Thanks Channel 7 News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks Channel 7 News

I always thought of Channel 7 as cop haters but today they proved me wrong. I was riveted to the tv for over 7 hrs as they gave complete and uninterrupted coverage of the final farewell to the two MDPD murdered detectives. Their commentary was heartfelt and very complimentary to law enforcement. This will go a long way to improving the public's image of police. Otherwise, it would have been just another cop funeral only speaking to us in the trade. Now the public knows the truth - that we bleed just like they do. Such a sad day for south Florida only to be duplicated in St. Pete. What is happening to this world?

Re: Thanks Channel 7 News

watching the service made me think, why cant we have a sheriff that can speak like the Miami-Dade director. This man truly cares about his men and women.

Quote Originally Posted by geegee
    watching the service made me think, why cant we have a sheriff that can speak like the Miami-Dade director. This man truly cares about his men and women.
    the best part of their coverage was the telephone interview with sheriff lamcoward. what happen today al? mike, dana, and viv were rdo? you are so shameful and today during your interview you couldn't clean the miami dade director's shoes.

I have to agree with what a quality guy the MD Director is. Very well spoken and from the heart. He's able to speak in terms that anyone can understand and yet not sound common. Just a really powerful guy. I wish he or someone like him would run for Sheriff. I saw an interview with Al who was in attendance and he basically said he went to the event because Dade is always there for us. Or was it because the Gov was there? Just a simple question.

The reason is quite simple, the Director is appointed not elected. Now this is a doubled edged sword, the director ( actually he is an appointed sheriff, per state statutes) does not have to get elected. However, his bosses ( county commissioners and county manager) do. As much as we may hate it, politics is a major,major part of our job and is played by every member of the agency, politicking for days off, zone assignments, specialty assignments, districts, vehicles, details, favor with supervisors, the list goes on and on. Don't kid yourself, we are all guilty of it. I agree the director was a powerful,powerful voice yesterday and I he was speaking with pure emotion, but was he also playing to the crowd? I heard Jenne speak at memorials and he sounded sincere and full of hope an promise, gee, I am sure he meant it? All I can say is yesterday I was proud of Miami-Dade for what they did for the family and the brother and sister that was killed. But don't sell us short, I have been proud of us when I saw what we had done in the past, like when the two Maryland State Troopers who helped capture Dep. Jack Greeny's killers. The agency flew them and their families down for some R&R, sent them to Disneyworld and had an awards ceremony in their honor, I don't think I was ever prouder of BSO, why? Because not many folks know about it, it was a publicity stunt.....

Quote Originally Posted by sad_day
    The reason is quite simple, the Director is appointed not elected. Now this is a doubled edged sword, the director ( actually he is an appointed sheriff, per state statutes) does not have to get elected. However, his bosses ( county commissioners and county manager) do. As much as we may hate it, politics is a major,major part of our job and is played by every member of the agency, politicking for days off, zone assignments, specialty assignments, districts, vehicles, details, favor with supervisors, the list goes on and on. Don't kid yourself, we are all guilty of it. I agree the director was a powerful,powerful voice yesterday and I he was speaking with pure emotion, but was he also playing to the crowd? I heard Jenne speak at memorials and he sounded sincere and full of hope an promise, gee, I am sure he meant it? All I can say is yesterday I was proud of Miami-Dade for what they did for the family and the brother and sister that was killed. But don't sell us short, I have been proud of us when I saw what we had done in the past, like when the two Maryland State Troopers who helped capture Dep. Jack Greeny's killers. The agency flew them and their families down for some R&R, sent them to Disneyworld and had an awards ceremony in their honor, I don't think I was ever prouder of BSO, why? Because not many folks know about it, it was a publicity stunt.....
    sorry, that should read, IT WAS NOT A PUBLICITY STUNT>

Director Loftus is a class act, unlike the bumbling clown who calls himself the Broward Sheriff.

As moving as the ceremony was, I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit I friggin lost it when the kids spoke. STAY SAFE people, and yes I called my Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Clear channel
    Director Loftus is a class act, unlike the bumbling clown who calls himself the Broward Sheriff.
    Lameo couldn't be a pimple on Loftus arse!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast