Stand your ground law - Page 3
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Stand your ground law

Yes, You do still /always try to make yourself sound superior. For instance, who are you to tell the poster why he feels/percieves things in a certain way? We do not want or need your preaching,teaching, holier than thou attitude. We are so over you and the constant reference to your wealth, intelligence,your education and the intense anger at police officers. We would like to discuss our own topics without you lurking. All ZPD employees
    are inherently proud of our dept. We bicker among ourselves but do not appreciate you
    trying to tear us down. You dont ask questions to get answers, you ask questions to stir the pot and remind us that you had a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by tomsg
    Yes, You do still /always try to make yourself sound superior. For instance, who are you to tell the poster why he feels/percieves things in a certain way? We do not want or need your preaching,teaching, holier than thou attitude. We are so over you and the constant reference to your wealth, intelligence,your education and the intense anger at police officers. We would like to discuss our own topics without you lurking. All ZPD employees
    are inherently proud of our dept. We bicker among ourselves but do not appreciate you
    trying to tear us down. You dont ask questions to get answers, you ask questions to stir the pot and remind us that you had a bad day.
    That you are mistaken. You are reading into my posts as you want to interpret them. The poster stated that they felt the prosecutors get basically all the glory and I tried to suggest why he/she may feel that way. I did not degrade your profession, I simply stated that we are all spokes on a bicycyle wheel, meaning not one profession is above the other and it takes all professions to make the judicial system work.

I made no reference to my wealth, intelligence or my education in this post, so I don't know where you are coming from regarding that statement when it comes to this post nor did I exhibit a holier than thou attitude, I respectfully disregard with some of the posters remarks.

I can lurk here all I want and I've extremely happy that you are proud of your department. You should be proud of where you work.

I didn't ask this question to stir that pot as you stated, I asked it, as I have already stated, to get answers and feedback from LEO. I don't have too many bad days, any day that you wake up on this side of the dirt is a good day

Quote Originally Posted by Ms G
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsg
    That you are mistaken. You are reading into my posts as you want to interpret them. The poster stated that they felt the prosecutors get basically all the glory and I tried to suggest why he/she may feel that way. I did not degrade your profession, I simply stated that we are all spokes on a bicycyle wheel, meaning not one profession is above the other and it takes all professions to make the judicial system work.

I made no reference to my wealth, intelligence or my education in this post, so I don't know where you are coming from regarding that statement when it comes to this post nor did I exhibit a holier than thou attitude, I respectfully disregard with some of the posters remarks.

I can lurk here all I want and I've extremely happy that you are proud of your department. You should be proud of where you work.

I didn't ask this question to stir that pot as you stated, I asked it, as I have already stated, to get answers and feedback from LEO. I don't have too many bad days, any day that you wake up on this side of the dirt is a good day
    Oops, I meant disagreed --sorry ops:

Actually, you turned the thread around. The poster ansered your question regarding Stand Your Ground, and you turned it around in an attempt to put cops down and make attorneys supreme. The poster made a comparison about lawyers as you did about officers. Then, as usual after it must have hit close to home, you go off the deep end.

So don't go trying to put the blame on anyone but yourself. N one mentioned wealth, etc, yet you go on and on about the almighty law profession. An officer that became an attorney. Must have been because he couldn't hack it as an officer.

If you were to honestly ask any prosecutor, they will tell you that the lion's share of any case is done on the street long before it lands on their desk. All they do is mop up.

Actually, you're incorrect, he became a lawyer because he was shot in the shoulder and medically retired he went to law school on his retraining money he was awarded due to his injury. He was a cop in Washington state. I have to respectfully disagree with your comment about prosecutors mopping up anything, I wouldn't call prep a case, reasearching it in a whole host of books and westlaw/lexis nexis and presenting it mopping up.

Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do no know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know

And things we thought we knew, turns out we didn't know - life is a learning experience and doesn't stop till you die

The case is handed to a prosecutor. The initial and followup investigations are all handled by officers on the street. The prosecutor does very little. Don't believe all you see on Law and Order.

I've never watched Law and Order or any of the CSI shows. One of the benefits of working as a prosecutor is if you worked there for 10 years, your student loan balance is forgiven. Right now, it cost about $130,000 to go to Stetson so that's a huge benefit that is offered.

"When the questions begin to ask themselves, this is when one knows ones only truths have been had."
    -Thomas the Train-

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast