few re-re's make it through the process so you have a chance.

Well, maybe when we no longer get in trouble for being proactive, maybe when the supervisors quit contradicting each other (what is required by one supervisor will get you in trouble with the next supervisor), maybe when we get recognized and rewarded for being proactive instead of getting written up for not being a team member (since being proactive means that we are on self generated calls instead of answering calls for service), maybe when the transfers/promotions start being given to those who work instead of those who have the hookup or the ethnicity or the sexual orientation, maybe when the supervisors start giving us respect, maybe when we dont have to write a report for an unfounded claims of domestic violence, child abuse, mentally ill persons, elderly abuse, 3 reports for a fender bender (driver's exchange- mre report- and the new 7 page mandatory long form) and almost every other call we go on including "write a report to show that there was no complainant victim or crime", maybe when we are no longer told to "stay off the road to save on gas prices", maybe when we no longer feel that they are just waiting for us to make a mistake so that they can hammer us for the possibility of their further promotion, maybe when............... I could go on by I think you get the picture.

It's better to have a less than ideal job than to have a few minor moral victories while collecting unemployment. That's what you call winning a few battles but losing the war. Those burglars you would have caught, or the 13Ps with 5 grams of Marijuana on them, will bond out long before we can recover from having to find a new career. If they want us to be proactive then they need to act like they want us to be proactive, give us incentive to be proactive, allow us to be proactive, and reward us for being proactive.

It is clear that they do not want us to be proactive. Doing more things means that we will get into more sticky situations which will lead to more complaints against us, more supervisors Monday morning quarterbacking us, and allows for more people to sue the S.O. which will happen with the high profile cases, This agency is now run like a business, and is deathly afraid of civil litigation. Again it is VERY CLEAR that they DO NOT want us to be proactive. ACTIONS speak louder than words. H.C.S.O. is starting to reap with it has sewn.

Used to feel the same way as you a few years ago. After finally getting chastised enough times by my supervisors that my job was to ANSWER CALLS FOR SERVICE......NOT TO PLAY DETECTIVE OR FHP, I stopped being proactive. I also had 2 Blue Forms completed on me for incidents that I initiated and was told that if I wanted to keep my job here, I need to NOT get anymore Blue Forms. I have also found that every time I try to go the extra mile and do 1 thing positive, I am blasted with 2 things negative from this administration. I can pretty much guarantee you that my stats at HCSO are well above the average since being employed here. I can also tell you that all the extra work & abundance of self initiated activity I did in the past has gotten me nowhere. I honestly would have been better off doing very little self initiated police work and rather concentrating on kissing butt & playing politics, because those I worked with who did that have gone on to promotion or sweet transfers. Along the way I have also learned some VERY VALUABLE lessons, mainly that this office IS NOT as important as I once thought it was. After a scary wake up call and finding out in a cold way that I am only a easily replaceable NUMBER at HCSO, my priorities have shifted toward the most important things in my life, like family & true friends. Lets just say I found out exactly where we rate with this administration when life throws you a curveball. The old saying of "What have you done for me today" is all that matters to those running the show. Be safe you all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast