Dark Days Ahead - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark Days Ahead

Re: Dark Days Ahead

How about just having representation at a disciplinary hearing? Just having someone there to ask questions and to raise points of law and other issues is missing right now. A union representative may not be able to change the outcome, but just having someone on your side is important. A union can also look at some of the SOPs and General Orders for degrees of fairness and discrimination in their interpretation by supervisors. A union is not only there for bargaining issues (although important), it is supposed to be there to represent the working members of the union itself.

The reason we should have kept the union is that they were willing to break the law to wrench the one we had away from us. No new sheriff will even consider keeping the ludicrous program they have developed in order to see who is "loyal." It was sold as a way to keep us healthier. I'd really like to see the costs in terms of workman's comp or to our "self insured" medical insurance program from the heart attacks and injuries. But I'm sure we're saving big somewhere. The whole thing makes no sense, just like removing hundreds of deputies off the streets for special programs.

I too agree the above post was very on target with its points and analysis. I would not begin to know who to attribute anything posted on this board to in terms of authorship as our Office is now becoming more educated with so many capable people all throughout its ranks that dozens could have authored it.

What I find important about the post is that I don't think it is negative or smacks of sour grapes. I think the post was an intended wake up call the way I perceive it. I liken it to a car driving fast for a long time. The driver becomes velocitized to the speed. They get used to it. Unless the driver checks the speedometer they almost could forget how fast they are really going. The Office's leadership seems to have partially gotten a bit off track and think the post pointed out some of the most serious things that could make everybody's life much more difficult or that much more easy depending upon what direction staff takes in their decisions. Sometimes the upper crust is surrounded by too many yes people and a dose of reality is needed. I like the name of one regular poster on here "Cruel Truth" because to me that is what the post is, cruel truth about some things that need to get back on track. To be positive I do agree that our Office has so much potential to be awesome. It is as if we are so close but yet so far at times.

Even if they don't like the message maybe staff will get some of the many points posted on this forum and perhaps make some changes. All of us loyal deputies would love to see it.
    No need to try and back peddle now, there really isnt that many around with advanced degrees that think they are better than everyone else.

Since none of the leadership at the top is ever ready & willing to listen to "The People" of HCSO, imagining that would be beneath them, a union would force them to at least listen to the voices of "The People" and have it on record. Right now the office is being run like a dictatorship without any "checks & balances" in place, the type of checks & balances that a union could provide. It comes down to the fact that any Law Enforcement Agency run properly & fairly, without the need for secrecy, would not have a problem with a Union or have gone to the extremes to get rid of a Union like HCSO did. It's the reason HCSO currently has a non-existent "Open Door Policy" program in place, as well as very poor Communication skills.

I don't know who you think I am but I guarantee you would be surprised. I just love your lack of cop skills. You make simple guesses about poster identity based on what, the fact I can put a noun and verb together. You think insightfulness is limited to who, someone with advanced degrees, bullshizzle. That is insulting to a great many here at the Office.

The fact is it really BOTHERS STAFF that they do not know poster identities. Keep guessing away at whoever you think the poster is, fact is you will never guess it right :evil: By the way I am not a guy :twisted: Just little ol' devil :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Phil

I too agree the above post was very on target with its points and analysis. I would not begin to know who to attribute anything posted on this board to in terms of authorship as our Office is now becoming more educated with so many capable people all throughout its ranks that dozens could have authored it.

What I find important about the post is that I don't think it is negative or smacks of sour grapes. I think the post was an intended wake up call the way I perceive it. I liken it to a car driving fast for a long time. The driver becomes velocitized to the speed. They get used to it. Unless the driver checks the speedometer they almost could forget how fast they are really going. The Office's leadership seems to have partially gotten a bit off track and think the post pointed out some of the most serious things that could make everybody's life much more difficult or that much more easy depending upon what direction staff takes in their decisions. Sometimes the upper crust is surrounded by too many yes people and a dose of reality is needed. I like the name of one regular poster on here "Cruel Truth" because to me that is what the post is, cruel truth about some things that need to get back on track. To be positive I do agree that our Office has so much potential to be awesome. It is as if we are so close but yet so far at times.

Even if they don't like the message maybe staff will get some of the many points posted on this forum and perhaps make some changes. All of us loyal deputies would love to see it.
    No need to try and back peddle now, there really isnt that many around with advanced degrees that think they are better than everyone else.

Dark days ahead? LMAO. Dark days are and have been here for a long while now. The Sheriff is inept and the command staff with the exception of only a couple are useless baffoons. Dark days indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark days are here
    Dark days ahead? LMAO. Dark days are and have been here for a long while now. The Sheriff is inept and the command staff with the exception of only a couple are useless baffoons. Dark days indeed.
    Definately NO NEED to wear sunscreen working at Hcso nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The whole office has become a complete joke and a huge embarrassment. With the exception of the inner political ring of YES MEN at the office, who we will refer to from now on as the "Republican Guard".......everybody else is clearly miserable. This leadership and it's Republican Guard can only trample on the good hard working people for just so long though, before their greedy power structure crumbles, just like it did in Iraq. Just how many times can decent people be deceived and treated like the gum stuck to the bottom of a shoe, before they rise up and say enough is enough. It is with great certainty that if the Union was still in existence today and it were put up for a vote again right now, the Union would win by a landslide. All those great promises to take care of the troops and show sincerity for them voting out the Union have fallen totally to the wayside. Unless the office and it's current leadership make some DRASTIC CHANGES right of way and open their ears to the harsh bitterness it has created among it's troops, it will be one MISERABLE year ahead in 2012 and each year after. It won't be easy and it won't happen overnight, because for many the bitterness runs deep, but it can be fixed if those in charge take the time to listen and care enough to change some of their ways.

Thanks but we prefer Praetorian guard over Republican Guard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12