I/A
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I/A

Question Re: I/A

Since they aren't "real" supervisors, if they leave IA, they leave their "specialty rank" behind. So if they leave IA, then they have to work as patrol deputies answering 911 calls, right? :snicker:

I also agree that RR is about the most down-to-earth person I've ever met. He's a REAL person who doesn't hide behind false rank that isn't real.

BB got the boot from IA, so it could happen again to MM and JB!!! It's not over yet!!! :snicker:

Question Re: I/A

Quote Originally Posted by patrol deputy sheriff
    Since they aren't "real" supervisors, if they leave IA, they leave their "specialty rank" behind. So if they leave IA, then they have to work as patrol deputies answering 911 calls, right? :snicker:

I also agree that RR is about the most down-to-earth person I've ever met. He's a REAL person who doesn't hide behind false rank that isn't real.

BB got the boot from IA, so it could happen again to MM and JB!!! It's not over yet!!! :snicker:

Yes, RR is a straight shooter! You screw up, you pay. He will tell you that! He wont smile at you and tell you how he is trying to help you out while stabbing you with the kitchen knife! Its time for MM and JB to work the road! MM couldn't handle it. He was a lousy traffic deputy and could never handle an in progress call.

As much as he THINKS he will stay a LT, if he leaves I/A, he is a DEPUTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: I/A

It's really a bad idea that we complimented RR while not complimenting the others. It could create some bad karma or office politics for him up there, which we don't want to do. It could create some problems for him in the long run. I actually also like MM, but other people constantly tell me otherwise. I'm not going to write the bad things I've heard about him because I've never seen it or experienced it, but usually when a bunch of people say the same thing, there is usually some truth to it. I've heard those same bad things about him for many years.

In the past, we've taken IA investigators and we have transferred them from IA back to patrol to work as patrol deputy sheriffs. The top of their ID card says "deputy sheriff." If we've done it in the past, then we can do it again in the future. They have no union or contractual protection of any sort. IA jobs aren't necessarily sacred cows, regardless of what some people think. Just sayin.

50% of the present group of supervisors, road or otherwise have proven to be lacking in everything their job descriptions outline. There are the public disgraces like the recent drinking episode, the promotions,and even more recently,the affair.... these are the public things that happen, what about the ones no one gets to hear about.... like the rumors and stories of MM ,JB and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    50% of the present group of supervisors, road or otherwise have proven to be lacking in everything their job descriptions outline. There are the public disgraces like the recent drinking episode, the promotions,and even more recently,the affair.... these are the public things that happen, what about the ones no one gets to hear about.... like the rumors and stories of MM ,JB and such?

What rumors have you heard about these two goons?

Angry Re: I/A

Quote Originally Posted by Eye A
    This is NOT directed towards RR.

I seldomly pipe up on here. I can no longer bite my tongue! I am reading all of these threads about people being fired, I/A employees never passing tests and achieving rank and more! What is the common denominator here?? Simple; Mercurio and Borntreger. These two seem to do whatever the hell they want to do and could give a rats ass about any one of you! Sounds to me like Mercurio is on a firing rampage because he wants to feel as if he has some power, since he is obviously not being promoted to Captain as the other thread suggests! I have to agree with this! We are losing people for pity offenses and it all falls back on to I/A, NOT Sheriff Knight!! I think it is time for little Napolean to be stripped of his "gimme" rank and start floating a marked car and working some real calls - also known as POLICE WORK ! Give someone else a crack at having special supervisory powers who will play by the rules and be fair! RR has demonstrated this and has a great name for being a part of I/A ! JB and MM need to be tossed to the wolves and brought back to reality.

Couldnt have said this better if i tried! It should be Special LT/Inspector R Riley and 1 other lucky specialty SGT. It should be ACE Mercurio and ACE JB but since that isnt gonna happen, Deputy MM (3117) and Deputy JB (3301)

hello all i've read this recent post and felt obligated to comment in on this situation. as far a jb i will agree he has done incidents in the past when working in the jail that would have gotten him terminated, and there he sits thinking he's perfect. who ever posted those incidents i totally feel ya, and i have observed him do those things as well.

i will just say this rr is a straight shooter and he handled my situation very professional as hard as it was knowing each other. now mm he was a different story. he came into the room prior to my interview going off record and told me he spoke with the sheriff and they already determined they were not going to terminate me. he said, "i'm telling you this so you don't get jammed up anymore." he went on to tell me i was going to work in the jail, and then i got the final word two days later i was being terminated. i looked at mookie and asked, what happened to not being terminated. he told me it was out of his hands.... so yes he pulled a fast one on me prior to the interview. so lesson learned even if there is a friendship there, he loves his job much more and will play the friend card with you in a investigation. DO NOT TRUST HIM GOING TO AN INTERVIEW!

i feel like i have to add this too since i didn't get to tell him in the interview. burns when you go into a room to fire someone, and you instantly start telling me i was wrong as if i didn't already know!!!! make sure you weren't maybe part of the problem. it was awful hearing you say that, when you were at the cheatah club with me drinking(underage) and hanging out when i was 19 years old. you think as a supv you could of guided a young guy just starting a little better. thats why i told you i couldn't believe you were firing me, and then you have the courage the next day to pull my mother into an office and ask her if there ok. your such a coward. take care all make sure you guys have a rep in that office. i wish you all well. sl1665

Quote Originally Posted by lally
    hello all i've read this recent post and felt obligated to comment in on this situation. as far a jb i will agree he has done incidents in the past when working in the jail that would have gotten him terminated, and there he sits thinking he's perfect. who ever posted those incidents i totally feel ya, and i have observed him do those things as well.

i will just say this rr is a straight shooter and he handled my situation very professional as hard as it was knowing each other. now mm he was a different story. he came into the room prior to my interview going off record and told me he spoke with the sheriff and they already determined they were not going to terminate me. he said, "i'm telling you this so you don't get jammed up anymore." he went on to tell me i was going to work in the jail, and then i got the final word two days later i was being terminated. i looked at mookie and asked, what happened to not being terminated. he told me it was out of his hands.... so yes he pulled a fast one on me prior to the interview. so lesson learned even if there is a friendship there, he loves his job much more and will play the friend card with you in a investigation. DO NOT TRUST HIM GOING TO AN INTERVIEW!

i feel like i have to add this too since i didn't get to tell him in the interview. burns when you go into a room to fire someone, and you instantly start telling me i was wrong as if i didn't already know!!!! make sure you weren't maybe part of the problem. it was awful hearing you say that, when you were at the cheatah club with me drinking(underage) and hanging out when i was 19 years old. you think as a supv you could of guided a young guy just starting a little better. thats why i told you i couldn't believe you were firing me, and then you have the courage the next day to pull my mother into an office and ask her if there ok. your such a coward. take care all make sure you guys have a rep in that office. i wish you all well. sl1665

Glad you are doing well! I am sure there are more with stories similar to yours!! Would love to hear more! Thanks for growing a set and piping up on here!

(Edit MOD 577 TOU Violation)

As a member of the public, I am appalled at the disgraceful behavior outlined on this board. My question is this - if you and others have witnessed this type of behavior, why were official complaints not made (or were they?), even if anonymously.

This agency is an embarrassment, and Sheriff Knight needs to step up or shut up - perhaps he should also stop handpicking who gets to conduct a particular IA investigation, clean out the good ole boys, and have a system in place that projects integrity and fairness, rather than sloppy cover-ups and out of control officers.

Quote Originally Posted by dotherightthingmuch?
    (Edit MOD 577 TOU Violation)

As a member of the public, I am appalled at the disgraceful behavior outlined on this board. My question is this - if you and others have witnessed this type of behavior, why were official complaints not made (or were they?), even if anonymously.

This agency is an embarrassment, and Sheriff Knight needs to step up or shut up - perhaps he should also stop handpicking who gets to conduct a particular IA investigation, clean out the good ole boys, and have a system in place that projects integrity and fairness, rather than sloppy cover-ups and out of control officers.

Yes I have done the right thing. I did report JB to a supervisor and nothing happened. Like I said before, someone had his back. The way things are now if you report someone for doing something wrong (a serious violation) then you become the bad guy because you cross the blue line. Your career is in jeopardy and you are black balled by supervisors right up the chain. I heard, with my own ears, a captain in the jail (not the runner) say if a female inmate doesn't complain about deputies having sexual relations with deputies then the department won't discipline the deputy. You learn very quickly to look the other way because you will be in trouble instead of the deputy who is committing a crime.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast