"Come on...Man"!

"Come on...Man"!

Recently, there has been a new wave of publicized incidents where deputies have used very poor judgement or just had a complete Brain Fart. Yes, this job is stressful, morale is very low and nobody seems to give a crap, but please don't embarrass yourself and the rest of us that still try to wear the uniform with pride. Please use common sense when out in public or anytime you are in a situation which directly represents the sheriff's office............ON or OFF DUTY. There are many many people out there that dislike authority figures and will go out of their way to find a reason to lodge a complaint or get a deputy in trouble. Lately they haven't had to look very far or work very hard to find a deputy doing something foolish.

We live in a age where most people like to broadcast their every movement on the many Social Networks available on the internet and this is just one more place you need to safeguard yourself from embarrassment or anything that could be seen as unbecoming of a sheriff's deputy.

Personally, I think all this supposed technology is a curse rather then a improvement to our way of life. I believe it is a big part of the reason why communication within the sheriff's office has gotten worse, rather then better. It has made it too easy for leadership & others to communicate with people solely by email or conference call, rather then face to face. Heck, I could go on & on but I think you get the points.

Common sense folks.......common sense!

Re: "Come on...Man"!

First off, if you would like to make that type of announcement, how about getting with your squad and discuss it with them. Secondly, with an agency our size, statistics are going to kick in. In fact, it is my belief that the number of bad apples are far few and in-between considering our size.

Re: "Come on...Man"!

I have to agree with the above poster somewhat. Didn't we just have a deputy from district II placed in a holding cell for a s22 at a football game? Now I don't know much details but tell you what, hot hot water. Regardless of the morale being so low, lets watch what we do ladies and gentlemen. Oh and not to say, the facebook pics about the deputy with a gun/cigarette in her mouth. Boy oh Boy. Be safe yall and watch your six.