New Org plan for State law Enforcement - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: New Org plan for State law Enforcement

I feel like the new SB 1434 ELIMINATES DOT/LE altogether? Anyone else actually read the bill? The whole provision from the statute authorizing DOT LEOs is eliminated? My concern is what happens to current DOT LEO? Read carefully please.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I feel like the new SB 1434 ELIMINATES DOT/LE altogether? Anyone else actually read the bill? The whole provision from the statute authorizing DOT LEOs is eliminated? My concern is what happens to current DOT LEO? Read carefully please.
    DOT LE isn't going away , as far as eliminated. No other agency is trained to do the job , and a 40 hour community college course doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by dontreadintoit
    DOT LE isn't going away , as far as eliminated. No other agency is trained to do the job , and a 40 hour community college course doesn't count.
    Exactly! The only difference will be whether MCC iss under DOT or DHSMV

Exactly! The only difference will be whether MCC iss under DOT or DHSMV
    Before you trooper wannabees get too excited, IF you end up under DHSMV, you will NOT wear a trooper's uniform. Your patch will change and that's it. Your car will not look like a trooper's patrol car either. If you want to be a trooper, you have to go through our academy....period. Oh, and most of you will need to lose about 50 pounds to get in.

Don't be too sure. How many of your own officers have you lost to other county and municipal agencies that have started their own CMV squads, and sent their own deputies and officers to get CVSA certified to do multi-level inspections? The answer: more than a few. NO ONE IS INDISPENSABLE! Don't get ****y; instead, work on fine-tuning your craft so that there may be others that can do the job, but no one better and only a few as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Uh Oh!
    Don't be too sure. How many of your own officers have you lost to other county and municipal agencies that have started their own CMV squads, and sent their own deputies and officers to get CVSA certified to do multi-level inspections? The answer: more than a few. NO ONE IS INDISPENSABLE! Don't get ****y; instead, work on fine-tuning your craft so that there may be others that can do the job, but no one better and only a few as good.
    [url]/url]

Only a handful...yes handful have gone to maybe 2 other agencies to do cmv work. Trust me I know and I am sure....

That doesn't account for the county and municipal LEOs that have started their own CMV squads, and across the state not just in South Florida. Trust me I know...

Our agency funds the CMV squads your talking about trooper.........Sorry I guess we are special. Unlike you, not everybody can do our job. I have changed tires, wrote speeding tickets, worked wrecks and DUI's...........your job is a joke. Just be glad the sheriffs want to keep you around.........................for now.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG
    Our agency funds the CMV squads your talking about trooper.........Sorry I guess we are special. Unlike you, not everybody can do our job. I have changed tires, wrote speeding tickets, worked wrecks and DUI's...........your job is a joke. Just be glad the sheriffs want to keep you around.........................for now.
    C'mon let's not fight with each other. We have other issues rather than this "my job is more important than yours" crap. Police work is not rocket science, plain and simple. Let's all get along and stand up against this Gov who is trying to destroy our benefits. - SE FL Trooper

Not to mention they are given DOT authority by our colonel!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast