Will TPD be hiring in 2011?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will TPD be hiring in 2011?

Anyone with TPD hearing anything about them hiring in 2011? I live in Tallahassee and I just finished taking the CJBAT and passed it today. I would not mind going to Pat Thomas and staying in Tallahassee but being that I need to work, the few agaencies that sponsor people is grabbing my attentioin but If there is a chance I can stay in Tallahassee i would prefer that. im from orlando so going back down there would not be a big deal. Also when moving from one agency to another say from FHP to TPD, do agencies have a problem hiring someone thats mvoing from one to another? Really excited to begin this long process but Im young enough so I'm ready!

Thanks for any info or advice. 8)

Re: Will TPD be hiring in 2011?

TPD is not sponsoring anyone through the academy due to budget constraints. That was stopped last year. You will have to put yourself through the academy or hire on w/ FWC or FHP etc etc and go that route.

Good luck.

Have the hiring standards changed w/ McNeill gone? I applied a few years ago, but was not processed b/c of IA complaints, even though none were sustained.

TPD has always impressed me as a very professional agency, even after not getting hired, so it's not like I'm crying, just curious

I know they do not sponsor but I was just seeing if any word on if they would hire in 2011. TPD is a very professional agnecy from what I can tell from being around them some. So are some of the other agencies I've been around. Its been a tough choice in deciding going FHP since they pay or paying my way through the academy and hoping to land with an agency in Tallahassee or Orlando. I have a family so i have to have some sort of income while in the academy.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEDAMAN
    I know they do not sponsor but I was just seeing if any word on if they would hire in 2011. TPD is a very professional agnecy from what I can tell from being around them some. So are some of the other agencies I've been around. Its been a tough choice in deciding going FHP since they pay or paying my way through the academy and hoping to land with an agency in Tallahassee or Orlando. I have a family so i have to have some sort of income while in the academy.

Enjoy living in Tampa or Orlando on 34K a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

Try closer to 40K and max out in 10 years at 70K with a pension that blows yours away.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy from the real TPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest

Try closer to 40K and max out in 10 years at 70K with a pension that blows yours away.

The 34K is on FHP's salary in Tampa or Orlando as stated in the previous post.

..........I hope those awesome pension checks go towards some adult-education reading comprehension classes......

I would love to come to Tally to work. How is the Dept with Lateral transfers?

Does TPD still require a degree?? I have several yrs experience and would consider a lateral if there isn't a degree requirement.

I think a degree is prefered but LCSO doesnt require a degree. May wanna check them out if you dont have your degree. Both are outstanding agencies along with the others in the city. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast