Hiring experienced Officers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Hiring experienced Officers

If anyone knows of experienced officers that may be looking for a change, let me know. Here are a few of our requirements:

1. Tobacco free for 12 months prior to employment
    2. Must live within 25 miles of station upon hire date
    3. Must have an Associate's degree or higher
    4. All of FDLE's Minimum standards

If you are interested, contact the Recruiting Department at 407-877-4885.

Re: Hiring experienced Officers

Winter Garden Police is better off hiring non-educated rookies who dont know any better and are followers, not leaders. Winter Garden needs officers who wont speak up and will just accept things how they are and "go with the flow." Any officer that does the complete opposite, who speaks up when something is wrong or challenges the screwed up system there will get terminated.

Funny. This comment is probably coming from someone who did something wrong, got terminated and has a giant chip on their shoulder. Its not the department's fault you can not control yourself. Winter Garden has developed from a agency that was looked down upon to one of the leading agencies in Orange County. Just like ever agency out there, we have our issues, but disipline is not one of them, unless you are one of those guys that make your own rules and bring your old agency politics with you. We are a great "family" agency and Winter Garden is one of, if not the best cities to work for. I wish you luick in your life and career, even though you are not happy with our agency.

The website says no positions. Have they been filled? What is the starting pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Positive Attitude1
    Funny. This comment is probably coming from someone who did something wrong, got terminated and has a giant chip on their shoulder. Its not the department's fault you can not control yourself. Winter Garden has developed from a agency that was looked down upon to one of the leading agencies in Orange County. Just like ever agency out there, we have our issues, but disipline is not one of them, unless you are one of those guys that make your own rules and bring your old agency politics with you. We are a great "family" agency and Winter Garden is one of, if not the best cities to work for. I wish you luick in your life and career, even though you are not happy with our agency.

I am sure after JJ left that's when you guys most likely became one the leading agencies in the county. This guy comes to Clermont and made it worse then what it was before. Never seen an administrator that out right lies on his people because that do not kiss his ass! You guys stay safe!!!

Lightbulb Re: Hiring experienced Officers

Very nice response "Positive Attitude 1" but I will save my reply once your department is done being investigated by the Department of Labor and I have a feeling I will be very happy with your department.

No reply from Positive Attitude1 yet. Hmmm.....All those security checks are probably keeping him busy.

From what I hear, Winter Garden is not too "military friendly" after they put one of their officers in an Internal Affairs Investigation for using military leave and then terminated the guy. Now he has them by the balls.

Mr. Outspoken, I have not replied yet due to the fact that I have a job and have work to do. I am sorry that I do not stay online all day and stalk my previous employer. In reference to the comment about Winter Garden not being military friendly, you really need to due your homework before you start making statements like that. The I.A. is public record, take the time to go get iot and read it and then you will find the truth. Again this is just another one of those situations that an ex-employee makes stupid decisions and then wants to play the blame game. Again I am sorry you may have left on bad terms, but for everyone one else here, we are happy and wish you the best of luck. Have fun in the friendly skys.

I have a job also, just less work for more pay. The IA is public record and if your departments is as all that you make it to be, I'm sure they will come out of the investigation by the Department of Labor just fine. I'm sure the city attorney only refused to represent them because of his work load and not the fact that your department had dug themselves so far in a hole that he didn't want anything to do with the case. I'm sure the lawyer they hired who just graduated law school and is the 2nd newest attorney in his firm out of 80 attorneys can save your department. Please speak for yourself when you say everyone is happy there. Now I have to get back to playing in my puddle, not the friendly skies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast