**** Greco Announcing his Candidacy for Mayor of Tampa
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

**** Greco Announcing his Candidacy for Mayor of Tampa

**** Greco is going to announce his candidacy for Mayor of Tampa today, Monday November 29th, 2010, 1st floor at the Intercontinental Hotel, located at 4860 W. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa.

This is wonderful news for all retirees!!

If Greco were to be elected Mayor of Tampa, he would settle our lawsuit, and the concerns of all of retirees!

Since leaving office the retirees have been in constant contact with Greco and he is fully supportive of the retiree’s issues and is adamant that all retirees share in all benefit enhancements to our pension plan.

We need to get as many TPD & TFR retirees to be there, as we can!!

Re: **** Greco Announcing his Candidacy for Mayor of Tampa

Great news for retirees........who do they think is going to pay for their benifits? We are.
    Greco needs to go away. His time has come and gone and we need to look somewhere else.
    Just what we need,Taylor,Boushell and Siling coming back.

OK PBA, now who are you going to support or should I say "we" going to support? I am sure you will poll the members like always. Just like the Sink ship that sunk. You never answered why there weren't any state employees on any of those ads. Only TPD, which equals a small town with small minds. Whatever happened to picking your battles wisely?

Quote Originally Posted by POLEO
    OK PBA, now who are you going to support or should I say "we" going to support? I am sure you will poll the members like always. Just like the Sink ship that sunk. You never answered why there weren't any state employees on any of those ads. Only TPD, which equals a small town with small minds. Whatever happened to picking your battles wisely?
    You dumb arse, there were state employees on that add, Marion County Sheriff, and several key state prosecutors. WATCH THE DAMN THING YOU MORON!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    You dumb arse, there were state employees on that add, Marion County Sheriff, and several key state prosecutors. WATCH THE darn THING YOU MORON!
    No **** head, there were no officers from DOC, no probation officers, and no FHP troopers. You know, the ones that it could actually affect. Only people from an actual agency (and not a State agency) were the ones from TPD and they were not speaking on my behalf as a TPD officer or a PBA member.

Also, did it ever occur to your peanut sized brain that the ones you mentioned were all "elected" officials? So put your mind in gear before putting your mouth in motion.
    I bet you are the type that wakes up in the morning with nothing to do in then go to bed with only half of it finished. SAD POS!

Dear POLEO and any other interested party:
    I think it is time to set the record straight. Based on your first question of who the PBA or “we,” are going to support, I can only hope you read the Fall, 2010 Shield article where I outlined what we were going to do. If you did not, as it appears, then let me say that we are not going to “poll,” the members, we are having a full blown election of the membership. This will happen after our PAC Committee interviews and summarizes what we learn from each candidate. Giving the membership the opportunity to choose this important candidate has never been done before. I think it is overdue. Whomever we elect inside TPD will be the candidate that the PBA will support. How much more openness and participation could you ask for?
    As to your second continued commentary of the Tampa PBA participation in the Sink commercial let me say that from a global sense we, the PBA, support all Florida law enforcement and correction officers; that support includes, state LEO’s and Florida Correctional Officers. We are much more than just TPD, although that is where we concentrate our efforts. Like or hate Alex Sink, she was the choice of the Florida PBA for Governor, therefore our choice. Also, Ms. Sink was the choice of the Florida FOP. She clearly presented a platform that showed concern for Florida Law Enforcement.
    The Tampa PBA was approached by the Florida PBA and asked to participate in a commercial of multiple agencies showing support for Alex Sink. If you saw the commercial you saw officers from TPD, Lakeland, County Sheriff’s and State Attorney’s. The commercial was filmed in Tampa, which merely by its location caused three TPD officers to be there.
    What was represented to the Tampa PBA was that the officers involved would be identified as PBA members, or police officers in Florida. Signed releases stated as much. What ended up was a commercial identifying each officer by name, rank and department. That was nowhere in the release and you should know that the Tampa PBA would have never given consent for that type of action. I can only tell you that a flurry of continuous phone calls transpired between this PBA, the Florida PBA and the Sink Campaign . In the end, the commercials changed to eliminate identifying our officers as being from TPD. Also, they did the same for one State Attorney and the Lakeland officer.
    Now, as I said, Ms. Sink was the Florida PBA choice, therefore our choice. The Tampa PBA made two critical endorsements during this campaign. That was for Sandra Murman and Ken Hagan, running for Hillsborough County Commission against John Dingfelder and Linda Saul Sena, two liberal Tampa City Council members who distinguished themselves by turning their backs on Tampa Public Safety. Our endorsement of Murman and Hagan and their victory sent a very powerful message across the City and the entire county. If Public Safety is not a top priority to a local politician, then you, Mr. or Mrs. Politician are not a priority to us, the Public Safety professionals of Tampa.
    I am always glad to answer a question. Call the Tampa PBA anytime, 813-228-8900 and I will glad to talk to you personally POLEO.
    Respectfully,
    Greg Stout

Greg first let me thank you for taking the time to finally address this more in depth, but I still have questions. Having seen the commercials (over and over), I still wonder why no state employees (real ones) were in the ad? Ok we had 3 members and Lakeland had 1. Where were all the others?

Sure they couldn't put someone from every agency on, but come on only from two agencies. Give me a break. They could have cut two of the TPD officers and that would have left open two other spots. The other speakers again were "elected" and not actual state workers at the affected level.

If only TPD and Lakeland were in the ads, doesn't that say something? How did them filming in Tampa cause these specific 3 members to be at that location at that exact time. There were three movies filmed in Tampa (using TPD) and the only ones that appeared in them from TPD were those that chose to be in them. They didn't happen to merely be there at the same place at the same time. No Gotham City here.

And if Sink's campaign pulled a fast one on the PBA I guess it speaks volumes about her integrity and trust. Kind of the same way she cheated in the debate. Good thing the voters saw through the BS. A big FBI clue about her would have been that she never had her husband around her or in any of her ads. Think this is one of the first campaigns ever where someone hid their spouse until the end.

Also, why does our PBA chapter have to endorse who the State PBA endorses? We are a local chapter and can probably make our own decisions every now and then. When you play in the political arena then there will be prices to pay. Especially when you publicly try to humilate or discredit them and they end up winning. Sure a real leader doesn't hold a grudge, but when was the last time we have seen one of those? Oh wait, maybe that will be Bob (Sandy) Buckhorn.

Lastly, all I can say is it is about time that the membership will be allowed to actually have a majority vote on who it (our PBA) endorses. Then we (the membership) will have spoken and not a handful of people. Wow, I bet you guys hate me for bringing up good points for debate. See you at the next post...

Greg first let me thank you for taking the time to finally address this more in depth, but I still have questions. Having seen the commercials (over and over), I still wonder why no state employees (real ones) were in the ad? Ok we had 3 members and Lakeland had 1. Where were all the others?

Sure they couldn't put someone from every agency on, but come on only from two agencies. Give me a break. They could have cut two of the TPD officers and that would have left open two other spots. The other speakers again were "elected" and not actual state workers at the affected level.

If only TPD and Lakeland were in the ads, doesn't that say something? How did them filming in Tampa cause these specific 3 members to be at that location at that exact time. There were three movies filmed in Tampa (using TPD) and the only ones that appeared in them from TPD were those that chose to be in them. They didn't happen to merely be there at the same place at the same time. No Gotham City here.

And if Sink's campaign pulled a fast one on the PBA I guess it speaks volumes about her integrity and trust. Kind of the same way she cheated in the debate. Good thing the voters saw through the BS. A big FBI clue about her would have been that she never had her husband around her or in any of her ads. Think this is one of the first campaigns ever where someone hid their spouse until the end.

Also, why does our PBA chapter have to endorse who the State PBA endorses? We are a local chapter and can probably make our own decisions every now and then. When you play in the political arena then there will be prices to pay. Especially when you publicly try to humilate or discredit them and they end up winning. Sure a real leader doesn't hold a grudge, but when was the last time we have seen one of those? Oh wait, maybe that will be Bob (Sandy) Buckhorn.

Lastly, all I can say is it is about time that the membership will be allowed to actually have a majority vote on who it (our PBA) endorses. Then we (the membership) will have spoken and not a handful of people. Wow, I bet you guys hate me for bringing up good points for debate. See you at the next post...
    This plus one, the fact that the PBA would endorse someone from the same part as Jackass Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, Barrack Obama, Barney Frank, Kathy Castor and the others liberals who support all the "good boy's" who were turning there life's around. The same Politicians who year after year make and keep blacks dependent on welfare and will never break the cycle. They grow up in poverty and are told vote (D) we give you a few hundred dollars for food and a cheap house. Don't vote for those evil Republicans who want you to make your own damn way.

That is why they call it the dream, and the pursuit of happiness.

As far as ****, just go away!

This plus one, the fact that the PBA would endorse someone from the same part as Jackass Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, Barrack Obama, Barney Frank, Kathy Castor and the others liberals who support all the "good boy's" who were turning there life's around. The same Politicians who year after year make and keep blacks dependent on welfare and will never break the cycle. They grow up in poverty and are told vote (D) we give you a few hundred dollars for food and a cheap house. Don't vote for those evil Republicans who want you to make your own damn way.

That is why they call it the dream, and the pursuit of happiness.

POLEO, This may be news to you, but in addition to the Tampa PBA President's suggestion that you read the FALL 2010 Tampa PBA Newsletter to be more accurately informed about the candidate selection process, I also add another suggestion:

POLEO, Please read the Tampa PBA Constitution and By Laws on the Tampa PBA website.
    If you do so, you may learn that the Tampa PBA is a CHARTER, granted under the authority of the Florida PBA, not a CHAPTER.

Therefore, it is much more autonomous and has greater individual responsibility than a separate Chapter of the Florida PBA, such as those Chapters (Big Bend, FHP) listed on the Florida PBA website.

Separately, in over two decades, I have never seen as much input allowed by the members as there has been by this current PBA executive team. To know where you are at, you must know where we came from.

Greg Stout and the rest of the Tampa PBA staff have done exceedingly well compared to the past groups which represented TPD (the former West Central Florida and the Hillsborough PBA's).

POLEO, this is not directed at you personally, but more so to the many mal-contents who have not experienced the effects of past PBA leadership. Just as TPD and its management staff can not be a success without the effort and professionalism of the line officers, the Tampa PBA can not be a success without its membership. Tampa PBA health and success requires individual member participation and involvement. One must ask them-self "Have I responded to help my organization when called upon?" When not called upon, "Have I participated on my own to support the PBA, or act otherwise?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast