ARTICLE 1 - Details
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ARTICLE 1 - Details

WHEREAS: Drastic times call for drastic measures. The Tribe charges vendors $ 55 an hour for details, you only receive OT, which for a patrol officer amounts to $ 30 an hour.

WHEREAS: We need to send a clear message to the command that this practice, along with the other injustices of this agency are unacceptable.

NOW THEREFORE: On Monday the 6th day of August 200, No member of GOHTCA will sign up for Paradise Detail for the weekend of Friday September 17 - Sunday September 19, 2010

NOW THEREFORE: On Monday the 13th*day of August 200, No member of GOHTCA will sign up for Paradise Detail for the weekend of Friday September 24 - Sunday September 26, 2010.

IN KEEPING: *With this, I recognize that Officers relay on Detail money. *You will work this weekend ( after you are mandated), this will show the command that they need our services & we should be treated with respect. I assure you this is a completely anonymous way to send the message. We will have their attention. We have no Union & Supervisors that do not stand up for us. Time to take matters in our own hand. * * Details are completely voluntary. There is no law or policy against this Article.*

Signed into Article 1

GONE OFFICERS HOLDING THE COMMAND ACCOUNTABLE*

GOTCHA President

Re: ARTICLE 1 - Details

love it count us in.

Ask yourself, are you Happy with the direction of the Department? If not, do not voice your concern to your Sergeant, they will blow you in to the Lieutenant & you will be targeted by the Command Staff. Do not falter in the face of adversity, simply follow Article 1 & do not sign up for details on your designated weekend. Let them mandate you. You will still get paid & there will be no officer safety issue. This will single to the Council that things at SPD are out of control. If one person crosses the picket line, we all will suffer. If we stand united we can send a message to the council that things at SPD are out of control & make a real change. Spread the word, carefully.

GONE OFFICERS HOLDING THE COMMAND ACCOUNTABLE

Quote Originally Posted by GOHTCA President
    Ask yourself, are you Happy with the direction of the Department? If not, do not voice your concern to your Sergeant, they will blow you in to the Lieutenant & you will be targeted by the Command Staff. Do not falter in the face of adversity, simply follow Article 1 & do not sign up for details on your designated weekend. Let them mandate you. You will still get paid & there will be no officer safety issue. This will single to the Council that things at SPD are out of control. If one person crosses the picket line, we all will suffer. If we stand united we can send a message to the council that things at SPD are out of control & make a real change. Spread the word, carefully.

GONE OFFICERS HOLDING THE COMMAND ACCOUNTABLE
    Guys guys c'mon now, We are r taken this to a whole new level. if this is happening to you with ur sgt then there is some issues, take control it can not be like this all across da board. Dont be like everyone else, if ur fellow officers or the "command" has failed you. dont let it get you down, dont stop what u r doing, u got into this job for a reason. why is that reason not being overcome by propaganda. do what you r supposed to do. if you get in trouble for doing your job the right way, then so be it. we r going to get through whatever is going on, we always will. u dont want to work details? who does that hurt? simple, the people who put their trust in us to be there and ur fellow officer who expect u to be there. i know that there are some people who fall into a category of the less desireable, dont let them take u down with u.4 rules that there should be, come to work, serve the community, take out the trash and go home. There are some people who have a complex issue, they are never wrong, wont hold themselves accountable, wont take responsibility, we all know these people. fear is what leads them, they are afraid of someone who can out do them. dont be like that. U remember ur oath, remember it and remember it well, if you get fired, targeted, isolated, black balled for being the Al Serpico of 2010, you will be able to sleep better at night. Dont hold the command accountable, hold the individual accountable.dont spread the word carefully, do ur job carefully. if you want to live the rest of ur dayz with hopes and dreams that council will one day recognize that something is "out of control" spend 5 min on the subject, change everything for the worse and move onto something else, u go ahead. I have a job to do and i attend to do it.

I am Eliot Ness for a reason, consider yourself warned.

Elliot Ness - Resign your current position & go back to the road. After the intoxicating effects of the propaganda pipe wear off, you can pass judgement.I told you they would worry, the word is already getting out. They will send messengers to try to stop Article 1. Ask yourself, when was the last time the messeanger worked a detail, was mandated to work, was reprimanded, worked on the weekend, worked past 5:00, or has answered call to call with no back up. The messenger is only good at writing training bulletins, going to lunch, emailing, going to meetings, and blowing smoke Anybodys butt that will listen.

St

Responses to Messenger Elliot Ness
    You are out of touch with the operations of this department. For you to think that things are not like this " across da board"**shows you sit behind a desk way too much. Jump in a squad car.

You have confirmed that there is a problem with people that "do not hold themselves accountable" these are the same people we want to resign and want to effect with Article 1.

You have given us a way to combat the command " spend 5 minutes on the issue and move on" *We are! It takes no time, not to sign up for a detail. Police services will not be effected because everyone will be mandated. You are a smart individual, realign your priorities, open your eyes, and join GOHTCA, I need a vice president.*

You are out of touch with the operations of this department. For you to think that things are not like this " across da board"**shows you sit behind a desk way too much. Jump in a squad car.

You have confirmed that there is a problem with people that "do not hold themselves accountable" these are the same people we want to resign and want to effect with Article 1.

You have given us a way to combat the command " spend 5 minutes on the issue and move on" *We are! It takes no time, not to sign up for a detail. Police services will not be effected because everyone will be mandated. You are a smart individual, realign your priorities, open your eyes, and join GOHTCA, I need a vice president.*
    What does GOHTCA stand for anyway? I dont like some of these people either but there is no reason to take it out on ur fellow officer. and fyi, i have to desk. i understand about the details and i work them too. yeah it bothers me when mainly only sgts and officers work details. yeah it bothers me about the accountablility, but guess what we move on, come n join my untouchables.

I am Eliot Ness, consider urself warned

[quote=Eliot Ness]
    Quote Originally Posted by "GOHTCA President":19bb652z

What does GOHTCA stand for anyway? I dont like some of these people either but there is no reason to take it out on ur fellow officer. and fyi, i have to desk. i understand about the details and i work them too. yeah it bothers me when mainly only sgts and officers work details. yeah it bothers me about the accountablility, but guess what we move on, come n join my untouchables.

I am Eliot Ness, consider urself warned[/quote:19bb652z]

I see the GOHTCA, Gone Officers Holding The Command Accountable

Join the Untouchables?
    What is the Untouchables Platform? Let me guess: Come to SPD, talk about all your experience and get promoted. Then get your friends hired and promoted. Never work details, never get mandated to work. Hold everyone eles accountable by micromanaging through lengthy emails! How do you simply justify these salaries during our economic recession?*

What about all the extra money that the PD is making off of our labor at the details. Where is it going? It is not being given to us in raises, wellness, tuition reimbursement, new equipment, new vehicles. And most importantly it is not being used to fund police officer positions. Just 3 years ago we had 12 Police Officers per shift. Now we are lucky to have 4 per shift. With the extra work like running to the hospital every 5 minutes, Guarding a child that "the tribe gave custody to the grandmother" from his biological father, gate guard, and drops we are required to do twice the work with a quarter of the people. And in order to make us do the work a directive comes out about *exactly what we have to say to people when we visit them at the hospital. Sign here!

What about Training. When we had 12 officers per shift, there was a training sergeant and officer. now we have a quarter of the officers and 8 people in Training!

What about the fear and intimation! This is a hostile work embodiment. *We will make the Tribe notice

The list goes on & on & on. We are out of control!!!

The real Elliot Ness was so outraged by the justice system that faltered to the fear and intimidation of Al Capone that he had no choice to live by his principles and take action. Similarly, we are being treated unfairly and we need to take a stand. Every police department is feeling the economic pinch & most PDs have adapted a community policing style. But I'm sure you can agree with me that officers at other departments are not being treated like this!

Be a man!

Join the Untouchables?
    What is the Untouchables Platform? Let me guess: Come to SPD, talk about all your experience and get promoted. Then get your friends hired and promoted. Never work details, never get mandated to work. Hold everyone eles accountable by micromanaging through lengthy emails! How do you simply justify these salaries during our economic recession?*

What about all the extra money that the PD is making off of our labor at the details. Where is it going? It is not being given to us in raises, wellness, tuition reimbursement, new equipment, new vehicles. And most importantly it is not being used to fund police officer positions. Just 3 years ago we had 12 Police Officers per shift. Now we are lucky to have 4 per shift. With the extra work like running to the hospital every 5 minutes, Guarding a child that "the tribe gave custody to the grandmother" from his biological father, gate guard, and drops we are required to do twice the work with a quarter of the people. And in order to make us do the work a directive comes out about *exactly what we have to say to people when we visit them at the hospital. Sign here!

What about Training. When we had 12 officers per shift, there was a training sergeant and officer. now we have a quarter of the officers and 8 people in Training!

What about the fear and intimation! This is a hostile work embodiment. *We will make the Tribe notice

The list goes on & on & on. We are out of control!!!

The real Elliot Ness was so outraged by the justice system that faltered to the fear and intimidation of Al Capone that he had no choice to live by his principles and take action. Similarly, we are being treated unfairly and we need to take a stand. Every police department is feeling the economic pinch & most PDs have adapted a community policing style. But I'm sure you can agree with me that officers at other departments are not being treated like this!

Be a man!
    Well i agree.
    I have been mandated to work paradise. I WANT to know how come I NEVER see anyone from the training unit working paradise. I never see it. Dont talk about how it's done, show us how it's done. I want to see one of them work 10-6 paradise. not the smoke shop, not HRL, but paradise. When details were details, the only Lt I have ever see come to work was Powell and that was it, and Aaron Wright when he was here. I just dont want to be told "step up to the plate" from people who dont step up to the plate. when it comes to these details.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast