New Uniform Ribbon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Uniform Ribbon

I saw a ribbon on one of the newer deputy’s uniform. It had a bell on it. When I asked the deputy what the bell on the ribbon stood for, he said it was for those recruits that survived the bell down at S.O.T. He said all the recruits that made it through without ringing the bell, got the ribbons with a bell on them.

This got me thinking. I think that when the Gee regime is finally over, everyone who survives it should get a ribbon with the letter “G” on it.

What do you think?

Re: New Uniform Ribbon

Does it include a T-shirt & hat :?:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Does it include a T-shirt & hat :?:
    Sure for $25 bucks. Just kiddin'.

leoaffairs drive by folks.... On a good note the Bucs had a winning record and NASCAR kicks off another fun filled season next month.

Now I've heard it all. For the love of God. Does the stupidity ever end at this place? Who is the idiot whispering in the sheriff's ear saying this sounds good?

I saw a ribbon on one of the newer deputy’s uniform. It had a bell on it. When I asked the deputy what the bell on the ribbon stood for, he said it was for those recruits that survived the bell down at S.O.T. He said all the recruits that made it through without ringing the bell, got the ribbons with a bell on them.

This got me thinking. I think that when the Gee regime is finally over, everyone who survives it should get a ribbon with the letter “G” on it.

What do you think?
    I think I don't believe your story.

:roll:

Nope, its a fact. I've seen them as well amd had to ask the same question. :snicker:

What do you think?
    If you ring the bell you are thrown out......... right?

Logic dictates that every new hire who hits the street will have the bell ribbon, and eventually everyone will have a bell ribbon. Kind of cheapens the value of the decoration, which essentially announces "I got hired" which is evident by the fact that you are standing there in uniform.

:snicker:

I got a ribbons with a "$" on it. It represents the fact that i only come to work for a paycheck becuse this place sucks.

I got a ribbons with a "$" on it. It represents the fact that i only come to work for a paycheck becuse this place sucks.
    Yup and I heard the warehouse had a flood of requests for them and that they are cuurently on back order!

Been at the office for about 11 years and I remain working the street at my own choosing. I honestly feel that anyone that comes into this job for the right reasons, would want to work the street as long as possible and I guess I still feel that way. When I do decide it's time to transfer elsewhere, I will be confident that I can handle any situation based upon my vast experience obtained by working the street as long as possible.

What I am getting at above, is that I see a tremendous lack of motivation, pride and integrity from the top on down at HCSO these days. Nobody...and I mean NOBODY, looks forward to coming into work anymore within the patrol district I am currently assigned to on the East side. It seems not so many years ago that I would often confer with fellow squad mates who just "loved" this job and the Hillsborough Sheriff's Office. Now, I have ZERO fellow squad mates that currently love this job and whom are rather VERY disgruntled with the office. When asked why, they certainly do not hold back their feelings of disappointment with the current administration for seemingly not listening to "the voices" of it's people and the absolute lack of communication. They strongly feel that they have no support at all right now from this administration and that most are very fearful to do their jobs because of the way other deputies have been treated and punished with all the new regulations in place. One of the big ones is the new "Crash" policy, where deputies are losing their vehicles for multiple days and weeks, even though some of the crashes have involved extenuating circumstances, such as where the deputy was enroute to help another deputy calling for help. Another big disappointment has been the lack of this administration to take into account or even remotely act like they care about persons "age & injury history" before placing strict guidelines on the new PAA and (supposedly voluntary) Fitness Challenge, when completion of the Fitness Challenge is "mandatory" to go anywhere within the office other than patrol?

Obviously the above represents only a small portion of why people are so unhappy these days at the Hillsborough Sheriff's Office. Add into the mix that the long awaited and severely overdue "step plan" has been trampled upon and broken by this administration, after promising that things would be so much better if the "union" was voted out? Along with the broken step plan, there has been no pay raises year after year and now the new Governor wants to do away with the current State funded Pension Plan that is one of the few bright spots left in this job at the Hillsborough Sheriff's Office.

Should we all be very thankful to have a job...........absolutely "YES". The fact is though, this used to be so much more then just a "job" and you used to be able to depend on each other, especially leadership, to help ease the obvious stressers that are inherited daily with this line of work and make you feel as though they have your back. Currently this administration is one of the biggest "stressers" of all, particularly when persons at & near the top show no regard at all for their troops as they continually make very unpopular and career halting decisions affecting many once dedicated deputies & supervisors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb decoration
    Logic dictates that every new hire who hits the street will have the bell ribbon, and eventually everyone will have a bell ribbon. Kind of cheapens the value of the decoration, which essentially announces "I got hired" which is evident by the fact that you are standing there in uniform. :snicker:
    Makes sence to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast