Reserve Program
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reserve Program

Reserve Program

Does DEP still support a Reserve Officer Progam?
    I have full standards and would like to volunteer to keep current.
    If so, how are they utilized, is there a role for them etc.
    Thank you.

Re: Reserve Program

Most of your answers can be found by using your search engine and look for Florida DEP, go to programs, law enforcement, then Park police. It will be listed on the right hand side near the bottom.
    Additional info can be found in the general orders which can be found on the same page under resources and links, general orders, ch 2-10.
    As for whether or not they are accepting applications at this time, you need to speak to Mona Strickland. Her number is under contacts

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Does DEP still support a Reserve Officer Progam?
    I have full standards and would like to volunteer to keep current.
    If so, how are they utilized, is there a role for them etc.
    Thank you.

RC, you answered this so well. You make us puke. :mrgreen:

DEP Reserve program is excellent as is DEP in general.Takes a while to get in.You must go threw the complete hiring process and new officer training.Must also complete FTO within a year.When you are done,you can patrol solo.Good deal for the DEP and the Reserve Officer.My experence with DEP Command,Training and Dist.Supervisors is very good.

RO DEP/DEP

Sorry, it's not RC. I'm an officer in the SW district attempting to give a straightforward answer to a request for information.

Quote Originally Posted by guestalways

Thank you for all the information. All have been very helpful.
    Thanks again.

Sorry, it's not RC. I'm an officer in the SW district attempting to give a straightforward answer to a request for information.

Ha, you handle crimes like you handle questions.....pass it off and refer it elsewhere. Good job, dummy.

Ha, you handle crimes like you handle questions.....pass it off and refer it elsewhere. Good job, dummy.
    If this is a sample of the way you perform your duties as a LEO, it is probably safe to assume you no longer work here. Instead of offering assistance to someone, you would prefer to hurl insults and accusations. Grow up and move on.

they stopped taking applications in or around mid 2009. This was when a real cop (Captain) was supervising it, then some jackwagon desk jockey Captain or Chief came in and messed it up. They had the blessing of HB and company. Sad to see volunteers turned away.

The program was altered and cut back based on what I understand was "dead weight" people absuing the system. It was great when a certian ASA from S. FL was running it. Now, not so much I hear. Check with your local PD or SO

:evil:

Captains - "real cops" are you kidding me? :snicker:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast