BORROWS

Thread: BORROWS

BORROWS

On May 16, 2009, Detective Andrew Borrows was investigating an attempted murder in Riviera. That night, he worked with one other detective, Joseph Passaro. "There were no other detectives working and no supervisors working at this time," Borrows wrote in a statement obtained
    by prosecutors in the case. "I spoke to Detective Sergeant Galligan about three times by phone that evening."

Borrows worked through the night, writing search warrants, emailing them to the judge in the case. Around 11 p.m., he called Galligan to ask for a special response team to help execute the warrant. Galligan agreed at first, then told Borrows that the operation had been delayed until 6 a.m. the next day.

Borrows went home and continued working on an "operation plan" for the warrant until 1:35 a.m. When he returned to the office on the morning of May 17, he submitted an overtime slip for the extra labor, from 11 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. But Galligan submitted overtime paperwork for five hours -- from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. Borrows was not pleased.

"To the extent of my knowledge, at no time during the night did Detective Sergeant Galligan respond to the City in reference to my case," Borrows wrote in his statement. "He never reviewed any of my work. I had no contact with Sergeant Galligan after midnight when I began writing the operation plan at my house.

"The purpose of my calls to Sergeant Galligan were in order to give him information (that I had obtained probable cause) and to request an SRT [special response team]. I worked from 1500 hours until 0130 hours starting on 5/16/09, and did not see Sergeant Galligan during the day. Sergeant Galligan never indicated to me that he was in the office or the area. Sergeant Galligan never provided any direction or supervision whatsoever on my investigation or the associated paperwork."

Galligan, who retired in October 2009 after 23 years on the force, has not responded to a request for comment. Borrows declined to be interviewed.

Re: BORROWS

Quote Originally Posted by THANKS FOR TAKING HIM
    On May 16, 2009, Detective Andrew Borrows was investigating an attempted murder in Riviera. That night, he worked with one other detective, Joseph Passaro. "There were no other detectives working and no supervisors working at this time," Borrows wrote in a statement obtained
    by prosecutors in the case. "I spoke to Detective Sergeant Galligan about three times by phone that evening."

Borrows worked through the night, writing search warrants, emailing them to the judge in the case. Around 11 p.m., he called Galligan to ask for a special response team to help execute the warrant. Galligan agreed at first, then told Borrows that the operation had been delayed until 6 a.m. the next day.

Borrows went home and continued working on an "operation plan" for the warrant until 1:35 a.m. When he returned to the office on the morning of May 17, he submitted an overtime slip for the extra labor, from 11 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. But Galligan submitted overtime paperwork for five hours -- from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. Borrows was not pleased.

"To the extent of my knowledge, at no time during the night did Detective Sergeant Galligan respond to the City in reference to my case," Borrows wrote in his statement. "He never reviewed any of my work. I had no contact with Sergeant Galligan after midnight when I began writing the operation plan at my house.

"The purpose of my calls to Sergeant Galligan were in order to give him information (that I had obtained probable cause) and to request an SRT [special response team]. I worked from 1500 hours until 0130 hours starting on 5/16/09, and did not see Sergeant Galligan during the day. Sergeant Galligan never indicated to me that he was in the office or the area. Sergeant Galligan never provided any direction or supervision whatsoever on my investigation or the associated paperwork."

Galligan, who retired in October 2009 after 23 years on the force, has not responded to a request for comment. Borrows declined to be interviewed.

Maybe they will take vance and pasaro next !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

I doubt it after seeing how horribly Vance, Borrows and Passaro testa"lied" in the Toombs case. Congrats Toombs, the liars have been exposed

I doubt it after seeing how horribly Vance, Borrows and Passaro testa"lied" in the Toombs case. Congrats Toombs, the liars have been exposed

They haven't been exposed enough yet!!!!

VANCE

Quote Originally Posted by Isn't it obvious
    The reasons why Vance lied are obvious now. He wanted to be assigned to the Violent Crimes unit at PBSO. His work was inferior and the Chief of RBPD didn't want to send him there because he wasn't deserving. His best "friend" greg at the state attorney's office even asked the Chief to send Vance. Vance's ego couldn't handle the blow so he went to greg and cried like the ***** he is. Then he began to spin a web of lies about RBPD to get sympathy because according to him it was all a conspiracy to keep him down. Having been told of the lies and believing them greg went to his boss at the state attorney's office and they launched the investigation that led to the arrests of Toombs and Schneider. All based on the lies of a disgruntled Vance. Time went on and depositions started and vance's lies began to fall apart but the state attorney was in too deep. Vance then concocted the story that his life was in danger from rbpd employees. Guess who calls in a favor and gets Vance a job at PBSO. The Palm Beach County State Attorney. Remember pbso was under a hiring freeze at the time. Guess where Vance gets assigned. That's right Violent Crimes.

Why did borrows and passaro go along. They were fooled just like greg and the rest of the state attorney's office and by the time they figured it out it was too late.