Dear DIF: Get your own forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know we're "sister agencies", but we are separate enough that we don't use the same equipment, have completely different duties, have different versions of the same computer software, work out of different buildings, and have VERY different inter-agency issues. DIF and SFM also have different command staff and structure, so when you complain about certain people, we don't even know who you're talking about...

If I'm ever requested to help DIF, I won't hesitate; afterall, we are two branches of the same tree. But when it comes to this forum, please just contact the site's admin and request your own forum. You're always welcome to post and add comments, but when it's for DIF matters, I think a DIF forum would work best.

Re: Dear DIF: Get your own forum!

what are you talking about ? what questions or comments ? I thought it was all SFM ?

I would agree that dif needs their own site. our staff is much more happy then theirs. they have no leadership and we do, even with john corbett here. He is not much, not real up front and honest with us, but he is here. dif has no one who is clearly in charge. since cutcliffe left, london steered that ship right into the pier. I feel sorry for them over there. she was tough and loud, but she cared about her people and would fight to the end for them. please dif , get your own site. leave us be as we are happy.

speak for yourself "happy". we suk worse than dif does. get real, better yet, get a job where someone cares. corbett will SINK us right to the depths of the earth. He only cares about himself and his little elves who kiss his butt. I'd go to dif any day, now that corbett is gone from there.

what are you talking about ? what questions or comments ? I thought it was all SFM ?
    No, it's not. The other division, Insurance Fraud, is also commenting here. We are two branches of the same "mother" department, but we live very separate lives, and have very separate command staff and duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    speak for yourself "happy". we suk worse than dif does. get real, better yet, get a job where someone cares. corbett will SINK us right to the depths of the earth. He only cares about himself and his little elves who kiss his butt. I'd go to dif any day, now that corbett is gone from there.
    Listen here, oh joyous one...

I've worked elsewhere and I can tell you about bad. SFM is so far ahead of other state agencies it's actually shocking. If you'd rather work at DIF, go ahead and transfer. The move is fast and easy; afterall, we don't have to process like outside applicants. They have regular openings, so go for it. And if you really used Corbett as an excuse for not going to DIF, he's been gone from there for a long enough time. I will also add this: we have a significantly lower attrition rate than most agencies I've seen, which says alot about our working environment as a whole.

I hope you find your happy place.

What forum will you use after Rick Scott lays you all off?

At the rate he is going, all the slugs will be around for 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    What forum will you use after Rick Scott lays you all off?
    In case you weren't aware, arson is the most expensive crime in the nation...

So, lay us off? Yeah I got news for you: the State's not gonna lay off the only people qualified to perform fire investigations. For starters, we're one of only a handfull of PD's in the whole state who do these investigations. Next, we're backed by the insurance industry, which beyond being an extremely powerful lobbying group, pay our salaries via a trust fund. Even further, the IAFF loves us. Oh, did I mention we're the only state agency with an EOD unit? We're not going anywhere.

You will be going under fraud. The fire unions backed the wrong person. Idiots.

Oh, did I mention we're the only state agency with an EOD unit? We're not going anywhere.
    Truer words were never spoken. If there IS an incident, then between the sheriff's office's, ATF's, and FBI's arson and bomb squads YOUR equipment will never see the light of day! "Not going anywhere" says it all about your EOD unit! :snicker:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast