Watch your OWN back...cuz your "LCSO" family won't!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Watch your OWN back...cuz your "LCSO" family won't!!

Quote Originally Posted by truth about it ALL
    truth... yes it is true that there needs to be some revamp and issues dealt with in HR. There also needs to be some representation on our behalf with issues with workers comp we can get with a contract and union representation. But, this u_should_know poster has given a bit of information about herself now. The injury in which she describes sounds as if she was in a car crash that could have been prevented if she did not violate policy if I am thinking of the same person. Policy clearly states you MUST wear your seatbelts while operating a motor vehicle. If you are one in the same person who sustained a serious injury due to partial ejection in Lehigh near Homestead Rd, you were NOT wearing your seatbelt. So, your workers compensation is automatically reduced as stated in policy. If you are not the same person, prove me wrong with the details of your injury and location.
    See I am YET the only one to not fear admitting who I am (cuz the rest of you hid behind a login name). And yep...I sure am her! And I don't back down from it.

No one...and I mean no one, but me and the deputy with me knew the totality of the events of that night preceeding to the accident. All everyone heard was what the media put out (which was incorrect) and what the staff WANTED you to know. It wasn;t even until 5 months later did they even decide to do an IA. If you know me, then you also know that i wear my seatbelt religiously. That night certain circumstances changed that. But I will have no problem letting you throw the first stone, if you have worn your seatbelt every single time you have entered your car or never violated policy (and don't think just because you haven't got caught doens't mean you haven't violated it)! Know your facts first!! So many people judged me...but being my FIRST active shooting hot call...you are TRAINED and BRAINWASHED NOT TO HAVE YOUR GUN COVERED by your seatbelt (being tactical)...unfortunetly that didn't even come into my mind. I told the honest truth in the IA (how many have you done that!) and I took my consequences!! Including the lower amount in pay from Work Comp. But as you MUST HAVE missed...this isn't SOLELY on pay...READ THIS ALL AGAIN...it's about the "family" unit they say the SO has...THERE IS NO SUCH THING...seatbelt or not!!

Oh and I am sure you WERE ONE OF THE ONES BASHING ME! Yet people seem to forget I have a daughter...a single parent who while bed ridden had to figure out a way to care for her, cook for her, clean and do laundry for her, tend to my home (lawn), do her homeowrk with her, take her back and forth to school...just because an accident/injury occured...me being her ONLY provider...that JOB didn't stop. I figured out how to do it...pain and all...in a wheelchair or walker...without one finger of help from the LCSO "family"!

All this post was about was to let the front line deputies know what to expect (which is NOTHING) from their supposed LCSO familky! Not to listen to more of the brainwashing and fake smiles from the Admin!

This wil be my last post regarding this.

And for the record...the ONLY one from the Admin that cared and actually reached out was one that was bashed on here. Homan! As I said, there are some really great people in the agency...but just like out in the real world...in order to have the good...you have to have the bad too.

I pray everyday for the safety of the brothers and sisters in LE. That each and everyone of you goes home every night to your real families, they are they ones who will get through this thing we call life! God Bless!

Sue, I'm sorry that happened to you, everyone wants to believe that they will be taken care of. Were you offered an admin job or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by U_SHOULD_KNOW
    This wil be my last post regarding this.

And for the record...the ONLY one from the Admin that cared and actually reached out was one that was bashed on here. Homan! As I said, there are some really great people in the agency...but just like out in the real world...in order to have the good...you have to have the bad too.

I pray everyday for the safety of the brothers and sisters in LE. That each and everyone of you goes home every night to your real families, they are they ones who will get through this thing we call life! God Bless!
    Bashing Homan, just stating the truth. Homan was head of H & R at the time, a lieutenant, he never worked the streets, or held a command position over road deputies, he received all of his rank while sitting behind a desk.

Do you have an attorney? You need one. One whose specialty is workman's comp. & someone who knows the agency's history and what they did for others whose injuries were exacerbated by an alleged policy violation, i.e. no seatbelt. Remember, the policies are subjective. It depends on who you are, what gets enforced. I'd fight it...all the way to the bank.

OK, we all got to see how the Administration “Rips Apart” an injured Deputy. They are a bunch of chair jockeys that know best how to second guess and arm chair quarterback. It’s your job and you do it well.

The point we all were making is that there should be more recognition and more done for injured Deputies. The fact that they just disappear is unacceptable. It sounds like the OP would have been happy just to get a little help from her LCSO “Dysfunctional” family even though the Administration was going to break her.

I don’t care where her seat belt was. The Administration is quick to send out emails about births, deaths, and anti union emails… why not a Deputy needs help email? They are in contact with the injured Deputy and they know when, or if, they are getting paid enough to live on.

I’m getting a better understanding of how this works. We have all been told for years that we and our family will be taken care of if something bad happens. Therefore, we think that if something happens to someone else, they are being taken care of. So we just go on about our job, not knowing the truth about the injured Deputy. The truth is, they are being eaten alive by the Administration, never to be heard from again.

I really don’t think that the Deputies intentionally leave their injured behind. We are trained to survive and to protect each other at any risk. The problem is that there is a school of sharks swimming beneath us while we faithfully and fearlessly do our job. They are the HR Administration and Attorney. It seems that if one of us gets injured, the sharks smell the blood and do what they do best, make us “go away”. BTW, nice to see you in the forums DH…

A few years ago there was something started by a few deputies to provide help to other Deputies in need. I donated to it. I don’t know what happened to that but I remember who started it. He’s a Sgt in East District. It was a good idea.

I have a thought, how about taking care of some of the Deputies with a few dollars instead of giving it all back to the BOCC.

The previous poster is right, until we get a union… GET AN ATTORNEY!

This years Christmas party, that is, if there is one, I'm tired of hot dogs, aren't you? Anyway, it should be interesting to see just how many do show up, or better yet, those who do show up and see the sheriff and his top staff and see the wonderment on their faces as to just who is really serious when the words "Merry Christmas" is spoken to them.

Merry, common, with all of the turmoil surrounding the sheriff and his staff, we all have to wonder just where this agency is heading. Among the top issues are; pay raises for a select few, promotions of members performing the same job, unfair IA's, not supporting injured members, and plan just not caring for the frontline members.

The Sheriff calls the shots, LIVE WITH IT!!!!!!!

Sue, I had no idea what you had to go through. I apologize for not helping out. Had I known all the things you said, I along with others would not have a problem helping you out, even if it is just mowing grass. If a cop needs help, I am not going to look the other way, but I truly had no idea this was happening.For some reason I assumed that you were taken care of by the administration. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The Sheriff calls the shots, LIVE WITH IT!!!!!!!
    When I first read the above statement, my reaction was a staffer wrote it, then, I began to think about it, and the writer is totally correct. The position of Sheriff is all powerful, just like the wizard in oz, and we sure aren't living in the crystal palace, more like in the witches domain.

The sheriff continues to give us e-mails on how bad unions are for us all, yet he used their support for his run for sheriff in 2004. He has PIO staff to keep the public informed as to how well he is doing as sheriff, no wonder he promoted the glorified civilian deputy to lieutenant, bought is loyalty. Then I remembered about an agency who went through what we are going through right now with union questions. This agency had a sheriff who like ours was inexperienced and was nothing more than a traveling speaker throughout the community and state. A union came in and changed the whole battleground. One thing they did was established an agency wide monthly newsletter. This newsletter (which was on-line and in print) kept the members informed on many fronts, new members, marriages, births and how those injured were coming along. It brought the agency closer together.

I know this idea of an agency newsletter isn't new to LCSO, as I understand a previous Lee County Sheriff had one in place, Frank Wanicka. His wife even established a group of deputy spouses for the purpose of keeping in touch, talking things out, problems, births, etc. After reading about what Wanicka did for this agency, sure wish we had him now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast