Ft. Lauderdale PD Message Board - Do You Want To Keep It? - Page 2

Poll: Do you want LEOAFFAIRS.COM to maintain a Message Board on their site for your agency?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ft. Lauderdale PD Message Board - Do You Want To Keep It?

Yep its him RM and the rest on the cover up crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Jack
    How could you roll over for the admin boys yet again ???
    Yeah, that poll looks a little weighted, Jack. Payoffs out of your slush fund there, Hitler?

"Why don't you quit playing dictator and trampling on the 1st ammendement. You have caught the same disease that prevails in the nations capital. Just because you obviously have an agenda against this site doesn't make you right."

You know it's funny, aren't you the same person who JL protected from the media and blogs like this when you couldn't say the safe word quick enough and you had to be brought back to life?

I need this site to make myself feel better. You see, I am not going to be a catalyst for change in my department, I am just going to complain about it on this "for-profit" web site. I am a watcher. I will sit back and watch the very things that affect me play out before my very eyes and come home and type about it. A real patriot, I am.Please dont take down my site......I need it. If it was gone, I may actually have to muster up the gonads to tell someone how I feel to their face. Witht hsi site I cn continue to say all the great things I would do except for my fear of revenge and reprisals from the bad people in admin. The way they went after those hard working cops that have been in trouble lately...they were victims I tell you. And the 10% raise I got when other departments are laying people off. Unreal. And the city manager who was run out of here by the FOP (soon to be followed by his friends). I cant take it any more. The conditions are unbearable. This is not worth the 150K a year I make after 3 years here.

"Mom, I'm coming."

Gotta go. My mom is calling me for dinner.

Ft. Lauderdale PD Message Board - Do You Want To Keep It?

I was actually supporting this site to a point until yesterday when I noticed how one sided it really is. For months we were bombarded with Wilton Manors post that no one really appeared interested in. It was within the rules of the board since they were so called news stories.

So we posted some information on what our site Fort Lauderdale was doing about bad post. No sooner was that posted when the whole thread we removed by the web owner. That information was clearly just one agency talking to another which this site claims to support. So the lesson here is you can spam our site with Police Chief BS, but if you post word for word information that is here it will be erased like a communist newspaper.
    This has me now seeing that there is no value in this site at all. Keep it shut down and if they don’t let’s sue them since we have enough members to fight it a long time. Other cities and FOP lodges will follow.

The post that was erased was on theWilton Manors site

Quote Originally Posted by no truth at this site
    I was actually supporting this site to a point until yesterday when I noticed how one sided it really is. For months we were bombarded with Wilton Manors post that no one really appeared interested in. It was within the rules of the board since they were so called news stories.

So we posted some information on what our site Fort Lauderdale was doing about bad post. No sooner was that posted when the whole thread we removed by the web owner. That information was clearly just one agency talking to another which this site claims to support. So the lesson here is you can spam our site with Police Chief BS, but if you post word for word information that is here it will be erased like a communist newspaper.
    This has me now seeing that there is no value in this site at all. Keep it shut down and if they don’t let’s sue them since we have enough members to fight it a long time. Other cities and FOP lodges will follow.

I just posted it again on WMPD site

The post that was erased was on theWilton Manors site

Quote Originally Posted by no truth at this site

Better watch it Jack will have you thrown in the gulog

Well MOD 360 removed it from the site again. It did not violate any rules or terms, yet we had to see all the WMPD post. He also locked it up. Was that with your OK MOD 1 ?????

Greetings,

You are already in possession of my email to LEOAFFAIRS.COM. I decided to post it, below, on this site in order to help put things in proper perspective:

I can't tell you how long I've gone back and forth about whether or not to write this letter. I finally decided that, if I really wanted to stand up for what I believe in and if I wanted to see a change, I needed to write it. You see, my position with the Ft. Lauderdale Police Department would cause most to predict that I'd be against the site. However, my position with this agency has afforded me insights that others may not have. I understand the purpose behind putting LEOAFFAIRS.COM online and I highly respect it. The ability to talk about issues affecting our department has caused the FLPD to pay attention to what's posted. I've seen things change for the positive and I've seen resistance to the site from those who don't want change or who want no accountability. That said, I've seen some attempt to use this site for their own private interests and that's a shame. While I feel it detracts from the site, I don't believe it ruins it. Let's face it, our own officers are the ones posting on here and if there wasn't anything to post about, I don't believe they would. The old saying "Where there's smoke, there is fire" comes to mind. We have some problems at the FLPD, but the agency as a whole is a great place to work. The only suggestion I can make besides putting the site back up is to find a way for the unproductive posting to slow down. A lot of this is the agency's fault, but it would be nice for people to address the problems instead of eliminating a site that was built to fix them. I'm already aware of someone who is building a replacement site with plans to house it out of the country and without any form of moderation. I don't know how he plans to get the word out about the site when it's finished, but I do not support his efforts because he strictly wants to fuel the fire with a gossip site. As for our FOP president, Jack, it's obvious to everyone that there is an agenda here and I don't believe he is representing the best interests of the members (I am no longer a union member). I have researched enough to know that such sites are protected federally by law and that they do not even have to moderate the site. The content posted is not from them, but from our own police officers, and they cannot be sued for having it on a site. Sounds to me like they have been trying to do the right thing and, although maybe not perfect, they are at least trying.

Thanks for the air time!

Great Post
    is makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
    Greetings,

You are already in possession of my email to LEOAFFAIRS.COM. I decided to post it, below, on this site in order to help put things in proper perspective:

I can't tell you how long I've gone back and forth about whether or not to write this letter. I finally decided that, if I really wanted to stand up for what I believe in and if I wanted to see a change, I needed to write it. You see, my position with the Ft. Lauderdale Police Department would cause most to predict that I'd be against the site. However, my position with this agency has afforded me insights that others may not have. I understand the purpose behind putting LEOAFFAIRS.COM online and I highly respect it. The ability to talk about issues affecting our department has caused the FLPD to pay attention to what's posted. I've seen things change for the positive and I've seen resistance to the site from those who don't want change or who want no accountability. That said, I've seen some attempt to use this site for their own private interests and that's a shame. While I feel it detracts from the site, I don't believe it ruins it. Let's face it, our own officers are the ones posting on here and if there wasn't anything to post about, I don't believe they would. The old saying "Where there's smoke, there is fire" comes to mind. We have some problems at the FLPD, but the agency as a whole is a great place to work. The only suggestion I can make besides putting the site back up is to find a way for the unproductive posting to slow down. A lot of this is the agency's fault, but it would be nice for people to address the problems instead of eliminating a site that was built to fix them. I'm already aware of someone who is building a replacement site with plans to house it out of the country and without any form of moderation. I don't know how he plans to get the word out about the site when it's finished, but I do not support his efforts because he strictly wants to fuel the fire with a gossip site. As for our FOP president, Jack, it's obvious to everyone that there is an agenda here and I don't believe he is representing the best interests of the members (I am no longer a union member). I have researched enough to know that such sites are protected federally by law and that they do not even have to moderate the site. The content posted is not from them, but from our own police officers, and they cannot be sued for having it on a site. Sounds to me like they have been trying to do the right thing and, although maybe not perfect, they are at least trying.

Thanks for the air time!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast