Ft. Lauderdale PD Message Board - Do You Want To Keep It? - Page 3

Poll: Do you want LEOAFFAIRS.COM to maintain a Message Board on their site for your agency?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ft. Lauderdale PD Message Board - Do You Want To Keep It?

Nice post Sysop, Tampa cop, or whoever. A little tip. If you're going to pose as one of us, do your reasearch first. We have 100% FOP membership. That gave you away. Second, only the owner would call it "LEOAFFAIRS>COM ONLINE." Third, your site sucks and is the very root of the problems at most agencies lately...BACKSTABBING, lying and trash talking. The press posts crap and eats our responses up like candy. You a so transparent its humorous.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
    Greetings,

You are already in possession of my email to LEOAFFAIRS.COM. I decided to post it, below, on this site in order to help put things in proper perspective:

I can't tell you how long I've gone back and forth about whether or not to write this letter. I finally decided that, if I really wanted to stand up for what I believe in and if I wanted to see a change, I needed to write it. You see, my position with the Ft. Lauderdale Police Department would cause most to predict that I'd be against the site. However, my position with this agency has afforded me insights that others may not have. I understand the purpose behind putting LEOAFFAIRS.COM online and I highly respect it. The ability to talk about issues affecting our department has caused the FLPD to pay attention to what's posted. I've seen things change for the positive and I've seen resistance to the site from those who don't want change or who want no accountability. That said, I've seen some attempt to use this site for their own private interests and that's a shame. While I feel it detracts from the site, I don't believe it ruins it. Let's face it, our own officers are the ones posting on here and if there wasn't anything to post about, I don't believe they would. The old saying "Where there's smoke, there is fire" comes to mind. We have some problems at the FLPD, but the agency as a whole is a great place to work. The only suggestion I can make besides putting the site back up is to find a way for the unproductive posting to slow down. A lot of this is the agency's fault, but it would be nice for people to address the problems instead of eliminating a site that was built to fix them. I'm already aware of someone who is building a replacement site with plans to house it out of the country and without any form of moderation. I don't know how he plans to get the word out about the site when it's finished, but I do not support his efforts because he strictly wants to fuel the fire with a gossip site. As for our FOP president, Jack, it's obvious to everyone that there is an agenda here and I don't believe he is representing the best interests of the members (I am no longer a union member). I have researched enough to know that such sites are protected federally by law and that they do not even have to moderate the site. The content posted is not from them, but from our own police officers, and they cannot be sued for having it on a site. Sounds to me like they have been trying to do the right thing and, although maybe not perfect, they are at least trying.

Thanks for the air time!

You see Chip, the issue is that someone can post on here using my name or yours and write things like leoaffairs sucks, and then people will think that it came from union leadership and that it is the direction the union should go. If you make everyone have to log in it may help.

What happened to open government. You do remember we work for the government don't you! The only people that have to fear free and open discussion are the ones that have something to hide. People often accuse the Police of cover ups-- closing down this site does not help that stereo type, in fact it reinforces it.

Sometimes the most simple solution is the first solution overlooked. If you personnally don't like this web site and blog-- its simple-- don't come here and don't read it. But why force your personal view on everyone else.

I rather doubt this blog impacts Internal Affairs investigations. A Professional Internal Department should be able to base their investigations on accurate verified facts in an unbias manner. One would think Internal Affairs should be professional enought to be able to do their job without concern for unverified ramblings on some blog. If the blog is preventing that-- maybe its the people in IA that need to go-- not the website blog.

Reinstate the blog and stop the senseless censorship.

This site has nothing to do with free and open government t is for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and $.

Look at the advertisements to your left and right. A cop is getting rich off your gossip bopys and girls. He doesn't give to shits about free and open government. This is a FOR PROFIT web site.

Look at the poll. YOU put it there, WE have spoken...now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo1
    What happened to open government. You do remember we work for the government don't you! The only people that have to fear free and open discussion are the ones that have something to hide. People often accuse the Police of cover ups-- closing down this site does not help that stereo type, in fact it reinforces it.

Sometimes the most simple solution is the first solution overlooked. If you personnally don't like this web site and blog-- its simple-- don't come here and don't read it. But why force your personal view on everyone else.

I rather doubt this blog impacts Internal Affairs investigations. A Professional Internal Department should be able to base their investigations on accurate verified facts in an unbias manner. One would think Internal Affairs should be professional enought to be able to do their job without concern for unverified ramblings on some blog. If the blog is preventing that-- maybe its the people in IA that need to go-- not the website blog.

Reinstate the blog and stop the senseless censorship.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Chip from leoaffairs
    You see Chip, the issue is that someone can post on here using my name or yours and write things like leoaffairs sucks, and then people will think that it came from union leadership and that it is the direction the union should go. If you make everyone have to log in it may help.
    As I explained to Jack Lokeinsky, that is NOT TRUE. If you take the time to check, you'll see that I am a registered user under my name of "chipdeblock". I even have an avatar with my picture attached to this profile. I am the only one capable of using this name and even guest posters are prevented from using it. If the real issue is that you are unwilling to create a free account on LEOAFFAIRS in order to protect your identity, then the problem lies with you and not this website.

Who cares

:devil: I'm an fop member at lauderdale. I'll use the site if I want to.

Re: Ft. Lauderdale PD Message Board - Do You Want To Keep It

Wow. I am(was) dating an LEO until I saw this forum. He is often on it and I wanted to see why he is so upset. Now I am running. No way I want this type of mentality in my life. This is nuts and nuts-type thinking. Buh-bye. :shock:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123