Gary Don O'Neal - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gary Don O'Neal

Re: Gary Don O'Neal

Who was Gary O and wheres this alleged lawsuit? If I was his orphans I would first ask myself "WHY WAS DADDY IN JAIL"? Drugs? Then I would be thinking about the inspirational message my Daddy left behind.

Anyway, thank you Scotty for spearheading the RW 2005 Dhillon Report. Well you sure did some changes you should be proud of. Doing your ride alongs you saw first hand those lazy cops and new WMPD had to have change. Hey SN do some ride alongs NOW and you can see the "ball of fire" cops your old boy RP hired. Better yet, pick up the police blotter and look at all those house burglaries.....one after the other, after the other. The worse case of corruption the City has ever seen and you're still writing checks. DS has to be siting in Ft Myers laughing her as_ off. What better way to memorialize the best Chief WM ever had then by PUTTING HIS NAME ON THE SIDE OF THE BUILDING. :evil:

"WMPDSUCKSRally"]Yoy guys are the most unprofessional, backstabbing rats that have ever been assembled in one Police Department. You meany that could not got hired elsewhere just continue to berate your fellow brothers from FT Lauderdale. At least they got hired by a respectable agency. Certified or not WMPD will never get the respect that they so desperately crave!![/quote]

I was directly involved in getting RP run out of town and you know my position in FLDP. Any questions????? :evil:[/quote]

As a long time business owner in Wilton Manors I really hope this police department gets righted within the next year but I do not think it will. First of all the PD has NO support within the City Commission about funding it at a level as to sustain itself. And I can tell you the ringleader is Commissioner Scott Newton and Julie " all I want to do is win re-election" Carson second. In talking to a patrol officer Newton's connections with the fired Chief Richard Perez will be coming out as the negociations sour. Both are snakes in the grass with Gary " lets spend money on my league of city trips" Resinck not far behind. Newton has the brain of a ****roach ( well maybe not that big) and it is all about him. Carson like Newton has a great it's all about me attitude but her past from nashville may be catching up with her. Resnick thinks he leads the City but I can tell you as a business owner if they titled a TV series about him it would be" lost in space". Galatis talks a good game and can be influenced but really has no sense to which way the city should plan its future. And well Tom Green is it happy hour yet? These people have been talking a lot at the Monday meetings to impress about their financial concerns with regards to the city and I can tell you the PD is down on their list. I do not live in Wilton Manors but in Deerfield Beach and feel better protected. Good Luck for 2012.

It has been three years. Gary Don O’Neal is remembered.

Yes, another holiday season the O’Neal children will be fatherless.

A Christmas/Chanukkah thought for our PD. Deuteronomy 15:11

Some S. Fla. cops routinely leave work early, short shifting taxpayers, investigation shows
    by SALLY KESTIN, SUN SENTINEL DEC. 8, 2012
    READ LATER
    Sun Sentinel examines Sun Pass records to see if cops are leaving before their scheduled shifts are over.

Even in these tough times, some South Floridians have jobs that let them skip out of work, take long lunches, knock off early on Fridays and still collect a full day's pay. Who are they? Cops at local police departments, and taxpayers are footing the bill.

Longer workdays have become the rule for many employees since the U.S. and local economy tanked. But the Sun Sentinel found the workplace has been kinder to some policemen and women: Paid to serve and protect, they regularly leave their beats and cities before their shifts are over.

The story is told by the cops' SunPass toll records. Comparing them with police officers' time sheets, the newspaper found police from Plantation to Miami claiming they'd worked a full shift but heading home early.

The practice has cost police departments untold thousands of dollars in unearned salaries, but the impact goes far beyond the dent in taxpayers' wallets. Whether police officers are vanishing with or without their commanders' knowledge, it's proof of a major management problem, law enforcement experts say.

It also can be risky. Cops who skip out may endanger fellow officers who depend on them for backup in emergencies.

The bottom line: "Citizens are paying for police protection they're not getting," said Dennis Kenney, a former Florida police officer who is now a professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York.

Many neighborhoods do not have enough police protection as it is, said Patti Lynn, president of the nonprofit Broward Coalition of homeowners and business associations. "When somebody goes home early," she said, "it jeopardizes the health and safety of every citizen."

Among cops, it's no secret that some know how to game the system. On the law enforcement blog Leoaffairs.com, anonymous posters have been writing for years about "early birds flying the coop," trains departing the station, and cops signing off duty from their living rooms.

"You've never slid out early and went 10-7 [out of service] from your bed?" one poster asked.

Because police work can be grueling, unpredictable and sometimes hard to reconcile with the responsibilities of a spouse or parent, many departments give officers some leeway.

Some supervisors allow cops to leave early as comp time without recording it or even permit entire shifts to go home after another squad has come on duty. In Plantation, for instance, officers often report for duty about 15 minutes before their shift formally begins, so the brass allows some flexibility as to when they can head home.

Open relatively minor give-and-take in scheduling is one thing. But the Sun Sentinel found other more egregious work habits in the commuting histories of South Florida police officers. Using the same SunPass data it mined earlier this year to document widespread police speeding, the Sun Sentinel's investigation revealed:

• A major in Davie left work after less than a full day two-thirds of the time over nine months, cutting out especially early on Fridays. The 23-year veteran announced his retirement two days after the Sun Sentinel shared its findings with a town councilman.

• Father-and-son officers in Plantation already had made it to a tollbooth in Palm Beach County — 30 miles away — by the time their shifts ended on most days. Together, they spent 182 hours of scheduled work time outside the city over 15 months. That's 4 1/2 workweeks.

• A Miami officer headed home 30 minutes to four hours early on dozens of occasions. A fellow officer arrived to work late, as much as three hours after her shift started, on nearly one of every five days.

• A detective in Plantation regularly went home to Coconut Creek for one- to three-hour lunches; his officer wife worked less than a full eight-hour day three-quarters of the time.

"This whole thing opened our eyes," said Erik Funderburk, Plantation's deputy police chief. "The bottom line is we're accountable to be here."

Police brass in that city have resorted to randomly calling entire squads back to the station to ensure officers are where they're supposed to be. They first became aware of a problem in January, when the Sun Sentinel alerted them to SunPass records showing cops driving their patrol cars in excess of 90 mph — just going back and forth to work.

The toll records, with a simple date and time stamp, now have provided grounds for discipline and internal affairs investigations across South Florida police departments. Experts say the problems exposed are likely more widespread because only cops who have police-issued SunPass transponders and regularly drive on toll roads have come under scrutiny.

To find officers who skipped out, the Sun Sentinel examined records of 46 commuters from police departments in Sunrise, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, Davie, Miami and Miami Beach from late 2010 through early 2012 — officers whose toll times showed them leaving their cities before their shifts ended. Their SunPass times then were compared to shift assignments and records of hours worked.

Officer Friendly, while I appreciate your Norman Rockwell-esk feel good about police posts - how do you reconcile your posts to the Gary Don O’Neal incident? Happy New Year to the O’Neal children.

Quote Originally Posted by JH Griffin
    Officer Friendly, while I appreciate your Norman Rockwell-esk feel good about police posts - how do you reconcile your posts to the Gary Don O’Neal incident? Happy New Year to the O’Neal children.
    Sorry JH Griffin, I have not posted anything on this section about Gary Don O'Neal.

Exclamation Re: Gary Don O'Neal

Mind your own business, everybody! FYI THEY ARE NOT ORPHANS!!!! THEY HAVE A WONDERFUL MOTHER... I WOULD KNOW

Exclamation Re: Gary Don O'Neal

Quote Originally Posted by JH Griffin
    Thank you, it has been almost 4 years now but we managed to to survive with our mother after the incident... and btw, he was killed. you people all have the story wrong. only we as a family, would know the truth.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123