Pension Bill 303 Introduced
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Re: Pension Bill 303 Introduced

Only thing I agree with in that bill is 10 years to vest, and sick/vacation buy out should not be calculated in your final earnings average.

The rest is a nightmare....Can you imagine the turn over!

http://www.flsenate.gov/public/GetFi...03%5F%5F%2EPDF

Actual bill....Like a heart surgeon using a chain saw.

I can only tell everyone this................If anything even remotely close to this "pension bill" goes into law, I foresee one of the biggest devastations to this office and law enforcement in the State of Florida. This is not a joke guiys & gals, this effects EVERY ONE OF US from a DAY ONE DEPUTY to the most SENIOR VETERANS. Can this State and these politicians step on our heads any harder! I cannot understate how much this is going to truly devastate HCSO and the little bit of morale that seems left. Really makes me want to go out there and run that fitness challenge! WTF!!!!!!!!

OMG :shock: :!: :shock: :!:

I'm telling you, this is a blessing in disguise for so many deputies. My exit package has already been filled out, I just need a reason. If any of these conditions pass...that will be my reason. Say hello to stress free life :devil:

And we thought the street was short handed now. If any of this B.S. passes they might as well call out the National Guard to patrol the streets of Hillsborough County, because who in their right mind will stay and put up with all this crap when they can leave and cash out before the date of the Apocalypse!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    And we thought the street was short handed now. If any of this B.S. passes they might as well call out the National Guard to patrol the streets of Hillsborough County, because who in their right mind will stay and put up with all this crap when they can leave and cash out before the date of the Apocalypse!
    http://www.irvingpd.com/
    still hiring
    no academy (laterals)
    starting pay dependent on previous years of serice

http://www.irvingpd.com/
    still hiring
    no academy (laterals)
    starting pay dependent on previous years of serice
    Gosh, remember back when HCSO was *THEE* place to work and everyone working at the office was SO PROUD to be part of the elite office in the area. The pay back then was the highest in the area and you just loved this job and the Pro-Leo atmosphere that rained down from the top. Now most of us can only look back and say the words "remember when", as this office tears us apart........our careers are threatened almost daily by a command staff that puts up barriers at every turn.....and now most of all.....our potential retirement Nest Egg is cracking at the shell and nearly ready to fall from it's nest for good. It appears that younger Deps will have no choice but to look elsewhere OUT OF STATE for law enforcement employment, at least for those whose desire hasn't been destroyed by this, while the veteran deps will be leaving in massive numbers and those that are left, will need to BAND TOGETHER and FIGHT TOGETHER, all the way to Tallahassee if need be. This is no time to sit back and hope for the best, because what has already been displayed as their best pension reform plan, is a worst case scenario for all of us.

Who will want to work for HCSO when they can go to TPD and retire at only 20 years service at any age?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast