Brotherhood? HAH! - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Brotherhood? HAH!

Please stop comparing all of us to the North or East Coast. Im sure even J would say that 99% of the street cops here would not of pulled this crap off, CG did and he's probably the only one who would! The whole agency is in an uproar about this, and its not because they are mad at J!! So whats that tell you? Not to mention the fact that it sounds like it was a bad arrest anyway! Sounds like it was a personal thing to me, CG got his shot, and he took it!!

worked for CCSO for more than 25 years. I've heard the details and it makes me sad (sick) to see we have this type of person working. (Yes he was there when I was working but we never worked together, I doubt he could INVESTIGATE his rear end with both hands)

This individual needs to be watched closely and EVERYTHING he does should be documented. Should this "hit the press" he may be lauded as a "honest cop" which is expected but I doubt his motivation had anything to do with integrity.

My hope are the admin will figure out a way to deal with him, it may take a little time but I'm hopeful they will. I was directly involved with the arrests of at least (3) CCSO deputies during my tenure. In each and every case I felt the person was guilty and I due to the nature of the offenses and the way they were reported I had no other "options" nor was I EVER criticized by anyone.

So Mr. CS.... that IS your wake up call. (Time to move on)

So Mr. CS.... that IS your wake up call. (Time to move on)
    Sorry... Mr. CG.

Thanks CG, you succeeded in ruining a guys life, getting rid of a great cop, and forcing one of the true breaths of fresh air in this place to leave! And you didnt have to do it!! You make us all sick!

This is definitely a sad situation! But what I don't understand is how it makes it ok if you are a deputy to drink and drive and if you are caught you should be "let go". It is a shame to lose such a great person but there are still rules that have to be followed and you are not invincible because you are a Law Enforcement Officer, you are still intitle to obey the law even more so because you would enforce the law if you pulled over just a regular citizen.

OK. What happened happened. J made a mistake, CG could have handled it much better, and everyone agrees that most of us would have done so. It is what it is and we all have to get past it. The bottom line is that when you are out on the street and you come into a situation, if you don't handle it yourself and instead start calling watch commanders and others, you throw away any opportunity of rectifying the situation yourself. Let's not let this one unfortunate moment overshadow the rest of us. J was and is a good cop and will be again once he gets past this.

Merry Christmas everybody.

There was no indication he was "drinking while driving", and having a drink or two and then driving is NOT necessarily illegal. I stopped hundreds of people in my day and many admitted they had a few drinks at dinner but were not drunk. If I felt they were not impaired and the ORIGINAL STOP was for only an infraction (Minimal speeding/rolling through a stop sign and not a hosts of violations or observations that would be used to support a charge. From what I understand there was NO infraction in this case other than speeding alone. Most of us who have worked in the business for more than a month have NOT ARRESTED 100's of people who may have been a little over the limit but they were not comfortable enough to make a charge against someone knowing it could have serious consequences on that individual and his family.

There have been many instances where an officer would call a relative to drive an individual home IF he felt it was a borderline case. While I don't condone that practice it has been done MANY TIMES because the officer was using his heart rather than his EGO. based on the limited information I've heard in this case there's little chance the SAO would file DUI charges, there's no driving observation other than speeding, no sobriety test and no breathalyzer. He may have an issue with the refusal but may be it.

No one is suggesting he should have "got off" because he was an officer but rather it could have been handled the SAME WAY as many regular citizens are dealt with every day. Not everyone gets a ticket who's stopped for a traffic violation and NOT everyone who's stopped on there way home from dinner ant local Elks Clubs who's had a couple get arrested either. C.G chose to mess up a man's life & career and at Christmas time for heavens sake when it appears by all accounts he had other options. C.G. should seriously consider resigning.

Quote Originally Posted by CCSO-Retired
    There was no indication he was "drinking while driving", and having a drink or two and then driving is NOT necessarily illegal. I stopped hundreds of people in my day and many admitted they had a few drinks at dinner but were not drunk. If I felt they were not impaired and the ORIGINAL STOP was for only an infraction (Minimal speeding/rolling through a stop sign and not a hosts of violations or observations that would be used to support a charge. From what I understand there was NO infraction in this case other than speeding alone. Most of us who have worked in the business for more than a month have NOT ARRESTED 100's of people who may have been a little over the limit but they were not comfortable enough to make a charge against someone knowing it could have serious consequences on that individual and his family.

There have been many instances where an officer would call a relative to drive an individual home IF he felt it was a borderline case. While I don't condone that practice it has been done MANY TIMES because the officer was using his heart rather than his EGO. based on the limited information I've heard in this case there's little chance the SAO would file DUI charges, there's no driving observation other than speeding, no sobriety test and no breathalyzer. He may have an issue with the refusal but may be it.

No one is suggesting he should have "got off" because he was an officer but rather it could have been handled the SAME WAY as many regular citizens are dealt with every day. Not everyone gets a ticket who's stopped for a traffic violation and NOT everyone who's stopped on there way home from dinner ant local Elks Clubs who's had a couple get arrested either. C.G chose to mess up a man's life & career and at Christmas time for heavens sake when it appears by all accounts he had other options. C.G. should seriously consider resigning.

Amen brother, I couldn't had said it better.

I have worked with jj and he is a cops cop. He would always have your back and would never screw over another cop. What CG did has got to be one of the most disgraceful things I've seen in a while. He had a personal axe to grind against jj and that's it. CG is a two-faced hypocritical a-hole. Period. I don't know how he can show his face around HQ.

JJ, I am truly sorry that you got screwed over by that POS. I hope everything works out for you in the end and you come out on top. CG however will always be on the bottom of the barrel.

Hey all, I work for North Port and know JJ from the gym. I hope you guys take care of CG and make sure he feels welcome down there!! HE better not ever come up here hauling ass on his motorcycle like he does! What a hypocrite!! JJ's an awesome guy, he didnt deserve this crap!!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast