Upstairs

Thread: Upstairs

Upstairs

Got a phone call today from a person "in the know". Rumor is that they have identified the poster on this site who was posting degrading information about the Chief and other personnel on here. Ironically, there was a email from City Hall today outlining policies on social media sites whether on or off duty. The person has been identified to me today and was I shocked. I would have never thought it was that person. If you would like to know, just ask me. No for the bread and butter. Although I agree that we should not air our dirty laundry here on a public place, nor should we form clicks and talk smack about others. But the fact remains, its going to happen. It will always happen and it will probably only get worse.
    One thing that needs to happen ASAP is a mustard meeting with the Chief. For those of you that dont know what a mustard meeting is. It is a meeting where all persons are required to attend at the given time and date. It would then be a free for all. Let it out, tell them what upsets you. I for one was starting think things were really going in the right direction, even though I go from call to call with no help/ I still can deal with it.

Lightbulb Re: Upstairs

Quote Originally Posted by To Scared To Post
    Got a phone call today from a person "in the know". Rumor is that they have identified the poster on this site who was posting degrading information about the Chief and other personnel on here. Ironically, there was a email from City Hall today outlining policies on social media sites whether on or off duty. The person has been identified to me today and was I shocked. I would have never thought it was that person. If you would like to know, just ask me. No for the bread and butter. Although I agree that we should not air our dirty laundry here on a public place, nor should we form clicks and talk smack about others. But the fact remains, its going to happen. It will always happen and it will probably only get worse.
    One thing that needs to happen ASAP is a mustard meeting with the Chief. For those of you that dont know what a mustard meeting is. It is a meeting where all persons are required to attend at the given time and date. It would then be a free for all. Let it out, tell them what upsets you. I for one was starting think things were really going in the right direction, even though I go from call to call with no help/ I still can deal with it.
    Screw the Chief, City hall and the rest of the so called admin in this hole. Who the hell do they think they are obammy and eric holder? Trying to trample on freedom of speech and the constituional rights our founding fathers gave us? Hell no!! Post away my friends. They can't do a dang thing about it nor can hey get your our identity. If they do thru illegal means then they can pay the piper :shock:

Re: Upstairs

Quote Originally Posted by NOT
    Quote Originally Posted by To Scared To Post
    Screw the Chief, City hall and the rest of the so called admin in this hole. Who the hell do they think they are obammy and eric holder? Trying to trample on freedom of speech and the constituional rights our founding fathers gave us? Hell no!! Post away my friends. They can't do a dang thing about it nor can hey get your our identity. If they do thru illegal means then they can pay the piper :shock:

You might want to read a little Supreme Court case law about internet forums and the First Amendment as you act so cavalierly. From the Supreme Court case Reno v. ACLU, 1997

“Through the use of chat rooms, any person with a phone line can become a town crier with a voice that resonates farther than it could from any soapbox. Through the use of Web pages, mail exploders and newsgroups, the same individual can become a pamphleteer. As the District Court found, ‘the content of the Internet is as diverse as human thought.’ We agree with its conclusion that our cases provide no basis for qualifying the level of First Amendment scrutiny that should be applied to this medium.”

How do you think it is that folks loose there jobs for what they post on Facebook, MySpace, etc.? Happens all the time.