no professional courtesy???

no professional courtesy???

Wow....retired a couple of months ago and moved back home to Chuck-town. Just driving along the battery and got pulled over for headlight out. Had no idea, must have happened in the past couple of days. Told the young officer I was a retired PO and he couldn't have cared less. Nice welcome home.

Re: no professional courtesy???

Charleston hospitality is a joke... I'm not sure if you were upset by the young PO not letting you go because it was an honest mistake.. or because you pulled out your 'retired PO card'. If you are upset because you thought you might catch a break by stating you used to be a PO well... thats disgusting.

SRP STFU Its called courtesy the problem with south carolina is that most of the officer's are trained by dumb ass people. I remember at the academy the state trooper telling the class about a NYPD officer he pulled over and wrote a ticket to. That is disgusting! It starts at the academy and works its way through fto and the idiots in charge of the departments. No support for your fellow officer everyone here acts like a little kid playing police. South Carolina law enforcement is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by cono
    SRP STFU Its called courtesy the problem with south carolina is that most of the officer's are trained by dumb ass people. I remember at the academy the state trooper telling the class about a NYPD officer he pulled over and wrote a ticket to. That is disgusting! It starts at the academy and works its way through fto and the idiots in charge of the departments. No support for your fellow officer everyone here acts like a little kid playing police. South Carolina law enforcement is a joke
    Agreed. The problem in SC is that you have these inbred f#ckbags who have lived their entire lives as complete tools. Then, they get appointed to go to the academy and think they are part of Seal Team 6 just because they now have a marked car, badge and gun. Once out in the field they go out and try to compensate for all those years of being an average nobody getting picked on in high school.

SCCJA needs different standards to weed out these types of idiots. Possibly a college credit prerequisite or more extensive psychological testing. But unfortunately, this will never see the light of day since this state gives its officers jack$hit for pay. You have a high demand for the job but very few willing to do it, so inevitably the hiring standard has to fall.

I have no desire to work beside and trust my life to someone who has no concept of what the thin blue line really is. We are all we have out here. To write a fellow brother, whether retired or active, is absolutely disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Colleton_Tpr
    Quote Originally Posted by cono
    Agreed. The problem in SC is that you have these inbred f#ckbags who have lived their entire lives as complete tools. Then, they get appointed to go to the academy and think they are part of Seal Team 6 just because they now have a marked car, badge and gun. Once out in the field they go out and try to compensate for all those years of being an average nobody getting picked on in high school.

SCCJA needs different standards to weed out these types of idiots. Possibly a college credit prerequisite or more extensive psychological testing. But unfortunately, this will never see the light of day since this state gives its officers jack$hit for pay. You have a high demand for the job but very few willing to do it, so inevitably the hiring standard has to fall.

I have no desire to work beside and trust my life to someone who has no concept of what the thin blue line really is. We are all we have out here. To write a fellow brother, whether retired or active, is absolutely disgusting.
    Well said

Just a follow-up to this post. Good ole charleston city extended the courtesy the other day by pulling over a neighboring jurisdiction's fully marked car who was headed home. It gets worse, he wrote the cop a ticket. **** SC and **** these **** sucker inbred mother ****ers who are too damn stupid to figure out what a brotherhood is.

That's a shame. I'm retired from Florida and love this town. Had nothing but good experiences with local cops so far. However, after reading this I'm sure my day will come. In Florida (with the exception of FHP) local cops would never write another cop, active or retired. It is a brotherhood, and we need to watch out for each other.

Like I say, though, I have seen nothing but professionalism from CPD, CCSO and MPPD.
    Be safe out there!

Quote Originally Posted by update
    Just a follow-up to this post. Good ole charleston city extended the courtesy the other day by pulling over a neighboring jurisdiction's fully marked car who was headed home. It gets worse, he wrote the cop a ticket. **** SC and **** these **** sucker inbred mother ****ers who are too damn stupid to figure out what a brotherhood is.
    You got to be kidding. He pulled over a marked car and wrote the cop a ticket. I thought the Florida Highway Patrol was the only one's stupid enough to do that.

Wait until he's getting his ass beat on the side of the road and another cop just drives by. What a jerk.

Unregistered
    You all sound like the whole "he dindu nuffin" crowd. Quit being little cucks. If you don't like it, keep your yankee ass in cuckville. We don't like when you come down here anyways.