*Radio Etiquette* for dummies - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: *Radio Etiquette* for dummies

Saying Chappy is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockbuster
    I agree Tac Talker. You know what drives me crazy? When someone says "Chapy" on the radio. All I here is Chapy go here, Chapy do this, Chapy do that. Gives this guy Chapy a break. What, he the only guy on duty or what?
    You're a Chappy hater

Quote Originally Posted by pet peeves
    A few more:
    --"Annnndd....naples..." Annnnnnddd is unneccesary
    --1014 is routine, stop asking if 46. if 46, say 46.
    --There is NO: Lincoln, Ocean,etc. maybe you said it that way up north, not here, learn our way.
    --"Going 97,,,"or are you just 97??
    --stop saying, "naples, 10-8." and making them ask you HOW you are 10-8...or better yet, use mdt every now and then, that's why you have one.
    ---"Naples, call the caller back and..."...(that's why you have a nextel...freakin use it)

I don't work dispatch. :evil:
    Ok just for you instead of Lincoln I will say LOSER! When you become perfect let me know. Going 10-08.

A sad reminder to stay professional at all times and that radio and mdt comments can one day be in print.
    Cut and pasted from an article in officer.com regarding a cop using his mdt, driving unauthorized code and then killing a biker in Indiana:

An internal police investigation released Wednesday showed Bisard voluntarily dispatched himself to help serve a warrant at 11:17 a.m.

He was operating with lights and sirens running, a violation of department policy on non-emergency runs, and was traveling at 73 mph in a 40 mph zone, weaving in and out of traffic, investigators said.

At the same time, police said Bisard was sending and receiving electronic messages not related to police business on the laptop in his vehicle.

At 11:18:11 a.m., Bisard typed, "Why not?" in response to a message from Officer Joseph Maxey that said, "Don't show up with ketchup & mustard all over your shirt," referring to the Indiana State Fair.

Maxey responded, "Its (sic) not tactical" at 11:18:39, to which Bisard typed, "It smells good" at 11:19:03.

The next message, the last in the conversation, was sent by Maxey at 11:20:04 a.m. and reads, "I dare u to show up with a big ass elephant ear."

At 11:21:42, Bisard radioed in that he had been involved in a personal-injury accident and that he needed an ambulance right away.

"I need a medic rush to, uh, five six and Brendon Park Way. I've been involved in a PI accident. I've hit a motorcycle and there's two people down. Actually there's three people down," Bisard said over the radio, according to the internal report. "Rush, please rush."

:snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

check stank check

Quote Originally Posted by john Q Private
    A sad reminder to stay professional at all times and that radio and mdt comments can one day be in print.
    Cut and pasted from an article in officer.com regarding a cop using his mdt, driving unauthorized code and then killing a biker in Indiana:

An internal police investigation released Wednesday showed Bisard voluntarily dispatched himself to help serve a warrant at 11:17 a.m.

He was operating with lights and sirens running, a violation of department policy on non-emergency runs, and was traveling at 73 mph in a 40 mph zone, weaving in and out of traffic, investigators said.

At the same time, police said Bisard was sending and receiving electronic messages not related to police business on the laptop in his vehicle.

At 11:18:11 a.m., Bisard typed, "Why not?" in response to a message from Officer Joseph Maxey that said, "Don't show up with ketchup & mustard all over your shirt," referring to the Indiana State Fair.

Maxey responded, "Its (sic) not tactical" at 11:18:39, to which Bisard typed, "It smells good" at 11:19:03.

The next message, the last in the conversation, was sent by Maxey at 11:20:04 a.m. and reads, "I dare u to show up with a big ass elephant ear."

At 11:21:42, Bisard radioed in that he had been involved in a personal-injury accident and that he needed an ambulance right away.

"I need a medic rush to, uh, five six and Brendon Park Way. I've been involved in a PI accident. I've hit a motorcycle and there's two people down. Actually there's three people down," Bisard said over the radio, according to the internal report. "Rush, please rush."
    Thats why when any one in the Agency F's up while driving the first thing IA does is check ur CAD messages, ur agency cell phone, and ur personal cell phone. Then they go to the audio/video dvd/hard drive of ur in car camara system.

LADIO ETIQUITTE IS RIKE ANGLY MAN. HE BITE PIRROW RIKE DAT UDDER GUY

Can somebody please tell me who this "Background" guy is? I can't tell you how many times I hear dep's key up there radios and say "I got Background Naples". What do they keep getting him for and why is he always hanging around Collier County? Oh and another thing why does he keep distracting deputies to the point where they don't hear their radios and have to get the ol' alert tone? I will tell you one thing if I ever run into this Background guy he better keep his mouth shut or i'm taking his sorry butt to the can. He must be some kind of a loud talker I guess.... :?

HOW YOU FIT BUTT IN CAN ? 2 CHAAAAA WEEEEEEEE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast