Sgt. Whitmore

Thread: Sgt. Whitmore

Sgt. Whitmore

We will all miss you Sgt. Wes Whitmore to those of us who were lucky eneough to know and work with you over the years. I for one had the opportunity to work with Wes, patrol, BSI, and general crimes. Wes was a leader and always helped his fellow deputies to make an arrest, be backup, assist with affidavits, assist with range duties. Wes was well respected in the agency it is a true loss for his family, Polk deputies, and the citizens of Polk County . Wes made a difference in his community as a respected deputy. Wes always talked of his grand children and family but most of all Wes was proud of his days as a ranking member of the United States Air force. Wes enjoyed what he did thanks Wes for what you did for everyone who knew you . Wes you will be missed by former deputy .

Re: Sgt. Whitmore

RIP Brother, sorry to hear about this tragedy.

I enjoyed working for Sgt. Whitmore. He always provided relief from a stressful day with his jokes and laughter. As a deputy who worked under him, I will always remember and thank him for adding to the person I am today. It still has not sunk in that he is 10-87 and wont be advising 10-86 anymore but I know he will be running the streets besides each and every one of us. Rest in peace Sgt.

To all the members of the PCSO,

Sorry about your loss. Wes was a great guy and I worked with him before I retired. You are all in my prayers.

Pete Karashay (Ret. PCSO)

We have lost a great person, employee, and a wonderful sergeant this past Sunday. Though I never worked under Sgt. Whitmore or beside him when he worked as a GCU detective, I have came in contact with him on many occasions through out the years. He was always sincere and a person that anyone would love to be around. Even though he knew his job and with the past experience he had, he never was egotistical; never had that 'I'm better then you because I'm now a supervisor attitude' like some supervisors and employees we have.

If you had an issue with something, at the very least, he would listen to you. He would always try to help you. If you had an idea that would better improve something, he would back you and try to get your idea out there. He never took the credit for someone elses work. He was reliable and trust worthy. He was a family man who absolutely loved his wife and children, which whom he talked highly about.

When he was promoted, he was one of those that we all said 'he would make a great supervisor' and he, unlike some, rightfully deserved to be a supervisor. When he became a Sergeant, he never let us down, he stayed who he was and never changed.

He would answer calls if his shift was extremely busy. He never lost his temper that I saw and he would always help people to his fullest extent. He hated saying, 'I cant help you with that problem' He would say, let's find a way.

For those of you who knew him, we know what we lost. For those of you who never met him, you missed out on a great person.

Wes, may you rest in peace knowing that we love you, we miss you, and we wish none of this ever happened.

May God bless, you are now truly a Guardian Angel over us.

Fundraiser (Pre-Sales Only)

In Memory Of
    SGT. WES WHITMORE

$20.00 per slab RIBS RIBS RIBS RIBS $20.00 per slab
    Ribs will be ready for pick-up on:
    January 15, 2011 from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
    @
    Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 46
    125 W. Brannen Road, Lakeland, FL

Deadline for Purchasing Tickets: Monday, January 10, 2011 @ Noon

Tickets available at several locations: Sheriff’s Office/Probation & Parole/FDLE/Lakeland Police Department.

Questions??
    Contact Linda Johnson by e-mail @: sgtwhitmore3996@aol.com

Cash Donations may be sent to P.O. Box 626, Auburndale, FL 33823; or through any Mid Florida Credit Union Branch under account: Sgt. Wes Whitmore Memorial Fund.

(100% of profits will be donated to Sgt. Whitmore’s family)

Ribs prepared by Newman BBQ