latest Policy

Thread: latest Policy

Post latest Policy

Ok people...WTF!...Now we have a policy that DICTATES (hmm..seems to be a fitting word) how we use our social networking sites?!?!?! How much control can an administration have when it comes to your personal life?!?! Can't have a picture of you in your uniform??? i have pictures on mine so that I can share my love of law enforcement with my friends and family!!! i'm proud to be an officer!!! What harm is there in having a picture of myself in uniform posted on my social networking site??!! They say these sites are public domain...I disagree!! If I don't want you seeing what's on my site, there's a reason and the reason doesnt have to be because I have something to hide, it just may be that I don't like you!! That's why there are privacy settings! I know of MANY people, all connected with law enforcement that have a social networking page, some of thsses individuals are "top cops" in their respective agencies and they embrace it! But noooo..not our administration!! They fear it because they are ignorant to it!! that's the bottom line!! Our administration needs to progress in all areas or take a swift exit and allow more progressive thinking individuals to take over the helm! I highly suggest that you DO NOT use any city owned computer for personal use no matter what the reasons!!! And the thing about accessing these sites from cellphones??? LMAO...This administration is off their rockers!!! Of ALL the problems to address in this department they are concerned with this crap!!!! What a joke!!!

Re: latest Policy

hello btpdslave, this is not my first post on here. first i would like to say, i was laughing my ass off when i heard we cant use our cell phones unless on breaks. maybe our admin should open thier eyes and look back a few weeks. if we cant use our cell phones unless on a break then why did a sgt. make nine different phone calls to dispatch about something that should have been on the radio..... oh wait...... they were told about that but nothing has been done about it. the problem is not in our social networking and our so called admin needs to see that some one they promoted to sgt. is gonna get another officer killed on that shift. (god forbbid that happen). i guess he is such a cut throat that he has all the admin fooled into thinking he is worthy of the stripes he wears. only the ones below gold bars can see though his deseption. :evil:
    all i can say is every officer on that shift does a good job and are outstanding subjects of the police community. keep up the good work and watch your back.......the devil is inside the walls!!!!........ :twisted: