Openings - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Openings

Re: Openings

It seems that the process is quick. I recently applied, like a month ago and just had my phone interview. I hope is a good move. However, I would like to know if anyone knows whether the state reimburses tuition for a doctorate degree at a private school. Can anyone please advice?

You know you WILL have to pass a drug test before coming on board?

I too applied for an Agent slot and have not gotten a phone call / phone interview. Is the process over? Have they already made their selections? Can anyone advise? I did not get a call...

Does anyone know how many slots they are attempting to fill ?

You should have received a call by now. Have you received one? I think that the gentleman who called me said that the next step would a physical exam in Tampa or Orlando. I think that they called only a few people so I am not sure how many openings they have nor how many people do they want to add to the "ready to hire" list. Does anyone know how long the process is?

You are trying to get on a sinking ship.....

They're only hiring dorks with a lot of college (throw away degrees). Not people who have actually encountered or prevailed over criminals or done real police work. They prefer that you were in band in high school and have a master's degree. If you want to go to a geal state level investigative bureau, I suggest GBI

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    They're only hiring dorks with a lot of college (throw away degrees). Not people who have actually encountered or prevailed over criminals or done real police work. They prefer that you were in band in high school and have a master's degree. If you want to go to a geal state level investigative bureau, I suggest GBI
    I laughed out loud when I read this. How true. Hiring experienced LEO's brings all sorts of other baggage like, bad language and poor social grace. We remember when it was more important to turn up in meetings with shined shoes than to have anything else useful to contribute.

That is what you get when you place politically hooked up leadership in these roles. Just consider the legacy of Timmy Moore. :snicker:

Weeeeeelllllll Batman. There seems to be an opening in the commissioners staff.
    Let the manuvering begin.

So I am in the final phase, just waiting to hear in reference to my background check. They stated it takes about 3 weeks, its been exactly 3 weeks. Any suggestions on how much longer it should take? I think your Agency is a fantastic organization, and hope to be apart of it soon.

Thanks

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast