Brace for impact - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Brace for impact

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Since Scott ran on the theme of "let's get to work" I hear that an undercover investigation is underway to identify all the slackers who will be the first to go. With all things being "unequal", the identity of slackers will be determined by what others have to say about you rather than what you say (or think) about yourself. Also, points will be awarded for those of you inclined to "drop a dime" on a fellow employee which in the eyes of many is an indication of the determination and fortitude of a person wanting to succeed. Look around you to see those already having reached that plateau. Need I say more?
    Hit the nail right on the head. You must be the ABT Sage?

Since Scott ran on the theme of "let's get to work" I hear that an undercover investigation is underway to identify all the slackers who will be the first to go. With all things being "unequal", the identity of slackers will be determined by what others have to say about you rather than what you say (or think) about yourself. Also, points will be awarded for those of you inclined to "drop a dime" on a fellow employee which in the eyes of many is an indication of the determination and fortitude of a person wanting to succeed. Look around you to see those already having reached that plateau. Need I say more?

If the gov gets his wish 15 positions will be cut from enforcement and 87 from auditing. For those keeping score, that is all the auditing positions. ABT funded positions will go from 190.75 to 175.75. You can view the proposed budget at letsgettowork.net.
    Keep in mind enforcement includes AAII's, GAII's, Staff Assistants, Non-sworn inspectors(we have 15 there alone), not just sworn LE...
    you could eliminate a chief, three majors and 11 lieutenants and no one would experience any loss of agency service. I donate my DPA for the newly unemployed to buy boxes. Everyone should have the right to move their whole career from office to home in a clean and suitable container. I watched a lt pack up an office like he was packing the crown jewels. I'm sure he wiuld be willing to help

you could eliminate a chief, three majors and 11 lieutenants and no one would experience any loss of agency service. I donate my DPA for the newly unemployed to buy boxes. Everyone should have the right to move their whole career from office to home in a clean and suitable container. I watched a lt pack up an office like he was packing the crown jewels. I'm sure he wiuld be willing to help
    Calm down sports fans... lets not start the finger pointing. All of the "They should take your job, not mine" crap is unnecessary. Obviously you don't care about others or you wouldn't have posted this. Remember, karma is a *****, not just a stripper's name. At the end of the day we don't want to see anyone lose a job.

By the way, you won the award for being the 1st a-hole to decide who is going and who is not. I was just waiting for the infighting over this to begin. You are nothing but a gutless, spineless turd!

You can call me any name you please, but I did notice you didn't dispute the statement. The supervisor to agent ratio is laughable. Too may chiefs not enough indians.

You can call me any name you please, but I did notice you didn't dispute the statement. The supervisor to agent ratio is laughable. Too may chiefs not enough indians.
    They need to get rid of half the agents in the state. To many agents not working. Get rid of half of the agents and put the other half to work or put them on the road. :devil:

First off, I would like to say I don't want to see anyone jobless when all is said and done. No matter how worthless you are as a supervisor or line level agent ( and yes, there are an equal amount of lazy agents as supervisors). No family should have to to endure that, let alone their kids. We all need to support eachother and have eachother's back. I know this is a difficult concept for some.

A few points to be made made though:

1. The 15 positions slashed is a proposal by Scott. Not written in stone. From what I have heard, once the legislature is done with it you will see ABT Enforcement needs to slash around. We have that in vacancies alone. Remember, this is positions slashed from the Chief position all the way down to the AAII. Not supervisors and agents we dislike.

2. If for some reason we do need to let people go, remember a crazy little thing called "seniority" folks. Some of the Laziest employess have the highest Alpha Numbers. They won't slash based on productivity or lack thereof. Same goes for supervisors.

3. If the retirement and DROP take some hits I imagine some people will leave anyways. Creating more vacancies at the end of the day.

I hope we all come out of this unscathed, but unfortunately we won't. Some how we will all take some hits!

First off, I would like to say I don't want to see anyone jobless when all is said and done. No matter how worthless you are as a supervisor or line level agent ( and yes, there are an equal amount of lazy agents as supervisors). No family should have to to endure that, let alone their kids. We all need to support eachother and have eachother's back. I know this is a difficult concept for some.
    A few points to be made made though:

1. The 15 positions slashed is a proposal by Scott. Not written in stone. From what I have heard, once the legislature is done with it you will see ABT Enforcement needs to slash around. We have that in vacancies alone. Remember, this is positions slashed from the Chief position all the way down to the AAII. Not supervisors and agents we dislike.

2. If for some reason we do need to let people go, remember a crazy little thing called "seniority" folks. Some of the Laziest employess have the highest Alpha Numbers. They won't slash based on productivity or lack thereof. Same goes for supervisors.

3. If the retirement and DROP take some hits I imagine some people will leave anyways. Creating more vacancies at the end of the day.

I hope we all come out of this unscathed, but unfortunately we won't. Some how we will all take some hits!

Get real. You sound like some bleeding heart leftist who would also say that the crackhead cocaine addict sitting on the porch waiting for his welfare check should not have to be drug tested because lo and behold we don't want that poor soul going hungry. Well, screw him and the likes of you. These are the reasons this country is so screwed up and as for ABT agents who are slugs and expect treatment the same as the crackhead, I say too bad. Enough is enough and if a changing of the guard results in a change of rank & file then so be it. Senority or not, people should be held accountable, obviously something that ABT employees are oblivious to.

If the gov gets his wish 15 positions will be cut from enforcement and 87 from auditing. For those keeping score, that is all the auditing positions. ABT funded positions will go from 190.75 to 175.75. You can view the proposed budget at letsgettowork.net.
    Keep in mind enforcement includes AAII's, GAII's, Staff Assistants, Non-sworn inspectors(we have 15 there alone), not just sworn LE...

You forgot the most useless rank of them all CAPTAIN. Have you seen what we have. Three females that are completly bonkers Margate, WPB and Jacksonville and the Tampa dump job male Captain that is scared of his own shadow. Get rid of all supervisors and this place would be better off.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast