Ft. Lauderdale PD Message Board - Do You Want To Keep It?

Poll: Do you want LEOAFFAIRS.COM to maintain a Message Board on their site for your agency?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sysop

Ft. Lauderdale PD Message Board - Do You Want To Keep It?

Do you want LEOAFFAIRS.COM to maintain a Message Board for your agency on their site? Please take the above Poll to let me know while I review our policy on the matter.

Re: Ft. Lauderdale PD Message Board - Should It Be Shut Down?

While I agree that often the non-sense and bad grammer that is aired on the FLPD Blog makes the Department look bad. [Spell check feature would be a great improvement. Hint, hint!] Limiting freedom of speech is not the solution. I believe if the Command handled things with accuracy, truthfulness, fairness, and with common reason and discretion, then people would not have reason to post negative comments that make the Department look bad. It is called leadership-- leadership by example. Instead we have a clear double standard system. Citizens and fellow officers have a right to know the truth about what is happening. This message board is one way to get the truth out and to prevent the Department from vindictiveness and coverups that they are commonly known for. Knowledge is king. While I personnal oppose negative and nasty and personal postings, I am in favor of allowing an anyomous unedited forum for discussion.

There is a great quote from the new Wall St. Movie that fits FLPD insiders very well. "You stop telling lies about me and I will stop telling the truth about you."

The reason the request to shut down our board was simple. The owner of Leoaffairs is the State FOP President. There were numerous posts about current investigations and grievances, some started by the media. This was a detriment to my lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sysop
    Are you in agreement with your local FOP lodge's request that your Message Board be shut down? Please take the above Poll to let me know while I review our policy on the matter.

You may want to reword the above question as it is the polar opposite of the question in the pole. You ask "are you in agreement with the FOP's request that your message board be shut down". I clicked on the link and almost answered no for not being in agreement, but then realized the pole was worded opposite of the above question.

Sysop

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    You may want to reword the above question as it is the polar opposite of the question in the pole. You ask "are you in agreement with the FOP's request that your message board be shut down". I clicked on the link and almost answered no for not being in agreement, but then realized the pole was worded opposite of the above question.
    You were absolutely correct and I took your advice. Thank you for the post and the insight.

On another note, the Poll is only one of the ways I am collecting data on this subject. LEOs sending email to me at info@leoaffairs.com are the most important, so please keep those emails coming.

Re: Ft. Lauderdale PD Message Board - Do You Want To Keep It?

Quote Originally Posted by Sysop
    Do you want LEOAFFAIRS.COM to maintain a Message Board for your agency on their site? Please take the above Poll to let me know while I review our policy on the matter.
    Why did you take down the other reply that was on here MR. 1st Ammendment SYSOP? Face the truth, this survey IS bogus.

Only votes from OUR lodge count...no media, no repeat votes, no civilians??? How will you know?

This is only a forum to spread negativity, gossip and other sewage and YOU are getting rich off it while claiming to be providing a service to the LEP community. Give me a break, this site, while I beleiove was CREATED for just purposes has morphed into a totally different monster. Look at the posts from the other departments too. Its not unique to FLPD. You know it, but your wallet may be overriding your better judgement.

I bet you take this post down too. The 1st ammendment isnt just leaving the posts you like. Nothing here violates the terms of use but neither did the other post I see you removed.

Mr. Sysop why don't you tell everyone that you are a Tampa police officer? If you are a member of the Fraternal Order of Police I will ask that you be a member not in good standing as there is nothing on this garbage filled site that is in the interest of my members. P.S. why didn't you respond to my email? You are as much a coward as the rest of the anonymous people who post on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lokeinsky
    Mr. Sysop why don't you tell everyone that you are a Tampa police officer? If you are a member of the Fraternal Order of Police I will ask that you be a member not in good standing as there is nothing on this garbage filled site that is in the interest of my members. P.S. why didn't you respond to my email? You are as much a coward as the rest of the anonymous people who post on this site.
    Why don't you quit playing dictator and trampling on the 1st ammendement. You have caught the same disease that prevails in the nations capital. Just because you obviously have an agenda against this site doesn't make you right.

Jack
    How could you roll over for the admin boys yet again ???

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Jack
    How could you roll over for the admin boys yet again ???
    Yeah, that poll looks a little weighted, Jack. Payoffs out of your slush fund there, Hitler?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast