Florida PBA and Fraternal Order of Police endorse Alex Sink - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Florida PBA and Fraternal Order of Police endorse Alex Sink

"Hey I've got questions. Have you got answers?" I sure hope you don't read evidence the way you read these posts. If you do, the sao must hate you. What an idiot. If these posts get too difficult, let us know. We'll dumb them down for you.

Scott can cut all these do nothing high paid staff positions he wants. I work for a living and my stats show it. Are you so afraid he will cut your job because you have nothing to show for your efforts. Must be another PBA/fireman. Shame on you all.

Thank you for posting this endorsement for Alex Sink and Rod Smith and giving us facts to study before we vote. Sink and Smith have a solid record while Scott is the opposite. His involvement in massive fraud is scary. Its no wonder the republican leadership united to keep him from winning the primary. He won the primary with $50 million in TV ads but now we have more information. I urge readers of this message to watch the debates and get some facts before voting.

Scott could easily clear his name by answering questions, unless he has something really terrible to hide. He dodged and ducked questions during the last debate. I give up on waiting for him to give a straight answer.

FACTS support Sink. Here's why: Rick Scott is a con artist who defrauded millions. His economic plan has been studied by impartial economists and simply would bankrupt gov't. Correctional officers this weekend oppose him because he would dismantle the jail and less criminals would get incarcerated.

John Womer, formerly a major at SPPD who was admired for his honesty among "integrity challenged" staff members, works in the Fraud Division of the Dept of Financial Services representing Alex Sink. He and his staff have been equipped to do the job.
    Now ask yourself how Scott, a man accused of THE NATION'S LARGEST FRAUD, would staff that budget? How receptive would Scott be to law enforcement?!

Check out the investigative articles done on Scott. Even at a Tea Party fundraiser among his supporters in Bradenton on Saturday, he refused to provide a straight answer on his involvement to a supporter who said he had a couple questions. Scott took the 5th Amendment 75 times and refused to answer questions.

Is THAT who you want running the state?
    Listen to what LEO's say about Sink and Scott: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D7pu...eature=channel

Listen to Rick Scott under oath in his Deposition Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIYad3TvY6Q

In 1995, the Clinton administration announced a “crackdown” on Medicare billing practices across the health-care industry (Source: Philadelphia Inquirer, May 4, 1995). The number of Medicare investigations increased from around 600 in 1992 to more than 2,200 investigations by 1996. At the time, there were tens of thousands of pages of Medicare regulations, and virtually all healthcare companies were affected by the government crackdown.
    By 1998, the government “crackdown” was becoming controversial. The healthcare industry started pushing back, complaining that the federal government was classifying many honest mistakes as “fraud,” and playing a game of “Gotcha!” (Forbes, May 18, 1998)
    Eventually, the government was forced to launch a program to help train hospital billing personnel in how to properly interpret Medicare billing regulations (Source: “Hospitals get advice on fraud prevention,” USA Today, February 12, 1998).
    Was Rick’s company, Columbia/HCA, the only one to pay fines??
    No, it wasn’t. Thousands of companies paid fines — virtually the entire industry was affected. And many well-known hospitals got hit with multimillion-dollar fines. Among those hit the hardest: Harvard University Hospitals, University of Chicago Hospital, Yale Hospital, Duke University Hospital and the Johns Hopkins University Hospital.
    Is it true that Rick Scott was guilty and paid $1.7 billion for Medicare fraud?
    No. Rick was never fined, and never charged with doing anything wrong — he was never even questioned as part of the investigation. And he played no part in Columbia/HCA’s decision to settle claims with the government.
    Is It True Rick Scott took $300 Million When He left Columbia/HCA
    Yes! That is what for-profit CEO’s do! They manage private sector businesses efficiently and with a goal of making honest profit’s for their shareholders and obviously a successful CEO is entitled to a share of that profit! (An action which is foreign to career bureaucrats and not understandable by same!)
    Rick and Columbia/HCA parted ways in mid-1997 over the issue of how to move the company forward in the face of the federal government’s investigation of Columbia/HCA …
    … Almost four years after Rick and the company parted ways, Columbia/HCA, like many other companies, ultimately reached a settlement with the government. According to press reports, the company agreed to pay $840 million in fines in early 2000. Then in 2003, another settlement was reached that settled all further claims for $881 million. All told, the fines and restitution totaled just over $1.7 billion. Rick Scott has made it clear that as CEO, he accepts responsibility for the mistakes that were made on his watch.
    Some people try to imply that Rick Scott was guilty of some crime. Is that true?
    No. Rick Scott was never charged with doing anything wrong, and he was never even questioned.
    Rick says he will turn Florida around, but what did he accomplish as CEO of Columbia/HCA?
    Rick Scott demanded accountability and got results. Let’s look at what Rick Scott accomplished from 1988 to 1997:
    • A decade of success — The company started with two hospitals and rapidly grew to more than 340 hospitals in under 10 years.
    • High patient satisfaction — Columbia consistently outperformed the rest of the hospital industry in patient satisfaction. The Gallup Organization found that 94% of patients at Columbia were satisfied or very satisfied, compared with just 88% for the rest of the industry (Source: “Investing in 21st Century Hospitals,” Health Affairs Magazine, March/April 1997)
    Is Bill McCollum senile? Can He Not Remember His words about the actions of the Clinton Administration? After all he spent almost the entire four years attempting to impeach Bill Clinton! He either can’t remember his position on the matter at that time or he is lying because, all he has ever come up with oh attack RICK SCOTT is a total lie! And he darn well know it! And just recently Bill said his integrity has never been in question! Apparently he has none! That’s Why!
    BILL McCOLLUM ON MEDICARE FRAUD, 1998
    In 1998, then Florida Congressman Bill McCollum sided with the hospital industry (i.e. Columbia-HCA) when he spoke against the federal government’s efforts on Medicare fraud. These are excerpts from the Congressional Record of McCollum’s remarks on March 19, 1998, on the Health Care Claims Guidance Act. McCollum is now criticizing his opponent, Rick Scott, former CEO of Columbia-HCA, for alleged Medicare fraud:
    “We should not carelessly paint all health-care billing mistakes as billing fraud.”
    “The most innocent of providers often feel forced to settle these claims instead of facing the prospect of an automatic $10,000 fine for a small disputed amount.”
    “Considering that providers are faced with a federal health-care payment system of more than 1,700 pages of law and over 1,200 pages of regulations interpreting those laws, as well as thousands of additional pages of instruction, it is inevitable that human error will occur and that erroneous claims will be submitted.”
    “Even if a provider could clearly prove their innocence and show that these claims resulted from innocent clerical error, they would be likely to settle the case rather than incur large legal costs.”
    http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_p ... l+Pulse%29

Sink admits to planned cuts of $700 Million from the budget. she proposes spending $12.5 Billion. without increasing taxes, this just doesn't add up, but then again, nothing Alex Sink says does. And she was a "Math Major"?

That $11.8 Billion dollar deficit is coming out of our pockets one way or another.

This is incredible. I knew leoaffairs was in bed with the PBA but I didn't think they would compromise the integrity of the messageboards. Twice I have made posts stating I would not vote for Sink because she is a flaming liberal...nothing vulgar...no accusations of criminality...and twice the posts have been removed. I guess the moderator is a liberal Sink fan. I hope Chip endorses what you are doing, Mod, because he will be finding out. I thought you liberals were real big proponents and protectors of free speech and diversity???

Quote Originally Posted by Sink doesn't add up
    Sink admits to planned cuts of $700 Million from the budget. she proposes spending $12.5 Billion. without increasing taxes, this just doesn't add up, but then again, nothing Alex Sink says does. And she was a "Math Major"?

That $11.8 Billion dollar deficit is coming out of our pockets one way or another.
    There are reductions and then there are targeted reductions. I'd much rather be backing a gubernatorial candidate that supports Fire Fighters and Law Enforcement Officers than an individual who tells me in so many words that he's going to stick it in and break it off! We got warnings like the one depicted below, early-on (face to face) in both Washington D.C. and in Tallahassee from friends on the REPUBLICAN side of the aisle.

FRS reductions letter / campaign HELP!
    Dear Brothers and Sisters;
    In case you may have missed all the news reports or campaign material I am attaching a letter from the Clay County Sheriff regarding a meeting with Rick Scott. He makes no bones about the fact that pensions will be reduced for both current employees and those yet to be hired. He will also require a 6% deduction from every paycheck for the remainder of your careers as a pension contribution.

I have met with the League of Cities, Assoc. of Counties, Associated Industries of Florida and several others this week, and all have said that the legislature is also going to make changes to the Local pension plans (175) due to their un sustainability.

Rick Scott put in another 3.5 million dollars last night into his campaign. Alex's campaign cannot match that but is trying to do a last minute buy of television this week. She must have the money in by Tuesday or Wednesday. I am asking each of you to make a donation or an additional one, and those Locals with PAC's we need your help too. If you have already "maxed" out with a $500.00 donation, please contact the FPF and we will advise you on how to make additional donations. There is no limit on how much you may contribute, but please contact us for the information on whom and where to send these additional dollars.

It would be a shame to be this close and lose by not just going that little extra distance now.

Gary Rainey, President
    Florida Professional Firefighters

Letter from Sheriff Rick Beseler:
    https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=...thkey=CIia4I4F

FD Bro'

Sink Doesn't support Fire Fighters and Law Enforcement Officers. she treats them like $h!t.

Alex sink is all about herself and getting our money. she pretends to be this wonderful person on the campaign trail, but some of us have seen the real Alex Sink, and it ain't pretty.

Cops need to vote Rick Scott for Governor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sink? Get Real
    Sink Doesn't support Fire Fighters and Law Enforcement Officers. she treats them like $h!t.

Alex sink is all about herself and getting our money. she pretends to be this wonderful person on the campaign trail, but some of us have seen the real Alex Sink, and it ain't pretty.

Cops need to vote Rick Scott for Governor.

Fair enough.

She's lying and he's telling the truth to the Clay County Sheriff.

I see your point and it scares me.

FD Bro'

Why do the Fire Department employees always stick with the wrong, liberal policies of people like Sink?

I mean does getting paid to sleep really make you guys that out of touch with reality?

Rick Scott was never fined, and never charged with doing anything wrong — he was never even questioned as part of the investigation. And he played no part in Columbia/HCA’s decision to settle claims with the government.

Bill McCollum’s remarks on March 19, 1998, on the Health Care Claims Guidance Act:

“We should not carelessly paint all health-care billing mistakes as billing fraud.”

“The most innocent of providers often feel forced to settle these claims instead of facing the prospect of an automatic $10,000 fine for a small disputed amount.”

“Considering that providers are faced with a federal health-care payment system of more than 1,700 pages of law and over 1,200 pages of regulations interpreting those laws, as well as thousands of additional pages of instruction, it is inevitable that human error will occur and that erroneous claims will be submitted.”

“Even if a provider could clearly prove their innocence and show that these claims resulted from innocent clerical error, they would be likely to settle the case rather than incur large legal costs.”

And what's with using Magnum PI's ring on your Avatar? Is that supposed to make you look tough?....cause it doesn't work for you.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast