question from an ex-officer (tampa)

question from an ex-officer (tampa)

Hi folks,

I have recently moved to Jacksonville (wifes job and the fact that I owed her a move after years in the Navy...) and I was wondering if you guys are actively recruiting? Where I came from (SPPD) that was a loaded question- slots available but unable to be filled because of budget restraints, huge retention problems (junior officers), hold open slots for numbers etc. There were all kinds of games...

I was just wanting to get an off the record assessment of JSO, the work environment and to ask how the application process would work for a prior Florida certified law enforcement officer. I did check on the dates that your certification is still valid after you leave a sworn position- it looks like after four years you have to retake the test as well as some refresher courses? I am right at about four years so I might go either way...

I read something about an eight week course for prior certified officers? Is that for a prior LEO with more or less than a four year lapse since being sworn?

Thanks in advance guys

Re: question from an ex-officer (tampa)

Guess that answered his question.