Pension Bill 303 Introduced - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Pension Bill 303 Introduced

Quote Originally Posted by bye to your pensions
    I hope they take all ou your pensions
    Why the comment and why do you care? Where you one of those corporate employee's who made a ton of money but your CEO stole from the company causing it to go bankrupt and now you are unemployed with no pension. Where you one of those people who laughed at a government employee because they made no money but knew they would at least have a pension? What is it? Or maybe you see cops always sitting around doing nothing, but don't dare follow them into harms way when they are called upon. Whatever the reason, you sound like a bitter and pathetic soul. Please explain yourself so we all understand why you feel the way you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Quote Originally Posted by bye to your pensions
    I hope they take all ou your pensions
    Why the comment and why do you care? Where you one of those corporate employee's who made a ton of money but your CEO stole from the company causing it to go bankrupt and now you are unemployed with no pension. Where you one of those people who laughed at a government employee because they made no money but knew they would at least have a pension? What is it? Or maybe you see cops always sitting around doing nothing, but don't dare follow them into harms way when they are called upon. Whatever the reason, you sound like a bitter and pathetic soul. Please explain yourself so we all understand why you feel the way you do.
    Not to worry, this is either a retarded, bitter criminal or a 6 yr old that got on his mommy's puter

Why isn't this guy's face, address, phone number, tag number, vehicle description, and faces, names, tags, addresses, and vehicle descriptions of his family plastered on the desk and/or dashboard of everyone in FRS or receiving benefits from FRS?

I'm not suggesting anything other than if you encounter him and his, you should be aware in your dealings with him that he's making a serious attempt at screwing you and your family out of your financial future.

Quote Originally Posted by justus
    Why isn't this guy's face, address, phone number, tag number, vehicle description, and faces, names, tags, addresses, and vehicle descriptions of his family plastered on the desk and/or dashboard of everyone in FRS or receiving benefits from FRS?

I'm not suggesting anything other than if you encounter him and his, you should be aware in your dealings with him that he's making a serious attempt at screwing you and your family out of your financial future.
    This is the stuff I love to “extract” off of your boards. This is only sauce for the goose when it comes to proving that deputies use their positions of authority for retaliatory purposes. This is where LEO’s reveal themselves as stupid. Remember, this web site is available for anyone to see!

The days of public funded pensions should have ended years ago. I realize since our state legislators were also in FRS, that wasn't going to happen. For 30 years I contributed into my own municipal pension. All of your overtime is calculated as pensionable earnings and you earn a guaranteed 3% COLA every year. It's about time EVERYONE in FRS starts contributing at least 6-7% of salary towards your own pension.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Saying What's Fair
    The days of public funded pensions should have ended years ago. I realize since our state legislators were also in FRS, that wasn't going to happen. For 30 years I contributed into my own municipal pension. All of your overtime is calculated as pensionable earnings and you earn a guaranteed 3% COLA every year. It's about time EVERYONE in FRS starts contributing at least 6-7% of salary towards your own pension.
    Sorry, but with your education and lack of people skills, you only make minimum wage, and the only risk you face, is getting sticky fingers from the slurpee machine! About your alleged 30 years contributing to a pension, I say bullshirt! You know you spent 10 of those years incarcerated and lived for free in those years! Many of us do not make it to retirement, and I hope you spend your's eating dog food and living in a homeless camp, Where you will still be protected , by us!

Pension funds still gambling on stocks

Despite massive equity losses earlier this decade that forced funds to cut benefits, raise contributions and hit up taxpayers and corporations for money, pension managers rushed back into the equity markets. How many times will the pension industry take these risks before it becomes obvious that the foundation for its investment strategies rests on untenable funding ideas?

The theory that equities provide superior long-term returns has been more or less demolished by some of the best minds in financial economics. In a major run at this subject in 2003, FP Comment presented the views of several debunkers of the equity myth, including Nobel winner Robert C. Merton, New York actuary Jeremy Gold and Boston University economist Zvi Bodie. They concluded, based on unassailable economic logic, that pension funds which invest in equities are engaging in risky investment strategies that cannot be depended on over the long term.

Should pension funds, corporate or public, invest in equities? No, they contend. As Jeremy Gold said then: "Defined-benefit [pension plans] destroy value by investing in equities." The main reason is that, over the long term, equities are risky and offer no certainty of return.

The pension industry acknowledged part of that message in recent years, when plans reduced their expectations of annual returns from equities. Where they used to run their pension models on the idea that equities would produce real returns of 6.5% above the consumer price index --implying nominal gains of more than 10% -- more realistic returns of 8% and less are now common.

But even those new lower expectations will have to be lowered again in the wake of the latest collapse in equities....

On the investment side, pension plans cover over their funding shortfalls first by assuming future returns on equities that, while possible, are not guaranteed. The assumption makes funds look healthier than they are, and drives their investments deeper into the stock market. Mr. Gold, in a 2006 paper, said this business of "anticipating equity risk premia before the risks are weathered," has a perverse impact. "The effect of swapping debt for equities within tax-sheltered pension plans generally destroys shareholder value." When the equities fail to produce anticipated returns, pension funds face major shortfalls.
    http://www.financialpost.com/analysi...8-756443a91680

Quote Originally Posted by Just Saying What's Fair
    You sound like you're playing victim here! Did you know when you applied to work at the municipality that you would be paying into the pension? Of course you did. If you didn't want to contribute then you should have applied to an FRS employer.

What people seem to be missing here, either intentionally or unintentionally, is that the total cost of an employee is a combination of their salary and what their benefits cost. So what if FRS employers pay all the retirement costs? The salaries of those FRS employees are usually lower than their municipal counterparts to balance it out.

What is being proposed in Tallahassee is a complete waste of everyone's time and the taxpayer money. Employers and employees have legally binding contracts in place. Any reduction in benefits that is mandated by the state will cause an increase in salary to balance everything out. My agency already has the money to pay my salary and pension contribution. If you make me pay some of what they contribute to my pension, the "savings" will come to me in salary to make the payments myself. Anything other than that would be a breach of contract.

Public employees have already had their pay cut, raises frozen or simply not given a raise in the latest contracts. That is how to properly deal with budget shortfalls. Trying to do so through the alteration of the pension system is turning something very simple into something very difficult and will definitely result in a slew of lawsuits. Changing the rules for those already in the game is absurd and illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Astonished Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by justus

This is the stuff I love to “extract” off of your boards. This is only sauce for the goose when it comes to proving that deputies use their positions of authority for retaliatory purposes. This is where LEO’s reveal themselves as stupid. Remember, this web site is available for anyone to see!
    Since anyone can come on here to read and write posts (like you), what makes you so certain this post was written by a deputy?

Astonished. I suggested no action that was illegal or improper. If you wish to extract, cutm or paste that somewhere, feel free.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast