K-9 - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: K-9

Re: K-9

NAPLLL KAY NIIIIIINE FIFTEENN. SHAZZEL FRAZZEL MUMBLE JUMBLE TEEEEEEN EIGHTYYYYYY SEMMMMIN

Good for the SGT to have a desire to do something and the dedication to eventually accomplish his goals. A lot of people are friends with the Chief. That does not mean that this is the reason he was placed into that position unless you have facts that you would like to share. The more obvious reason he was chosen was becasue he was already a K9 supervisor and they merged the units. Not sure how knowing the Chief had anything to do with that unless there was another K9 SGT in the agency that no one knew about.

I too question some of the positions granted within their unit. From the outside it looks like the older guys were pushed to the back of the line with the exception of RR but even he is behind WG in the chain of command.

As someone else already stated; experience and dedication does not mean much in this agency. Its all about a popularity contest. Those that are liked will be advanced despite their knowledge or experience. But this goes on in all police departments and civillian businesses. Its the American way...

CS, PM, and RR have outstanding experience and are real good at the job. SP, JT, TS, and the other canine wanabes have a long way to go. That unit is messed up and has a long way to be respected like it use to be. Maybe HM will help keep them on track and regain the road respect they had many years ago, HM is no joke and is a outstanding manager. That unit seems to be full of conflict. CS seems to be outcasted for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. from D-8
    CS, PM, and RR have outstanding experience and are real good at the job. SP, JT, TS, and the other canine wanabes have a long way to go. That unit is messed up and has a long way to be respected like it use to be. Maybe HM will help keep them on track and regain the road respect they had many years ago, HM is no joke and is a outstanding manager. That unit seems to be full of conflict. CS seems to be outcasted for some reason.
    Maybe CS is just so darn happy all the time, that no one can stand it. Is his new dog as happy as the last one? His kindness is killing them... :wink:

[quote=Happy Times]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Sgt. from D-8":uqo76n75
    Maybe CS is just so darn happy all the time, that no one can stand it. Is his new dog as happy as the last one? His kindness is killing them... :wink:[/quote:uqo76n75]

Now that is funny, he does always seem unhappy and mean. :evil:

I usually only read these blogs but I feel the need to pass on my observations. I have been here for a long time and I have seen many handlers come and go but the two that stick out the most out of all of these years looking for people is CS and PM.

If CS is on a track you can bet that if he picks up the scent that he will not stop until he finds his man!! I once watched CS track in the most thickest of brush and hardest of terrain in this county. He went for hours and when his dog got tired he took a knee and waited for him to rest and then continued on. About 8 hours later he caught his guy. The man is relentless!! He might not be the friendliest guy if he does not know you but once you know him there will be no doubt about his capabilities. If you ever want to break the ice with him just tell him you love him and give him a hug. That tough exterior will melt and you will cause him to smile :wink:

The next guy that stands out in all of my years is PM. He too is an excellent handler and if he tells you he has nothing then you can bet your paycheck that he has nothing. He too is relentless and will give 110% no matter how brutal the elements are. I know when he shows up to my scene we will have a great chance of getting our guy.

The new guys really need to watch, listen and learn from the older guys if they want any chance at all to be as good. It takes years to develop the skills that CS, PM and RR have; you cant do it over night and there are no shortcuts. The new guys need to be patient and give credit where credit is due. If I were in charge I would pair up a new guy with an old guy as a team so the skills can be passed down to the up and coming heros.

As some others have said, I too am a little taken back at the rank structure within the unit. The older guys must be saddened in their hearts to be cast to the end of the line with no designation of respect for what they have given or know. I too like WG but seriously, one of the older guys really need to be k920; they have earned it and we desrve it.

Good luck to all of them and I look forward to working with any one of them on my next call!

"If you ever want to break the ice with him just tell him you love him and give him a hug. That tough exterior will melt and you will cause him to smile :wink: "

I hug everyone and sometimes get punched.

Things will not change in that unit, they have beat two of the best down, PM and CS. One is really beat down, it shows and has for some time. JP and WG will always run things in that unit, what a shame. Neither are good at the dog thing, however politics and ????? will keep them in place. DM, is just on the fence. RR, just a do boy that wants promoted. Being around and know some of them, the unit needs redone and start over with two senior guys, CS and PM and put someone with out backdoor politics in play as a working Sgt. BB, GM, or AO would be a good start at looking for a good SGT. I am not sure why we even have so many dog teams, what do they do and where are they when we need them. Maybe next budget they will down size........Hang in there CS and PM, us road guys have your backs.

For everyone that thinks the old K9 unit was the greatest I would encourage you to speak with T.E and N.G Take a moment and ask why two of the better K9 deputies left the unit, I think you would be a little surprised by the so called "mustache guys" and how wonderful they are.

Which one sounds like ELVIS on the radio?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast